Post a reply

Coral Scottish Open Last 64 !!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 12th ~ Sunday 18th of December at the Emirates Arena, Glasgow

Last 64 with Most top players made it through from the previous round with no 1 seed 2015 World Champion Stuart Bingham and Belgium's Luca Brecel the biggest casualties.

Amateur Adam Stefanow made it through with a 4-3 win over James Cahill and next plays 5 times Champion of the World Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Who will reach the last 32?

DRAW

Selected Last 64 Matches

Matthew Stevens v Barry Hawkins
Neil Robertson v Gary Wilson
Robin Hull v Michael White
Fergal O'Brien v Stephen Maguire
Michael Holt v Mark J Williams
Mark Davis v Graeme Dott
Xiao Guodong v Shaun Murphy
Judd Trump v Igor Figueiredo
Kyren Wilson v Ben Woollaston
Chris Wakelin v Allister Carter
Hossein Vafaei Ayouri v Joe Perry
Mark Allen v Fang Xiongman
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Adam Stefanow
Ryan Day v Jimmy White
Dominic Dale v Duane Jones
Scott Donaldson v John Higgins

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Coral Scottish Open Last 64 !!!!!!

Postby TheSaviour

AAYYEE ! :cracker: :cracker:

The Whirlwind gathering pace.

That was quite amazing yesterday, He started immediately with a flawless 133. He still has all the world talent and abilities to make some deep runs. All he need to do is to keep it SMART. Sporting some battling scars? Yes, but we all are. And I can see Jimmy only having an advantage. Certainly he isn´t doing any bottling jobs. In Jimmy´s case it is just a much more not to get too excited and not wanting to show too much what he can and what he can´t do. Jimmy is on the mood once again. Standards are just sky-high these days, but I still certainly see Jimmy having an advantage. When reading about some so called choking-stories or disrespecting the situation I can only ask that what the h... was he doing there in the first place then if not being up for the job???? <doh> <doh> <doh> A waning Swiss citizen. Things, a lots of things, just happens when times goes by. But certainly all the players here are taking it with respect and enjoying the pressure situations and the sheer physical challenge of it. To enjoying, not to disrespecting it when not getting the results. Certainly they all have been doing that for some time already now.

"Flying Finn" Robin Hull is an another player who is continuing his recent all-mighty form and impressive century-scoring. There isn´t that much anything flying considering his playing rhytm, more like similar to Jimmy´s slow to medium playing rhytm, but he has again made it working.

Postby PoolBoy

Jimmy will do well to beat Ryan Day - particularly as he's got a dreadful H2H record against him!
In all competitions, they've played 29 frames, with Jimmy winning just 4!

But, I'd love it if he overcame the odds and set-up another meeting with O'Sullivan...

Postby sundaygirl

Put on Eurosport Player hoping to see Matthew Stevens vs Hawkins. Not there?! Who picks these things.
Good news is I've just seen Ricky win the first frame but him playing Alex Borg should be a routine win not a match.

Postby Cheshire Cat

PoolBoy wrote:Jimmy will do well to beat Ryan Day - particularly as he's got a dreadful H2H record against him!
In all competitions, they've played 29 frames, with Jimmy winning just 4!

But, I'd love it if he overcame the odds and set-up another meeting with O'Sullivan...

I had a dream last night that Ryan Day lost to someone, but I can't remember who. I just remember Ryan Day, because his snooker mugshot gives him a very memorable face. <laugh>

Postby SnookerEd25

TheSaviour wrote:AAYYEE ! :cracker: :cracker:

The Whirlwind gathering pace.

That was quite amazing yesterday, He started immediately with a flawless 133. He still has all the world talent and abilities to make some deep runs.

