Post a reply

Who do you WANT to win each match?

Postby SnookerFan

Who do you want to win each match?

I'm going to list each match, copy and paste them and bold the name you want to win each one. You can also give reasons why. I'm not asking for predictions, I'm asking who you want to win.

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Liang Wenbo Not a big fan of Liang particularly, but not a fan of Ronnie either. As most of the crowd will be Ronnietards, and pretty much everybody on the BBC is a massive Ronnie fanboy, it'd kind of be funny if he loses.
Neil Robertson v Allister Carter No real reason. It's just about time Robertson did something.
Judd Trump v Marco Fu I like Marco Fu, and think Trump is a idiot.
John Higgins v Mark Allen I know I'll get slaughtered by some for wanting Higgins to win. But you must confess Allen is a massive bellend.
Stuart Bingham v Joe Perry Quite like both, so don't really mind. But I slightly prefer Bingham. Also, can see him doing better in the latter stages than Perry.
Ding Junhui v Kyren Wilson I like Ding, and he's struggled the last couple of tournaments.
Shaun Murphy v Barry Hawkins I quite like Hawkins, but at the same time I don't want him to get to the final again. I want both finalists to win at least two frames. Also, I like watching Murphy play, even if I have to turn the telly off before he gets into the studio and opens his gob.
Mark Selby v Mark J Williams I like Mark Williams, and want to see him do well. But saying that, if Ronnie gets to the final, I'd prefer his opponent be Selby. So I'll bold Williams, unless Ronnie gets to the final...

Re: Who do you WANT to win each match?

Postby PoolBoy

SnookerFan wrote:Who do you want to win each match?

I'm going to list each match, copy and paste them and bold the name you want to win each one. You can also give reasons why. I'm not asking for predictions, I'm asking who you want to win.

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Liang Wenbo Not a big fan of Liang particularly, but not a fan of Ronnie either. As most of the crowd will be Ronnietards, and pretty much everybody on the BBC is a massive Ronnie fanboy, it'd kind of be funny if he loses.
Neil Robertson v Allister Carter No real reason. It's just about time Robertson did something.
Judd Trump v Marco Fu I like Marco Fu, and think Trump is a idiot.
John Higgins v Mark Allen I know I'll get slaughtered by some for wanting Higgins to win. But you must confess Allen is a massive bellend.
Stuart Bingham v Joe Perry Quite like both, so don't really mind. But I slightly prefer Bingham. Also, can see him doing better in the latter stages than Perry.
Ding Junhui v Kyren Wilson I like Ding, and he's struggled the last couple of tournaments.
Shaun Murphy v Barry Hawkins I quite like Hawkins, but at the same time I don't want him to get to the final again. I want both finalists to win at least two frames. Also, I like watching Murphy play, even if I have to turn the telly off before he gets into the studio and opens his gob.
Mark Selby v Mark J Williams I like Mark Williams, and want to see him do well. But saying that, if Ronnie gets to the final, I'd prefer his opponent be Selby. So I'll bold Williams, unless Ronnie gets to the final...

Agree with all of them, except Selby v Williams, where I'd prefer a Selby win!

Postby davisfan

Looking down the list I realise that a lot of my want-to-wins are by default, i.e. disliking one guy less than the other guy. That's a sad statement on the ability/style/charisma of the leading players. And not that I'm just a miserable git.

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Liang Wenbo Liang was amusing for five minutes. Now he's just annoying.
Neil Robertson v Allister Carter Because he reminds me of a chipmunk. Also because Robertson has all the style and charisma(TM) of a soft digestive biscuit.
Judd Trump v Marco Fu Because he's marginally less annoying than the overrated, believes-his-own-hype jackass he's playing.
John Higgins v Mark Allen Because ditto.
Stuart Bingham v Joe Perry Couldn't care less. Two nobodies.
Ding Junhui v Kyren Wilson Kyren!
Shaun Murphy v Barry Hawkins Couldn't care less.
Mark Selby v Mark J Williams Couldn't care less.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie v Liang Ronnie obviously, and hunting for a record 7th Masters title!
Robbo v Carter Like SF says, about time Robbo started to play well, and a Robbo v Ronnie match next round would be dream, plus Ronnie would want revenge from his 6-1 troucing in 2015.
Trump v Fu Never liked Trump, and Fu is one of the nicest lads you can meet, I've spoken with him too. I'm not like Dt who says this about 99% of the Tour, Fu is really a nice lad.
Higgins v Allen His off table antics are one thing, but on the table I really like his style of play.
Bingo v Perry Again like SF, Bingo os more likely to give stronger performances in the following rounds.
Ding v Kyren It's way about time Ding actually won a match at The Masters since winning this in 2011. Nobody in that year could believe by 2017 Ding still hasn't won a match there.
Murphy v Hawkins Always liked Barry, plus the more Murphy gets into the tournament, the more we'll hear about kicks... :zzz:
MJW v Selby MJW is my 2nd favurite when playing at the top of his game, sadly that's gone. The only way he could win this match is if he somehow played like at the 2014 IC, that was the last time I saw MJW capable of mixing it with these very best players.

