Post a reply

Re: Coral Scottish Open Last 128 !!!!

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:82 break from Selt. 2.1

Has Ronnie declined since the last frame? :chin:

yes he has, at least bad decline in this match.

2-2 now.

Postby PoolBoy

Andre147 wrote:What's the prize for a 147 here? it's not too high I reckon is it?

Probably not high enough for Ron to try or make one.

I think it's probably the very minimum - not sure if that's £5,000 or £10,000.
Don't know whether the two-maxis in 5 minutes the other day counts, as it was technically in qualifying, but regardless, Mark Allen made a 147 in the most recent ranker, the UK.
So, I assume the prize fund has been reset. I'm thinking it's probably just £5,000. (plus £2 for highest break!)

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:that was a really bad miss from Ronnie

At the English Open he also had the match under cmplete control against Wakelin. 2-0 up, allowed Wakelin to lead 3-2 and in the end win the match 4-3.

Postby Andre147

PoolBoy wrote:
Andre147 wrote:What's the prize for a 147 here? it's not too high I reckon is it?

Probably not high enough for Ron to try or make one.

I think it's probably the very minimum - not sure if that's £5,000 or £10,000.
Don't know whether the two-maxis in 5 minutes the other day counts, as it was technically in qualifying, but regardless, Mark Allen made a 147 in the most recent ranker, the UK.
So, I assume the prize fund has been reset. I'm thinking it's probably just £5,000. (plus £2 for highest break!)

You're right. Sheers <ok> You're probably some sort of Skullman now since he's not here anymore, sadly.

Postby SnookerEd25

PoolBoy wrote:Don't know whether the two-maxis in 5 minutes the other day counts, as it was technically in qualifying

Yes, and qualifying for the German Open, not the Scottish...

Postby SnookerFan

PoolBoy wrote:I think it's probably the very minimum - not sure if that's £5,000 or £10,000.

Pffft. Minuscule amount. I've used more banknotes than that wiping my bottom. <ok>

Postby Andre147

Ronnie's long potting has been excelent, unfortunately the ocasional sitter is still being missed. Something he has to cut from his game against the likes of his last 3 opponents in Finals.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:Ronnie's long potting has been excelent, unfortunately the ocasional sitter is still being missed. Something he has to cut from his game against the likes of his last 3 opponents in Finals.

Still dont know whether thats an age thing or just lack of match sharpness. But given how much he has already played this season I cant really say its the latter one.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Ronnie's long potting has been excelent, unfortunately the ocasional sitter is still being missed. Something he has to cut from his game against the likes of his last 3 opponents in Finals.

Still dont know whether thats an age thing or just lack of match sharpness. But given how much he has already played this season I cant really say its the latter one.

Age thing no doubt. Ronnie's decline is slow, but a steady decline nonetheless, a decline that means he's still capable of winning titles, unlike other players that when they start the decline, their game goes away.

Postby Andre147

Can't say Ron has really played bad since 2-0, it's just Selt raised his game. Ron only missed that sitter of a black in frame 4.

Postby Wildey

Vallomas wrote:Chris Wakelin was on a maximum attempt, but it seems that he missed it at 96. He leads Nigel Bond 3-0, though.

Wakelin on the verge of the top 64 prior to Q School 2013 when he qualified for the tour he had only played in 1 PTC

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Age thing no doubt. Ronnie's decline is slow, but a steady decline nonetheless, a decline that means he's still capable of winning titles, unlike other players that when they start the decline, their game goes away.

nobody can go on for ever

Postby Andre147

In recent tournaments everytime a ref respots the pink behind the reds Ronnie sits down waiting, lol...

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

nobody can go on for ever

Quite right, but Ronnie can go on better than most.

Postby TheRocket

You have the feeling John Higgins just doesn't fit there. As a pundit. Don't know if it's the scottish accent but he's looking too shy and like he feels unfomfortable out there.

Postby Andre147

kolompar wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I have a photo with him in Lisbon.

You have to post it now you've said it.

You have to trust my word on it. :wave: