Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 16!!!

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:good response from Robertson you gotta say. after what happened the last frame. deserving winner in the end.

I'm not to disappointed by the result but just with Ronnies performance overall. dont need to repeat the same stuff again. weve been writing about it since Romania. Still have hopes for the World Championship but I'm realistic. Will he suddenly stop missing sitters or unforced errors he's been doing for months? Unlikely.

I find your optmism for the Worls refreshing <ok> I'm hopeful but realistic at the same time too.

I still think he can win a ranker until then, but has to do it in Wales or unlikely in China. Dont know if he'll enter Players Champs.

Its definitely in Ronnies advantage now he didnt have a good second half of the season in 14/15 but I definitely wouldnt mind if he wins some ranking points. Winning the Welsh or China would be great obviously. Otherwise he could really play someone like trump or higgins in the 2nd round of the World. even though i have to say I'd like to see ROS vs Higgins. time to get some revenge.

Postby mantorok

masterdoctorgenius wrote:no ifs and buts.neil full deserved the victory. played really well.

regarding ronnie, nothing to be disappointed about. chin up, move on and try, try,try.

Can someone notify a mod, MDGs account has been hacked.

Postby TheRocket

mantorok wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:no ifs and buts.neil full deserved the victory. played really well.

regarding ronnie, nothing to be disappointed about. chin up, move on and try, try,try.

mdg is in good mood after Federer won his 18th slam and Ronnie his 7th Masters.

Postby snucar

Good to see Robbo playing to his usual standards again after a long time. If Murphy confirms his good progress too, we might not get a World as dull as last year's.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie interviewed afterwards, man of few words again. His Snooker does the talking and that's the main thing.

Upwards and onwards for the Welsh.
Last edited by Andre147 on 09 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

TheRocket wrote:
mantorok wrote:

I agree.

A bit like me.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
mantorok wrote:

I was about to write that lol <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

snucar wrote:Good to see Robbo playing to his usual standards again after a long time. If Murphy confirms his good progress too, we might not get a World as dull as last year's.

I quite enjoyed Ding's progress to the final last year.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:When is Sharapova playing again?

That's the tennis I care about.

She has been banned, I think it's until March or April.

Postby eraserhead

When's the last time Trump played Allen in a proper match, I'd quite like to see them clash at the worlds.

Postby sas6789

I see both O'Sullivan and Trump lost, pity as I wanted to see them play each other tonight, always a mouth-watering prospect.

What happened, were Ronnie and Judd off form or were they outplayed?

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:When's the last time Trump played Allen in a proper match, I'd quite like to see them clash at the worlds.

2013 UK, Allen won 6-4.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
eraserhead wrote:When's the last time Trump played Allen in a proper match, I'd quite like to see them clash at the worlds.

2013 UK, Allen won 6-4.

Wasn't their UK final more recent than that?

EDIT: buck me, it wasn't. 2011? How the hell was that more than five years ago?
Last edited by SnookerFan on 09 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

2013 UK, Allen won 6-4.

Wasn't their UK final more recent than that?

That was 2011

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:That was 2011

Yes, check my cheeky edit.

Jeez, time flies. But I suppose that makes sense. He won it the same calendar year he got to The Crucible final.

Postby SnookerFan

I think I mentioned this the other day, so apologies for being boring.

But I saw a Judd vs Allen match live at The Masters. It was a Wild Card round, with Judd as the Wild Card. It started at 11am, and there can't have been more than a couple of dozen people there.

This was before either had won a ranking event. When The Masters was still at Wembley Arena. Long time ago now.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
eraserhead wrote:That was 2011

Yes, check my cheeky edit.

Jeez, time flies. But I suppose that makes sense. He won it the same calendar year he got to The Crucible final.

And still Trumps only major hes won. Something you didn't expect back then. Everybody thought, the guy will be winning much more. Well, he still has a lot of time of course.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:And still Trumps only major hes won. Something you didn't expect back then. Everybody thought, they guy will be winning much more. Well, he still has a lot of time of course.

Yes, he was seen as the next big thing wasn't he?

I remember making a prediction a year or so before that, that Judd would never win the World Title. (It was in the Egg On Your Face thread that went around.)

Suddenly out of nowhere, he was China Open champion and the next month a Crucible finalist. In December he was UK Champion, and I began to feel very silly. I thought by now he'd be multiple time Crucible champion.

Erm..... Not quite happened that way.

Postby snucar

SnookerFan wrote:
snucar wrote:Good to see Robbo playing to his usual standards again after a long time. If Murphy confirms his good progress too, we might not get a World as dull as last year's.

I quite enjoyed Ding's progress to the final last year.

Good for you. I think Ding played decent at best in last year's World. I've stopped rating him as top player long time ago. I think Wenbo is much stronger than him actually. On the other hand, I believe there's still top class snooker left in Robertson and Murphy, so it's good to see both recapturing some good form.

Postby TheRocket

It just shows that brillant potting is not everything. Murphy himself said after his Masters win in 2015 that he had thought he would dominate the game after winning his world title in 2005 at the age of 22. What's the result? Never won another world title. At least he won a UK and Masters title though which makes his triple crown cabinet complete.

Not sure whether Trump will do it.

Postby SnookerFan

snucar wrote:Good for you. I think Ding played decent at best in last year's World. I've stopped rating him as top player long time ago. I think Wenbo is much stronger than him actually. On the other hand, I believe there's still top class snooker left in Robertson and Murphy, so it's good to see both recapturing some good form.

rofl :limp:

Postby OoNebsoO

Is snooker.org wrong, or are they really going to have Robbo - Hawkins and Gould / Perry v M Allen / Liang Wenbo matches tonight?

Makes no sense having them play two today, while King - Fu, Day - Murphy have a day off.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:It just shows that brillant potting is not everything. Murphy himself said after his Masters win in 2015 that he had thought he would dominate the game after winning his world title in 2005 at the age of 22. What's the result? Never won another world title. At least he won a UK and Masters title though which makes his triple crown cabinet complete.

Not sure whether Trump will do it.

He might, he might. Can certainly see him winning one of the two.

He'd have beaten most guys in that Crucible final, it just so happened that Higgins isn't most guys.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
mantorok wrote:

I was about to write that lol <ok>

Me too :spot on:

Postby SnookerFan

OoNebsoO wrote:Is snooker.org wrong, or are they really going to have Robbo - Hawkins and Gould / Perry v M Allen / Liang Wenbo matches tonight?

Makes no sense having them play two today, while King - Fu, Day - Murphy have a day off.

This whole tournament format is a bit ridiculous really.

Maybe they think they'll let the players who are already at the venue have a second match. rofl