Not quite flawless, would have been 140 but he jawed the straightforward final black off it's spot. That said, I watched the match on YouTube last night, and he did play as well as i've seen him for some time; David John didn't really put up much of a fight, but Jimmy capitalised on his mistakes and scored heavily. If you do that, it doesn't really matter who the opponent is and playing like that, i'd give him a puncher's chance (to use the Boxing vernacular) against Ryan Day. Trouble is, he's at the age where although he's more than capable of replicating that form, he can easily come out the next day and struggle to pot a ball. We saw it in qualifying for the WC IN 2015; played really well in the first session to lead Matthew Selt 6-2, but later that day when they resumed, looked a totally different player, and struggled to get anything going, succumbing 8-10.

Having said all that, i'm definitely flying the flag for the old boy - and another Ronnie showdown awaits :evilgrin:
Last edited by SnookerEd25 on 14 Dec 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerEd25

sundaygirl wrote:Put on Eurosport Player hoping to see Matthew Stevens vs Hawkins. Not there?! Who picks these things.
Good news is I've just seen Ricky win the first frame but him playing Alex Borg should be a routine win not a match.

I see Ricky edged it 4-3. How was the match?

Postby sundaygirl

@snookered25
Not pretty Borg gave him many chances, which was fortunate because he needed them. Century from Ricky in frame 4 was the only notable break, but instead of pushing on from there his lost the next two. Still fancied him in the decider though because even in the frames he won Borg missed frame ball at first attempt.

Postby LC

Tables playing like 9 ball tables now, not just going in off the jaws repeatedly, but hitting the cushion miles away from pocket and going in!

Postby PoolBoy

A good win for Mitchell Mann against Anthony McGill. Mann's been finding-his-feet recently with some good results - but, Ants - I really thought he'd perform well this week. in his home tournament.
Indeed, it's not been a good tournament for the Scottish players - day 2 and only 3 are left - with another sure to be eliminated later when Higgins plays Donaldson!

hendy_fan will be along later to bemoan the fact!

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo!!!!!!"!!!! :dizzy: :dizzy: <doh> <doh> <doh>

Been VERRRRRYYYY busy today and have just seen the results
:-( :-( :sad: :hankey:

What,s happened to the SCOTTTTTTs.

They haven,t eaten the Porridge in bonnie Scotland......

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:The evergreen Robin Hull comfortably despatches Michael White 4-1

What has happened to Whitey this season...? Showed so much promise a couple of seasons ago.

He's one of the players I will never put money on or against*, because you never know which Michael White is going to turn up. Really struggles for any kind of consistency. I also think he is carrying a wee bit too much weight. Fitness is more important than people think in Snooker.

(*at the moment; I actually did win a good few quid on him in the Indian Open last year!)

Postby PoolBoy

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:The evergreen Robin Hull comfortably despatches Michael White 4-1

What has happened to Whitey this season...? Showed so much promise a couple of seasons ago.

Did you enjoy Edinburgh, Dan?
It's a lovely city. I'm attending a wedding there in March - can't wait! :-D

Postby eraserhead

TWITTER ATTACK!!

Ronnie O'Sullivan ‏@ronnieo147
Neil robertson has the perfect fingers to play good snooker

<laugh> :limp2:

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:Just rewound and that red was shocking at least the commentators called it out.

Which frame was it?

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Just rewound and that red was shocking at least the commentators called it out.

Which frame was it?

Frame three second last red

Postby Cheshire Cat

The table is an absolute joke, from what I've watched today. Not even a pool table would accept some of these shots.

Disgraceful really, makes the game look really easy.

Postby Dan-cat

Cheshire Cat wrote:The table is an absolute joke, from what I've watched today. Not even a pool table would accept some of these shots.

Disgraceful really, makes the game look really easy.

How can they vary so wildly??? They were proper in the UK. Why oh why oh why...

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Which frame was it?

Frame three second last red

Sheers bud <ok>

Just seen it, never near from the start <doh>

Postby Andre147

Wilson beat Robbo 4-2 at the 2015 Welsh Open, in that match Robbo even gifted him a frame after 3 consecutive misses.

Doubt Wilson will beat him today, missing too many easy ones.

Postby TheRocket

Wilson had enough chances in the first four frames. In the end or in these last two frames to be more precise Robertson closed it out in a good fashion.