Post a reply

F66.Com German Masters last 32 !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 1st ~ Sunday 5th of February at Tempodrom, Berlin

Top players Kyren Wilson, Joe Perry, Judd Trump, Shaun Murphy and John Higgins failed to make it to Berlin plus English Open Champion Liang Wenbo withdrew and Shanghai Masters Champion Ding Junhui did not enter.

But Ronnie O'Sullivan and World Champion Mark Selby will be there as will Ali Carter, Mark King, Marco Fu and Neil Robertson all winners on the tour this season.

A few surprises made it to berlin non more so than Veteran Jimmy White who overcame Chna sensation Zhou Yuelong and Joe Perry to make it.

Who will reach the last 16?

DRAW

Last 32

Martin Gould v Jamie Jones Gould leads 11-3
John J Astley v Ricky Walden Walden leads 1-0
Ryan Day v Mark Allen Allen leads 13-8
Robin Hull v Jimmy White Hull leads 1-0
Tom Ford v Peter Ebdon Tied at 1-1
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark King Tied at 4-4
Stephen Maguire v Allister Carter Carter leads 8-5
Akani Songsermsawad v Zhao Xintong Never played Before
----------------------------------------------------
Stuart Bingham v Zhang Yong Never played Before
Marco Fu v David Gilbert Marco Fu leads 3-2
Michael Holt v Stuart Carrington Holt leads 3-1
Dominic Dale v Yan Bingtao Dale leads 1-0
Neil Robertson v Ben Woollaston Robertson leads 3-0
Barry Hawkins v Michael White Hawkins leads 6-1
Anthony Hamilton v Mark Williams Hamilton leads 8-7
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Mark Selby Selby leads 2-1

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: F66.Com German Masters last 32 !!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Random observations.

Surprises me that Mark King has won 50% of his matches with Ronnie.

About time Ben Woollaston had another run in a tournament. If he's ever going to get his first win over Robbo, Robbo's current form is the time to do it.

Maguire vs Carter feels quite high profile.

Mark Allen vs Ryan Day might be interesting. Be funny if Allen loses.

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:Mark King surely has the best head to head against Ronnie of just about anyone!

John Parrott has the Best win % against Ronnie of anyone thats played him multiple times having won 8 out of 12 matches played.

Postby Dan-cat

Last time Ronnie played Mark King was the infamous Ronnie-nearly-didn't-pot-the-black-on-a-147 in the final frame.... Cue loads of Ronnie hate. It was fabulous theater and according to Monique the photographer had been planned for months by Ronnie and Jan!! Brilliant, audacious genius.

*it's a bit nippy up this tree today*

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Last time Ronnie played Mark King was the infamous Ronnie-nearly-didn't-pot-the-black-on-a-147 in the final frame.... Cue loads of Ronnie hate. It was fabulous theater and according to Monique the photographer had been planned for months by Ronnie and Jan!! Brilliant, audacious genius.

I sincerely hope that isn't true. There's no way referees should be allowing players to dictate to them how to referee a match, for any reason.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Last time Ronnie played Mark King was the infamous Ronnie-nearly-didn't-pot-the-black-on-a-147 in the final frame.... Cue loads of Ronnie hate. It was fabulous theater and according to Monique the photographer had been planned for months by Ronnie and Jan!! Brilliant, audacious genius.

I sincerely hope that isn't true. There's no way referees should be allowing players to dictate to them how to referee a match, for any reason.

that is obviously not true

and if its true Ronnie is exposed as a fraud i thought he made comments and behaved off the cuff not planned months in advance :limp:

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Well the planning would have been along the lines of... 'Jan, if I get a chance at a 147 and you are reffing, I'm going to not pot the black... and then you are going to tell me to 'do it for the fans'

And Jan's answer should've been, "I shall referee the way I see fit".

I know most people will see this sort of thing as trivial, and I'm not accusing anybody of cheating or trying to get an unfair advantage. But, no referee, in any sport, under any circumstances should allow a player to dictate their refereeing decisions. Full stop.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Well the planning would have been along the lines of... 'Jan, if I get a chance at a 147 and you are reffing, I'm going to not pot the black... and then you are going to tell me to 'do it for the fans'

I know most people will see this sort of thing as trivial, and I'm not accusing anybody of cheating or trying to get an unfair advantage. But, no referee, in any sport, under any circumstances should allow a player to dictate their refereeing decisions. Full stop.

