Post a reply

Shoot Out adds microphones to players

Postby SnookerFan

February’s Coral Shoot Out will see snooker players wearing microphones while at the table for the first time.

The tournament runs from February 23 to 26 at the Watford Colosseum and it’s a one frame knock out event featuring 128 of the world’s top players.

All four days will be televised live by ITV4 and the players will wear mics on their waistcoat lapels. This is an innovation which has worked well in other sports such as golf and cricket as it helps give extra insight to the TV audience.

This season the Shoot Out will be a world ranking event for the first time which means that every pound earned will count towards the players’ ranking tally.

The action is thrilling and fast-paced as each match features a shot clock of 15 seconds for the first five minutes and ten seconds for the next five, with matches lasting a maximum of ten minutes.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/players-to- ... shoot-out/

Re: Shoot Out adds microphones to players

Postby eraserhead

Has it always been four days? I could have sworn it was just two.

The only thing I can see this adding is swears.

Postby davisfan

Still too safe and unambitious a stupid tacky gimmick. I want DT & WT swooping over the table as high wire acrobats, stealing balls. I want dancing girls in feathers putting the players off throughout with suggestive gyrations. I want ELEPHANTS, DAMMIT

Postby SnookerFan

davisfan wrote:Still too safe and unambitious a stupid tacky gimmick. I want DT & WT swooping over the table as high wire acrobats, stealing balls. I want dancing girls in feathers putting the players off throughout with suggestive gyrations. I want ELEPHANTS, DAMMIT

:|

Postby Dan-cat

davisfan wrote:Still too safe and unambitious a stupid tacky gimmick. I want DT & WT swooping over the table as high wire acrobats, stealing balls. I want dancing girls in feathers putting the players off throughout with suggestive gyrations. I want ELEPHANTS, DAMMIT

You want elephants in the room?

Postby Muppet147

Dan-cat wrote:

You want elephants in the room?

Bring back Stephen Lee. :gag:

Postby TheSaviour

That´s more like it. I have wrote this already many times before but the only way snooker has any or the future is to make the game looking as unnatractive as possible. Only that way the right type of people will be interested about the game. There´s nothing racistic about that, it is just that otherwise there will be all sorts of people knocking the door. Snooker has some roots and traditions, and the current top players are well suited into it. There´s absolutely no point to destroy the game. Destroying the roots is destroying the game. I have seen some really naturally talented players fluking pots and a cue ball positionings spot on quite consistently. That´s scary as h... They are just fluking it right. Without any consciousness about the lines or the cannons, or the BREAK-BUILDING PATTERNS. It could be just a matter of time before they could conquer the whole game. That wouldn´t be any good because they don´t the passion to play snooker. They have a passion to do some other things. Now that would be a complete catastrophe to be quite honest.

Now a very well done Mark Davis yesterday knocking in a " very boring" 147. Only the people who are supposed to be interested about it are interested about it. That´s a very nice spin putted in there. Now that already was a beyond the joke (or was it??)..

Postby Dan-cat

TheSaviour wrote:That´s more like it. I have wrote this already many times before but the only way snooker has any or the future is to make the game looking as unnatractive as possible. Only that way the right type of people will be interested about the game. There´s nothing racistic about that, it is just that otherwise there will be all sorts of people knocking the door. Snooker has some roots and traditions, and the current top players are well suited into it. There´s absolutely no point to destroy the game. Destroying the roots is destroying the game. I have seen some really naturally talented players fluking pots and a cue ball positionings spot on quite consistently. That´s scary as h... They are just fluking it right. Without any consciousness about the lines or the cannons, or the BREAK-BUILDING PATTERNS. It could be just a matter of time before they could conquer the whole game. That wouldn´t be any good because they don´t the passion to play snooker. They have a passion to do some other things. Now that would be a complete catastrophe to be quite honest.

Now a very well done Mark Davis yesterday knocking in a " very boring" 147. Only the people who are supposed to be interested about it are interested about it. That´s a very nice spin putted in there. Now that already was a beyond the joke (or was it??)..

The saviour: Snooker Island's peaceful troll