Post a reply

Re: Coral Scottish Open Last 64 !!!!!!

Postby davisfan

PoolBoy wrote:What,s happened to the SCOTTTTTTs.

They haven,t eaten the Porridge in bonnie Scotland......

lolz.

Don't understand the relevance of nationality to snooker, I have to say. It's an individual sport. I couldn't care less if Ronners was from Zanzibar and K-Wils was from Mars.

Postby davisfan

The hand of Uncle Bazza, perhaps? The boards in the Hearn-controlled PDC darts have (allegedly) oversized scoring segments. Moar scoring = better spectacle!!! is presumably the thinking.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Robbo enjoys his hissy fits, doesn't he? He's so similar to Mark Allen, always throwing his arms around to make excuses for poor shots.

Postby Andre147

Cheshire Cat wrote:Robbo enjoys his hissy fits, doesn't he? He's so similar to Mark Allen, always throwing his arms around to make excuses for poor shots.

Yes he does it a lot, when he should know most of them are down to him.

Postby snucar

SnookerFan wrote:
snucar wrote:Just finished reading Mark Allen :wkr: 's BS on twitter. I think I need to lie down for a minute. :dizzy:

What's he on about now?

I wouldn't know where to begin, but let's say the best part was that prime Steve Davis wouldn't even make top 64 today.

Postby SnookerFan

I had a quick look. He was moaning on about 9-ball pool, the flat 128 system and was having an argument with some Twitter idiots about something I couldn't be fussed to read about.

I don't know why I bothered. Mark Allen is a idiot. Of the highest order.

Postby snucar

SnookerFan wrote:I don't know why I bothered.

Because you do enjoy some TWITTER ATTACK every now and then, like me.

SnookerFan wrote:Mark Allen is a idiot. Of the highest order.

Confirmed.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie's opponent today, Adam Stefanow, Ronnie's his idol, as for many many other snooker players. even Selby idolised Ronnie when he was growing up.

Should be an easy match today for him, Adam will no doubt acuse the pressure of being on TV and playing the legend Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Postby SnookerEd25

He's an Amateur so absolutely no pressure; nobody expects him to win so much as a frame so he can relax, play his game, and hopefully show us he can play a bit...

Postby davisfan

Bleh. I had to go there. Now I wish I could have the time back.

Mark Allen is just like Alex Higgins... without the talent, intelligence or charisma, and with extra fat.

Postby Andre147

SnookerEd25 wrote:He's an Amateur so absolutely no pressure; nobody expects him to win so much as a frame so he can relax, play his game, and hopefully show us he can play a bit...

Yes I hope so too. I've seen him play in the amateur circuit and he obviously has talent, would be nice if he can show some of that this evening.

Postby OoNebsoO

On one hand, interesting to see new face, and one from Poland, on TV. On other hand, all three other matches at the same time would be more worthy of TV slot.

I take it all back if Adam knocks Ronnie out.

Postby davisfan

The White-Day match would make for much more interesting viewing than the Ron-Stefanow one.

I think we're witnessing a slight upturn in fortunes for Mr Wind (not that things could have been much worse for the last couple of years). An Indian summer, even. Maybe it's the weight loss. Or maybe the weight loss is indicative of a renewed work ethic/focus.

Postby Andre147

davisfan wrote:The White-Day match would make for much more interesting viewing than the Ron-Stefanow one.

I think we're witnessing a slight upturn in fortunes for Mr Wind (not that things could have been much worse for the last couple of years). An Indian summer, even. Maybe it's the weight loss. Or maybe the weight loss is indicative of a renewed work ethic/focus.

I agree.

Day v White is the other TV table, not the main one but you can watch that on ES Player or later on YT.

Postby Andre147

Adam' safety play is quite good, unfortunately missing far too many easy ones for him to win a frame..

Postby eraserhead

Wakelin sees off Carter, Jimmy 3-0 up.

Edit: Masterful break from Ronnie to go 3-0.
Last edited by eraserhead on 14 Dec 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Since losing to Ronnie, Jimmy has won 3 matches v Yuelong, David John and most importantly Joe Perry. Just 1 frame away from another Ronnie showdown.

Not counting the match he lost v Day at the UK.