Post a reply

F66.Com German Masters Final !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 1st ~ Sunday 5th of February at Tempodrom, Berlin

Ali Carter will be playing in his 8th Ranking Final his first being the 2008 World Championship final and Anthony Hamilton after 15 years reaches his 3rd final having lost 9-7 to fergal O'Brien and 9-8 to Mark Williams in the previous two.

Can he go one better in Berlin?

DRAW

Allister Carter v Anthony Hamilton

Click Here for Head to Head

Overall Carter leads 5-2
Main Tournaments Carter leads 4-0
Multi Seshion Matches First Meeting

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: F66.Com German Masters Final !!!!!

Postby Andre147

I don't know anything about "Multi Seshion matches" lol...

I do hope Hamilton wins and gets rid of the tag "best player never to win a ranking event".

Because I really can't see no other player as good as him that hasn't won a ranker. Day is also good, but Hamilton is better than him and a much better breakbuilder.

Plus Hamilton's route to this Final has been tremendous, knocking out MJW, then World Champ and WN1 Mark Selby, then getting revenge v Hawkins after the heartbreaking loss at the NI Open, and finally v Bingham, who was very erratic but Hamilton managed to get the job done well after Bingo was right back in it.

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:I don't know anything about "Multi Seshion matches" lol...

Unusually cheeky for a gentleman like you Andre rofl

All joking aside, I agree with your summary about Hamilton. He's a good guy and a very good player; I'm not sure how he doesn't have a ranking title or a house yet.

Postby vodkadiet

The standard of snooker is so high these days yet an old aged pensioner is in the final of a big tournament in 2017. And he never won a tournament when he was in his prime 2 decades afore....

Postby Alex0paul

vodkadiet wrote:The standard of snooker is so high these days yet an old aged pensioner is in the final of a big tournament in 2017. And he never won a tournament when he was in his prime 2 decades afore....

I look forward to 10 years time when young guns like Mark Joyce and Ian Burns are in their prime reaching ranking finals

Postby PoolBoy

A win for Anthony Hamilton would, arguably, even 'surpass' the Mark King triumph!
Rightly, there was much fanfare around King's first ranking win at the age of 42 - but Hamilton is 45!

Postby hendry_fan

What a moment for both,the captain looking to collect his 5th piece o silverware and the sheriff of Pottingham looking to start his silverware collection,after he turned pro way back in 1991.

As much as i,d love Ants to win,i think,like most will be thinkin,that Ali will win.

COMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN Anthony,arrow that Captain down!. :-D

Postby hendry_fan

vodkadiet wrote:The standard of snooker is so high these days yet an old aged pensioner is in the final of a big tournament in 2017. And he never won a tournament when he was in his prime 2 decades afore....

"The standard of snooker is so high these days"

Hallo vodkadiet,hope your keepin well?. :-)

Try tellin that to the British Bulls**t Corperation,oops,i meant,the BBC as well as the overhypers and those livin in cloud cuckoo land. :dizzy: <laugh>

Postby Vallomas

I was very busy the last weeks and wasn't able to post here, but I was watching the tournament.

I am very very happy to see one of my favourite players in the final. Back in November, when this feathering incident happened in Belfast, I had a feeling that Hamilton would have another chance for a ranking title. He proved me right, with a tremendous run (don't forget the win over McGill on his first qualifier) and here he is again.

It's a "now or never" situation, but I hope that the Sheriff will stand at his height to make it. It will be a great story even for those who don't watch snooker.

No offense to Ali, but he has won four rankers and one of them was earlier this season. Now it's Anthony's turn. I hope.

Postby Cloud Strife

I hope Ali wins. I don't like the idea of someone winning a title at 45 years of age unless they're an all-time great player like Higgins or O'Sullivan. No offence to Hamilton.

The way things are going we're going to be reaching Doug Mountjoy territory soon.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Ali has been terribly unfortunate throughout his career, or I really do think he may have won more.

He's right up there with Trump, O'Sullivan, Robertson etc when it comes to raw cue power and getting some bite on the cue ball, it's just a shame that he sometimes goes into his shell and, for me, plays too defensive. I always think he plays better when he goes for his shots and plays aggressively.

Can't say I mind who wins. Hamilton has certainly claimed some high-profile scalps en route.

Postby LC

There's a huge void from the players born after the mid eighties, Robertson, selby , Murphy and ding, meaning there is still plenty of room for the forty somethings to continue to win trophys, no young British talent at all and for all the hype about the Chinese the only player barring ding to win a ranker is Wenbo, who is 29!

Postby eraserhead

Hamilton's been getting some good results recently so I'm supporting him, he's beaten the world no1 and 2 and the 2 most recent world champions on route to the final.

Postby Big-butt

eraserhead wrote:Hamilton's been getting some good results recently so I'm supporting him, he's beaten the world no1 and 2 and the 2 most recent world champions on route to the final.

Hope he does the business today.... <ok>

Postby Holden Chinaski

Cheshire Cat wrote:Ali has been terribly unfortunate throughout his career, or I really do think he may have won more.

He's right up there with Trump, O'Sullivan, Robertson etc when it comes to raw cue power and getting some bite on the cue ball, it's just a shame that he sometimes goes into his shell and, for me, plays too defensive. I always think he plays better when he goes for his shots and plays aggressively.

Can't say I mind who wins. Hamilton has certainly claimed some high-profile scalps en route.

Ali has had a lot of health problems. Crohn's disease must be terrible to have, and after that the cancer... It's amazing how he can deal with all that and still play snooker at the highest level. He's not my favourite player, but I have alot of respect for him. He's a great all round player. Sometimes it seems he can't find his A game, but when he's on fire he produces some great snooker.

Postby Coland

Hope Hamilton wins. He has the never-say-die attitude of a player like Selbo. He also excellent break-building skills, a bit like Selbo who is an excellent break builder.