Postby sundaygirl

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Liang Wenbo
For the sake of the tournament.
Neil Robertson v Allister Carter
Lives in Cambridge, my local player.
Judd Trump v Marco Fu
Neither.
John Higgins v Mark Allen
Like Higgins plus Allen is a bit of a tit.
Stuart Bingham v Joe Perry
Either.
Ding Junhui v Kyren Wilson
Both. High hopes for this one hoping it's a cracking start to proceedings.
Shaun Murphy v Barry Hawkins
Anyone but Murphy.
Mark Selby v Mark J Williams
Love a bit of Mark J, Glad to see S/Fan and myself are in agreement on this one :-D

Postby TheSaviour

You must be out of your mind then.

The better player on the day wins. That always suits very well to me. I don´t know, I hasn´t always been like this. I am just struggling a bit with my stamina. Other people are just doing a much better than me. That´s why I am these days always looking for something new. Better player on the day winning gives a possibility to find something new instead of if just being a fan of some particular players or a player. What I am particularly looking is if a player´s safety / tactical is a top notch (which is a far cry) then he or she certainly deserves to win. Even if it wouldn´t be a usual norm. But there are a huge advantages having a top notch tactical game. That is more German than the Germans. So I am not happy or satisfied at all now before the matches having been played and people arguing they would having a correct predictions.... Even a one mistake usually is too much if fancing to make some money with those predictions. So it better just to wait that the better player on the day wins. If must do something then just must. Otherwise no predictions or being a fan-boy or a girl.

Postby SnookerFan

davisfan wrote:Looking down the list I realise that a lot of my want-to-wins are by default, i.e. disliking one guy less than the other guy. That's a sad statement on the ability/style/charisma of the leading players. And not that I'm just a miserable git.

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Liang Wenbo Liang was amusing for five minutes. Now he's just annoying.
Neil Robertson v Allister Carter Because he reminds me of a chipmunk. Also because Robertson has all the style and charisma(TM) of a soft digestive biscuit.
Judd Trump v Marco Fu Because he's marginally less annoying than the overrated, believes-his-own-hype jackass he's playing.
John Higgins v Mark Allen Because ditto.
Stuart Bingham v Joe Perry Couldn't care less. Two nobodies.
Ding Junhui v Kyren Wilson Kyren!
Shaun Murphy v Barry Hawkins Couldn't care less.
Mark Selby v Mark J Williams Couldn't care less.

I find it interesting that you believe that Neil Robertson has less charisma than Ali Carter.

I'm sure Ali Carter is a nice guy, and I respect how he's fought his way through so many different illnesses. But you couldn't see Ali's charisma if you were looking through a microscope.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
TheSaviour wrote:You must be out of your mind then.

Hello Pot.

I have a kettle you may wish to call black.

Don't be a clown.

Come on then.

Postby Dan-cat

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Liang Wenbo - tree
Neil Robertson v Allister Carter - burger flipper
Judd Trump v Marco Fu - burger seller
John Higgins v Mark Allen - because I like HF
Stuart Bingham v Joe Perry - has brilliant spells
Ding Junhui v Kyren Wilson - burger eater
Shaun Murphy v Barry Hawkins - fatty vs beanpole
Mark Selby v Mark J Williams - the hipster's choice

Postby SnookerEd25

TheSaviour wrote:You must be out of your mind then.

The better player on the day wins. That always suits very well to me. I don´t know, I hasn´t always been like this. I am just struggling a bit with my stamina. Other people are just doing a much better than me. That´s why I am these days always looking for something new. Better player on the day winning gives a possibility to find something new instead of if just being a fan of some particular players or a player. What I am particularly looking is if a player´s safety / tactical is a top notch (which is a far cry) then he or she certainly deserves to win. Even if it wouldn´t be a usual norm. But there are a huge advantages having a top notch tactical game. That is more German than the Germans. So I am not happy or satisfied at all now before the matches having been played and people arguing they would having a correct predictions.... Even a one mistake usually is too much if fancing to make some money with those predictions. So it better just to wait that the better player on the day wins. If must do something then just must. Otherwise no predictions or being a fan-boy or a girl.

So what you're saying is, if i'm reading between the lines correctly : it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog? :shrug:

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:He's clearly saying that tactical play is more German than the Germans.

What's the confusion?

The pressure on the Saviour to continually create these revelatory posts must be immense.

p.s. This morning I had a raisin pastry that was more Danish than a Dane.