It isn't a refereeing decision. No player has to pot the black once the pink is sunk and the frame won.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

It isn't a refereeing decision. No player has to pot the black once the pink is sunk and the frame won.

If it's a decision the referee makes, it's a refereeing decision.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Basically Ronnie asked Jan to do what he was going to do anyway :limp: :limp: :limp:

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

It was a decision Jan made, while not acting as a referee. Referees are people too you know!

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:It was pure theatre and I for one am glad Jan decided to play along with it.

dont be so soft jan would have told anyone to pot that black it was hardly playing along with anything <doh>

Postby Johnny Bravo

Hope Ronnie can win this one and finally get to 29 ranking events won. :-D

He said he feels he's cueing ok, but the tip caused him some problems.
And an off topic subject about his tip: if he thinks it's way too hard, why not put a soft tip on instead of a medium one ?!
What do you guys think ?!

Postby Andre147

Johnny Bravo wrote:Hope Ronnie can win this one and finally get to 29 ranking events won. :-D

And an off topic subject about his tip: if he thinks it's way too hard, why not put a soft tip on instead of a medium one ?!

I don't know about his tip problems, but he should get them sorted for one of the most exciting events in the calendar for me, a shame there's only 1 TV table when sometimes there are other cracking matches on. I can't forget that evening in 2015 QUarter-Finals, when ALL quarters finished 5-4, Murphy beating Ronnie on the last black, Selby beating Trump despite Trump knocking a 147, and even Mags beating Robbo in the decider when he needed 2 snookers in that final frame...

What I do know is Ronnie's draw this year is very kind, he has Ebdon or Ford in the Last 16, and then very likely Mags or Carter in the Quarters, before maybe Allen or Walden in the Semis... a very nice draw that he should definately make the most from... it would be a real shame if he didnt at leats reach the 1 table setup.I would like a Final between Robbo v Ronnie or the likely outcome Selby v Ronnie.

Postby Andre147

Of course King v Ronnie h2h is 4-4, but it would be a major surprise if King did manage to beat him. Ronnie will likely give him a lesson like their UK Champs meeting and win easily.

Postby Andre147

Also, if no one else is interested, I'd like to make a German Masters Prediction Contest.

I'll put the Templates up this weekend.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Hope Ronnie can win this one and finally get to 29 ranking events won. :-D

I don't know about his tip problems, but he should get them sorted for one of the most exciting events in the calendar for me, a shame there's only 1 TV table when sometimes there are other cracking matches on. I can't forget that evening in 2015 QUarter-Finals, when ALL quarters finished 5-4, Murphy beating Ronnie on the last black, Selby beating Trump despite Trump knocking a 147, and even Mags beating Robbo in the decider when he needed 2 snookers in that final frame...

What I do know is Ronnie's draw this year is very kind, he has Ebdon or Ford in the Last 16, and then very likely Mags or Carter in the Quarters, before maybe Allen or Walden in the Semis... a very nice draw that he should definately make the most from... it would be a real shame if he didnt at leats reach the 1 table setup.I would like a Final between Robbo v Ronnie or the likely outcome Selby v Ronnie.

Agree with everything Andre said. (Especially the bit about there not being enough televised matches at the German.) I think they put too much emphasis on making the venue look good on TV with the five table set-up jobby, so don't really care about the amount of matches per TV.

Also, Ronnie obviously can win the German Masters. Obviously there's a difference between saying he can win it, and saying he will win it. But now Andre has pointed out his draw, I believe he'll get at least to the final without too much problem. I wouldn't be surprised if he won it at all. I think the Tempodrome is a venue he'd like to play at too, so that'll help.

Also, I don't see his tip being a problem. He'll get that sorted before entering the next tournament. Ronnie has the ability to pick up a new cue he's never played with and win a tournament with it. So what's to say he'll even be playing with the same cue?

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Also, if no one else is interested, I'd like to make a German Masters Prediction Contest.

Go for it

i haven't got the time at the moment

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Also, if no one else is interested, I'd like to make a German Masters Prediction Contest.

Go for it

i haven't got the time at the moment

That'd be great, Andre.

Another title for me to snap up.

Postby eraserhead

Andre! :bowdown: :hatoff:

I think I'm defending champ for this as well! :D