Post a reply

Neil Robertson.

Postby MED

Neil Robertson is now the new provisional Number 3 with only John Higgins and Ronnie O'Sullivan ahead of him. but is he in a false position as 3rd best player or with 4 Ranking Tournaments theres not much ahead of him ever with more than that so he is very much a player that is now reaching his potential and its up to the Likes of Mark Selby who has been touted as better than him to catch him up.

Re: Neil Robertson.

Postby Bourne

The reason Robertson is there is because of his consistency over the 'spurts' of good results from the likes of Carter, Selby and even Murphy (hideous BO9 record in the last year and a half).

Postby Wildey

Whatever anyone thinks the Rankings don't lie its the same for everyone nobody getting preferential treatment...

its easy to say theres only 6 Ranking tournaments but that means theres less chance to be succesfull and players feel the pressure to be succesfull because of limited chances well Robertson handled that pressure and won a Tournament when others flopped...his no 3 Ranking is well deserved.

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Neil Robertson won the Grand Prix, fair play. The best of 17's will test the man no doubt. Same as they'll test everyone else. I'd rather be in the winner's enclosure tho.

Postby Roland

Robbo has won 4 rankers now. I think this means he should have shut up the doubters of which I was one at one point.

He is a very good thinker around the table and he's got where he has by hard work and understanding the game. And ok with a bit of luck to help him but he did beat an on song John Higgins and you can only take your hat off to someone who can do that because Higgins was looking deadly and not many can stop him in that mood.

My personal opinion is that Selby and Murphy are the true numbers 3 and 4 in the world behind Higgins and O'Sullivan but if you want to argue the case for Robertson, it's pretty hard to disagree right now.

Postby Wildey

when i first saw Neil on the big stage playing Hendry in the WC he lost 10-7 but i knew then how dangerous a player he was and fearless but theres a massive step from being a dangerous player to being a champion and i doubt if he could move to the that level but suerly winning two ranking tournaments in one season should be proof of how good even great he could be.

when he won his two ranking tournaments in one season only Steve Davis,Dennis Taylor,Jimmy White,Stephen Hendry,Doug Mountjoy,John Parrott,John Higgins,Mark Williams,Ronnie O'Sullivan and Ken Doherty had ever managed that.

Postby Wildey

med was a great judge touting Robbo as reaching his potential in october 2009 and 6 months later he was World Champion <ok>

Postby Bourne

I liked med, posted some good stuff on here in the early days. Any idea where he is these days ?

Postby Roland

Nothing gets past you ;)