Bourne wrote:He won't be thrashing anyone on grass :redneck:

Nope he just wins on grass, the thrashing are for clay :dance:

Re: Post Crucible Depression!

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:He won't be thrashing anyone on grass :redneck:

Nope he just wins on grass, the thrashing are for clay :dance:

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

My understanding of Tennis is that it is the most physically demanding of all the Sports there is to play. Therefore it does deserve some form of respect I would have thought.

Postby Bourne

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:My understanding of Tennis is that it is the most physically demanding of all the Sports there is to play. Therefore it does deserve some form of respect I would have thought.

I believe it's only rivalled by swimming !

Postby SnookerFan

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:My understanding of Tennis is that it is the most physically demanding of all the Sports there is to play. Therefore it does deserve some form of respect I would have thought.

I don't deny the skill or fitness needed to play it. I just can stand watching it. It's not that I disrespect the participants, they do things I never could. But I would find myelf nodding off if I watched it.

It requires skills I'll never have to do brain surgery on somebody, but I wouldn't make it a spectator sport.

SnookerFan wrote:

I don't deny the skill or fitness needed to play it. I just can stand watching it. It's not that I disrespect the participants, they do things I never could. But I would find myelf nodding off if I watched it.

It requires skills I'll never have to do brain surgery on somebody, but I wouldn't make it a spectator sport.

You probaby need to get a better understanding of what Sport actually is then.

Postby SnookerFan

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

You probaby need to get a better understanding of what Sport actually is then.

Why? Because I don't like watching tennis? All I said was I'd never got into it. Whys it such a big deal? Each to their own.

SnookerFan wrote:Why? Because I don't like watching tennis? All I said was I'd never got into it. Whys it such a big deal? Each to their own.

It was in reference to your analogy of Brain Surgery & spectator sports in the same sentence.

Postby GJ

by the way is the world open going to be counted as a proper ranking event like the grand prix was ?

Postby Cheesyman99

Well we still have the Hearn presentation tommorrow, the final PIOS event, a number of Amatuer tour-promotion deciding events, the Higgins issue, new events hopefully annnounced. It'll be a good summer methinks.

Anyway, Giro D'Italia and Tour de France in the Cycling world, along with County Cricket and the World Cup will do me fine.

Postby Cheesyman99

GJtheaussiestud wrote:by the way is the world open going to be counted as a proper ranking event like the grand prix was ?

yes

and I am going to win

Postby GJ

Cheesyman99 wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:by the way is the world open going to be counted as a proper ranking event like the grand prix was ?

yes

and I am going to win

yes and holty will be 2011 WC

<laugh>

Tune into the Steve Davis v Dennis Taylor show being repeated @7pm this evening on BBC2 & see me. That'll add to your depression. :)

Postby Wildey

nice change of subject lol

i think it will however having less frames to win it i think it should be downgraded from the level it was.

i saw you john god you speak quick i had to rewind and listen what you said again lol

wildJONESEYE wrote:i saw you john god you speak quick i had to rewind and listen what you said again lol

Your on the money there wild. My wife said to me straight after "See how quick you talk now?" & I'll say the same to you as I said to that lovely Lady. "Learn to listen quicker". Not really, I just said "I know" :shy:
It's us cockney's mate. We should have been all racing commentators. We'd be naturals.

Postby Wildey

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:i saw you john god you speak quick i had to rewind and listen what you said again lol

Your on the money there wild. My wife said to me straight after "See how quick you talk now?" & I'll say the same to you as I said to that lovely Lady. "Learn to listen quicker". Not really, I just said "I know" :shy:
It's us cockney's mate. We should have been all racing commentators. We'd be naturals.

i know mate

everything in slow motion in the mountains of north wales <laugh>