Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 :Neil Robertson v Allister Carte

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:What form will Robertson be in? Discuss.

Think he will want to put on a show after his recent loses, he has a chance to as Carter is one of the easier draws.

I wonder if anyone's going to complain about the table this week. :chin:

Postby Dan-cat

Definitely an interesting tie for sure, gonna enjoy this! Ali still fighting to get back into the top echelon of the game since his illness. Robbo performing like a donkey at the moment, but he could be back at anytime. Could this be the tournament to turn his fortunes around?

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:

Definitely an interesting tie for sure, gonna enjoy this! Ali still fighting to get back into the top echelon of the game since his illness. Robbo performing like a donkey at the moment, but he could be back at anytime. Could this be the tournament to turn his fortunes around?

I hope Robbo wins so we have a Robbo v Ronnie showdown.

But if he wins his good form will come to an end next round <ok>

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Notice how they start near on time when there's no BBC involvement.

BBC loves the cringeworthy stuff, they dont mind starting a session half an hour later like they've done at the UK Champs for instance.

Postby Andre147

I'll tell you what, a year ago if we've had a Robbo v Carter first round match here, if Ali beat him I would be very surprised.

a year has passed, and given Robbo's horrible form if Ali beats him I won't be surprised in the slighest.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Robbo in good form so far, punishing Ali's mistakes.

But so was Trump until 3-0 ahead... Robbo though usually takes advantage of big leads.

The winner of this match plays Ronnie.

If we want a routine win for ROS, we want Ali to win. If we want a better match on paper we want Robertson to win.

I say on paper, because with the form Robbo has been in, we cant's take anything for granted.

Ronnie will start favourite against either, in my opinion.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Robbo in good form so far, punishing Ali's mistakes.

But so was Trump until 3-0 ahead... Robbo though usually takes advantage of big leads.

The winner of this match plays Ronnie.

If we want a routine win for ROS, we want Ali to win. If we want a better match on paper we want Robertson to win.

I say on paper, because with the form Robbo has been in, we cant's take anything for granted.

Ronnie will start favourite against either, in my opinion.

Ali's Ronnie's bunny, always has been, always will be.

But remember Ron thrashed Robbo 6-0 last time they met. Robbo of course is way more likely to show more resistance.