Post a reply

Should Smurphy shut up and work on his own game?

Postby Pink Ball

Shaun Murphy isn't shy of offering opinions. Be it Question Time, interdenominational faith meetings, UN addresses, or mid session features on Mark Allen, you can always rely on the future BBC pundit to chip in.

Watching him today, you'd be mistaken for thinking he competed excellently in the tactical exchanges. Any proper important exchange, Selby bossed....bar one, but Murphy then failed to punish Selby with a relatively easy opportunity.

Also, his shot selection was hilarious, and could have been mistaken for a tribute to the brilliant Andrew Sachs.

Should Smurphy, occasionally brilliant but with no B-Game, finally stop giving his opinion and train himself to be the great player he always could have been?

Re: Should Smurphy shut up and work on his own game?

Postby eraserhead

All I know is this is a thunderous kick.

He's said he tried to work on the tactical side, It didn't work. So now he either pots to victory or loses he had chances today but his break building and potting were not up to scratch. A good tactical game requires creativity I'm not sure Murphy has that side to him he likes to go on about technical things like ball polish and chemical reaction between the balls. Seems very single minded.

I've always liked the way Ronnie reacts to bad contacts, blames it on cueing and gets on with it rarely get's the cueball cleaned. At least with that mentality you have some semblance of control. That it's down to you rather than outside forces.
Last edited by eraserhead on 03 Dec 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Murphy is a idiot, in my opinion.

No issue is too irrelevant for him to have strong opinions on. He loves BBC pundit work, so he can diss other players as a job.

Why the BBC use him as a pundit is beyond me. Do they think fans have passion for endless kick debate? Or did he just turn up and beg his way in?

Maybe that's something he should give an opinion on.

Postby Cheshire Cat

SnookerFan wrote:Murphy is a idiot, in my opinion.

No issue is too irrelevant for him to have strong opinions on. He loves BBC pundit work, so he can diss other players as a job.

Why the BBC use him as a pundit is beyond me. Do they think fans have passion for endless kick debate? Or did he just turn up and beg his way in?

Maybe that's something he should give an opinion on.

:goodpost:

Everything he says sounds like it's been written and rehearsed in front of a mirror, which is what miffs me.

I don't agree with some of the stuff players come out with and say, but at least they're speaking from the heart. Murphy just says whatever sounds the most politically correct, and I struggle to respect a man like that.

Postby TheSaviour

Shaun comes out with some hilarious comments. Hopefully he keeps up coming with those. I am certainly one to always crying for more those. Nothing like the British humour. I agree that he should try to get back with his game where he once was. Or at least it would make things more simple. If that´s a good or bad, I don´t know. Mark Selby can get away doing the same the mistakes than Shaun because currently statistics-wise he is so superior player. Which is the same thing as he is the best player. Without a flaw. Reanne Evans could disagree with that but we will have to wait for a while until she or some other player from the ladies tour can proof something. Proofing something requires intelligence. An intelligence and talking the truth are the same thing. There´s no way around it.

I see France as the only sporting superpower. Only France products some athletes. Who saves the day when things starts to look very dull. And hopeless. I wrote that because Shaun and lot´s of other players also are talking some.

A dog adoption.

All the Ronnie-fans should read my profile and its history once again. Favourite player? Mark King. I just have a healthy respect towards Ronnie, as I have already long ago pin-pointed the danger the posses. Hopefully he posses some opportunitys also, and I am sure he does. He is a batler and let´s just hope that somewhere over the future he gets things sorted. But as last night I saw a dream; you really need to press the situation. Otherwise you are never going to get any results. Just put some pressure into it.

An alcohol = doping. There´s you secret weapon and an answer. But hopefully Ronnie can stop the fluking and really get things sorted. Otherwise this just an other huge body-blow towards the great game.
Last edited by TheSaviour on 05 Dec 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheSaviour

Iranu wrote:I don't care whether he works on his game, but the first suggestion, certainly.

Generally with these issues, if there´s a learning curve it would a much more sensible and beneficial to make it more visible. I see Shaun is making a good job regarding this issue. So I can´t criticise him at all. Generally with many people, I am sure there is a learning curve, must be, but it would make much sense to make it more visible. It wouldn´t much reduce that magical-element. People keep up talking that the competition is tightening up and that there wouldn´t be anything too easy anymore. Might be so but nowadays people are first in then out. Hot and cold, it is just a matter of a day. If it would be a more solid it would be easier to get used to it and just get on with it. Whatever it ever would be then.

No-one is trapping you. It is just basic calculation things. And to not getting carried away, to not letting your emotions get the best of you.. For a Christ sake. Working on your game. So I am not so sure that the drama is what the fans really wan´t to see.. Sublime and flair is what they prefer to see. Someone like Steve Davis had basically impossible to get rid of being called "The Romford Robot". rofl rofl rofl rofl But that´s more down to the that hard, good and solid workout he inputted. Other Steve´s nickname were for example "the Ginger Magician", "Interesting", "the Nugget", and "Dab Dab". rofl rofl Funny old game, isn´t it.

So, there are a numerous ways to improve your game. But making a learning curve more visible helps with many ways. It helps for example to control you emotions better. Which is vital if it is a game of snooker (or a 9ball) what we are talking about.