Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters S Final Joe Perry v Barry Hawkins

Postby Cloud Strife

eraserhead wrote:I'm not sure what he's trying to say but I can see Judd being a player to look at a draw and picture himself in the final.

What exactly does that tweet mean? I'm at a loss with it, tbh.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
eraserhead wrote:I'm not sure what he's trying to say but I can see Judd being a player to look at a draw and picture himself in the final.

It means Trump is being a idiot. :lol:

Postby eraserhead

Cloud Strife wrote:

So am I, I thought he might be being a bit sarcastic that it's not the most exciting match up. :shrug:

Postby eraserhead

Barry's beaten top players in the big events particularly the crucible, but i'm not sure he can win this event I thought he could last year as Ronnie wasn't stunning throughout. He really went off the boil in his final against King.

Postby Andy Spark

Cloud Strife wrote:

It is a sarcastic reference to "saving" the match on video to watch later.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andy Spark wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

It is a sarcastic reference to "saving" the match on video to watch later.

Oh I see, I get it now. I thought it might have been something to do with betting as "a little saver" is a phrase used a lot in gambling circles.

Postby Andy Spark

Cloud Strife wrote:So he's basically taking the snake hiss out of Hawkins and Perry with that tweet. Good banter.

I think so, but l'm no expert on betting so I suppose there could be a betting interpretation to "a little saver", however, the smiley at the end and the rules about players betting on snooker make me doubt it.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Trump should rather talk about how Hawkins destroyed him in last years semi final after Trump even had the match of his life against Robertson the round before.

Absolutely TR.

He does talk a lot of bullocks... unbelievable he's only won 1 single bucking TC event, and that was way back in 2011!

Postby Cheshire Cat

Interestingly, many of Perry's wins came pre-2013, after which Hawkins really came into his stride. I fancy Barry for this one.

Trump can just sod off. He's quietly pleased that Perry knocked Ding out, that made his week.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Will Hawkins cry if he beats Perry? His other mate, did.

Last time his other mate met him he threw the cue ball in the air and smashed the pack from the break off shot :wave: