Post a reply

Is Selbo the best snooker player of all-time?

Postby Coland

After witnessing Selbo's inflammation of Theppy today, himself an outstanding player, I came to the realisation Selbo is a rare breed; nobody has dominated Snooker this ruthlessly since Hendry.

I high time to ask: is Selbo not just the best of his era, or the best tactician of all time, but also the best player of all time?
Last edited by Coland on 03 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Is Selbo the best snooker player of all-time?

Postby Johnny Bravo

Coland wrote:After witnessing Selbo's inflammation of Theppy today, himself an outstanding player, I came to the realisation Selbo is a rare breed; nobody has dominated Snooker to this ruthlessly since Hendry.

I high time to ask: is Selbo not just the best of his era, or the best tactician of all time, but also the best player of all time?

I hope this post is just a joke. :?

How can Slowby be the best ever when he's nowhere near the level of Ronnie, Higgins, Hendry, Williams ?!

Postby Coland

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Coland wrote:After witnessing Selbo's inflammation of Theppy today, himself an outstanding player, I came to the realisation Selbo is a rare breed; nobody has dominated Snooker to this ruthlessly since Hendry.

I hope this post is just a joke. :?

How can Slowby be the best ever when he's nowhere near the level of Ronnie, Higgins, Hendry, Williams ?!

Who are you to say he isn't? He's better than all of the above.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Coland wrote: Who are you to say he isn't? He's better than all of the above.

He might be at a similar level when it comes to tactical and safety play, but he's no match for any of them when it comes to potting and break-building.

Postby Coland

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Coland wrote: Who are you to say he isn't? He's better than all of the above.

He might be at a similar level when it comes to tactical and safety play, but he's no match for any of them when it comes to potting and break-building.

Nonsense.

Postby Andre147

Is this thread supposed to be a joke?

Is this Roland in the name of Coland?

Selby is in the Top 10 of All time players, but best of all time? This is a joke surely... come back to me when he has the same amount of titles as the likes of Ronnie and Hendry have got.

I know one place where this crap should belng: in the junkyard. pmsl

Postby sas6789

Coland wrote:After witnessing Selbo's inflammation of Theppy today, himself an outstanding player, I came to the realisation Selbo is a rare breed; nobody has dominated Snooker this ruthlessly since Hendry.

He's barley even the top 10 ATM let alone the best ever.

Postby PoolBoy

sas6789 wrote:
Coland wrote:After witnessing Selbo's inflammation of Theppy today, himself an outstanding player, I came to the realisation Selbo is a rare breed; nobody has dominated Snooker this ruthlessly since Hendry.

Although this thread is clearly from a 'troll', I can't see how Selby isn't in the 'Top 10'!
I'd like to see 10 players more successful than Selbo! - sorry, Selby!!

Postby PoolBoy

PoolBoy wrote:
sas6789 wrote:

Although this thread is clearly from a 'troll', I can't see how Selby isn't in the 'Top 10'!

Indeed, I see no reason why he can't be ranked at 7th.
Behind the two Welsh players, Mark Williams and Ray Reardon.
Behind the two English players, Steve Davis and Ronnie O'sullivan.
Behind the two Scottish players, Stephen Hendry and John Higgins.

I can't think why he wouldn't be 7th!!!

Postby sas6789

PoolBoy wrote:
sas6789 wrote:

I said BARLEY in the top 10 not that he isn't.