Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters S Final Ronnie O'Sullivan v Marco Fu

Postby Andre147

Fu has won 16 of his last 17 matches, only Ronnie stopped him at the UK Champs in a great encounter.

As I said in the other thread, Fu comes here on an 11 match winning streak, the same Ronnie had when he reached the Semis here in 2015 when Robbo denied him the Final.

It's Ronnie turn this time to stop Fu's match winning streak.

Postby TheSaviour

I am sober now. But.. rofl rofl (summer 2017).

Well, the UK-semi re-match. Not he biggest surprise in the world. But I have to admit I have missed some of little things. The big picture is okay, That´s what I used to get right. The big question is can either of these players, Ronnie O´Sullivan or Marco Fu, stop Mark Selby winning it all if Barry fails to stop him..?

Postby Dan-cat

I've got the worst hangover ever after my Leo Sayer yesterday, so excited by Ronnie's win we went to play drunken snooker (potted some great balls, we were inspired) and then I went to a mate's bar and we played killer pool. I took both pots of £40... I'm a bit skint at the moment due to stretching myself on some projects so it was very welcome indeed. I manifested that cash.

Postby Dan-cat

TheSaviour wrote:I am sober now. But.. rofl rofl (summer 2017).

Well, the UK-semi re-match. Not he biggest surprise in the world. But I have to admit I have missed some of little things. The big picture is okay, That´s what I used to get right. The big question is can either of these players, Ronnie O´Sullivan or Marco Fu, stop Mark Selby winning it all if Barry fails to stop him..?

Selby's gone... Just Fu in the way now, except... snooker rarely pans out that way.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:
TheSaviour wrote:I am sober now. But.. rofl rofl (summer 2017).

Selby's gone... Just Fu in the way now, except... snooker rarely pans out that way.

Imagine if Ronnie lost to Perry in the Final rofl

Postby Cloud Strife

Let's not build Fu up into something he's not. Yes, he's been playing solid lately, but if Ronnie raises his level a notch or two he should win fairly comfortably, IMO.

The way people are going on anyone would be forgiven for thinking Fu is a cross between peak Hendry, Davis and Higgins all rolled into one! rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:Let's not build Fu up into something he's not. Yes, he's been playing solid lately, but if Ronnie raises his level a notch or two he should win fairly comfortably, IMO.

The way people are going on anyone would be forgiven for thinking Fu is a cross between peak Hendry, Davis and Higgins all rolled into one! rofl

There's nothing wrong with giving Fu credit. He won the Scottish Open last month, and played well in beating Trump and Allen.

Postby Rockettim147

Cloud Strife wrote:Let's not build Fu up into something he's not. Yes, he's been playing solid lately, but if Ronnie raises his level a notch or two he should win fairly comfortably, IMO.

Very good post.

Postby Dan-cat

Lolz!

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

Difficult to give an opinion on the match this afternoon.

Fu is in the shape of his life while Ronnie plays on alternating current.

But I see well ronnie high his level of play today. And may be that Fu will start to drop little. It is well known that the forms of players vary rapidly.

Ronnie may be favorite because it's Ronnie. But I will put Marco slightly favored in relation to their respective forms. But there I am unable to see a winner

I will not bet on such a match.

In full blur.

Postby TheSaviour

SnookerFan wrote:

There's nothing wrong with giving Fu credit. He won the Scottish Open last month, and played well in beating Trump and Allen.

But surely he should try to be more straightforward.. He would soon have many new fans. Obviously he has it all, sometimes he is just too tentative. But his late results are so good that I don´t have a case to write this. But some of his shots selections are matter of fans are accusing him of trying to deny the common sense. <doh> <doh> They are funny and entertaining. Both. Some of Marco´s shot selections and the fans. Just thinking Marco should have more fans and a fan-base.

Don´t know. Perhaps some day people wouldn´t be afraid of new innovations. Let´s think about Barry Hawkins. He has contributed much and is in the semis without yet making a century. With some really great playing, I hate to say I was right. Because I am also quite often wrong, just giving it a more thought of what I should try to write or predict. But I did analyse right how Barry is so good these days and why it is just he who has a great chance to win this tournament. He keeps the cue ball out of the cushions really well. He has always a good position to cue. Don´t know. Those are just a sort of things you could think would be good to Marco also. Just a case of not be afraid of any new innovations. Meanwhile it is must to think Ronnie has a huge advantage here with a massive crowd support.. Not just because of where is from but also because he is a much more straightforward.

Postby Andre147

In my eyes Fu is given due credit. On current form he's ahead of Ronnie, ahead of everyone else for that matter, but The Masters is a diferent kettle of fish, Ronnie's own backyard, some players take time to adjust to that ind of situation.

Their last and only meeting here in 2015 ended with a confortable win for Ronnie, but today I think it'll prove a close affair just like their Semi at the UK.

Should be a great match, can't wait!