Post a reply

Re: Coral Northern Ireland Open Final !!!!!!

Postby Vallomas

I was gutted on Friday when King beat Vafaei, but I am really-really thrilled for him now that he made his dream a reality.

Very touching interview, an unforgettable final.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Vallomas wrote:I was gutted on Friday when King beat Vafaei, but I am really-really thrilled for him now that he made his dream a reality.

:goodpost:

Postby Iranu

What a great, candid interview from Mark King.

So, 4 Home Nations tournaments - 4 firs ttime ranking winners? That would be nice.

Postby Andre147

Happy for King, always good to see a first time ranking event winner.

Akthough he lost the 16 th frame, that shot to tie up pink and black was just remarkable.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:What a great, candid interview from Mark King.

So, 4 Home Nations tournaments - 4 firs ttime ranking winners? That would be nice.

Would be nice if Ronnie won 1 of the remaining 2. <ok>

Postby TheRocket

Ryan Day, Joe Swail, Anthony Hamilton, Jamie Cope. So many good or solid players who could and probably should have won a ranker haven't done it. So Mark King can be really a proud man today. He's achieved a great thing.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Ryan Day, Joe Swail, Anthony Hamilton, Jamie Cope. So many good or solid players who could and probably should have won a ranker haven't done it. So Mark King can be really a proud man today. He's achieved a great thing.

Yes I agree, winning one is always a great achievment, and it just proves once again it's never too late.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Ryan Day, Joe Swail, Anthony Hamilton, Jamie Cope. So many good or solid players who could and probably should have won a ranker haven't done it. So Mark King can be really a proud man today. He's achieved a great thing.

Yes I agree, winning one is always a great achievment, and it just proves once again it's never too late.

Yeah and as he said. No matter what happens in the future. He can always look back at this one moment where he did it. Must be a great feeling.

Postby Andre147

snucar wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Would be nice if Ronnie won 1 of the remaining 2. <ok>

Nope!

We want the ONE! ;-)

If he could win the Worlds plus Scottish or Welsh that would be even nicer <ok>

Postby Dan-cat

Vallomas wrote:I was gutted on Friday when King beat Vafaei, but I am really-really thrilled for him now that he made his dream a reality.

Agreed. Brilliant. So open and candid. A breath of fresh air. Go on Kingy lad! I was really rooting for him.

Postby Iranu

snucar wrote:Finally, a young gun that proves the experts right. Standards higher than ever! :D

Young referees are breaking through faster than young players..

Postby SnookerEd25

Andre147 wrote:Happy for King, always good to see a first time ranking event winner.

Akthough he lost the 16 th frame, that shot to tie up pink and black was just remarkable.

Yep, I've been watching Snooker for 37yrs & I can't remember anything quite like that. AS Neal Foulds said "Just when you think you've seen it all..."

Thanks Mark & Barry, for a superb evening's entertainment.

Postby Vallomas

On Saturday night, when Anthony Hamilton had that great chance on the decider, I imagined what he could say in case he was the first time champion at the age of 45.

It wasn't meant to be for Anthony, but what a great story this final and Mark King have offered to us.

Postby Lou147

An enthralling final, absolutely delighted for King. Say what you like about him he showed what hes about in winning that match and when he poured his heart out in the speech after, well played mate

Postby Lou147

Was it just me that thought Lauren Higgins couldnt have been less bothered about the whole event? Clearly didnt want to be there and couldnt even muster as much as a smile when presenting the trophy, seemed like she felt she had to do it because of the trophy being named after her old man.

Postby Vallomas

Need to mention that Mark King is now 22nd in the official ranking list and 20th in the provisional.

Not really close to the top 16 and the Masters, but only the second man after John Higgins who has earned a place on 2017 Champion of Champions!

Postby Lou147

Also both Home Nations events have now been won by first time ranking event winners, imagine if Scotland and Wales are too that would be amazing!

Postby Andre147

Lou147 wrote:Was it just me that thought Lauren Higgins couldnt have been less bothered about the whole event? Clearly didnt want to be there and couldnt even muster as much as a smile when presenting the trophy, seemed like she felt she had to do it because of the trophy being named after her old man.

You weren't the only one, and I'm sure the whole Forum here saw how she just didn't want to be there, but of course the organizers called her to attend the trophy presentation and I'm fairly sure they paid her some sort of money to be there in person.

At least she could have pretended she wanted to be there, but she didn't even care about that...

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:Maybe she's got good reason not to be fussed with this? Her father wasn't a candidate for sainthood.

What's really disappointing is she's not as sexy as she used to be.

What? When she was a baby?

Postby TheSaviour

Over the moon as Mark King wins it! Truly a great player to watch!!

And the jokes are as fun as ever lol. Even for a moment when the situation was critical.... Ronnie travelling around the world to find something. Then mailing him; "well, you must be very happy now there in California or wherever with all those great people around. You are very happy??"

A: No, I am not.

Well, but surely you at least wan´t to pretend to be happy to be there?

No, I don´t.

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Talking about the "overall-thinking".. Lol.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:Over the moon as Mark King wins it! Truly a great player to watch!!

And the jokes are as fun as ever lol. Even for a moment when the situation was critical.... Ronnie travelling around the world to find something. Then mailing him; "well, you must be very happy now there in California or wherever with all those great people around. You are very happy??"

A: No, I am not.

Well, but surely you at least wan´t to pretend to be happy to be there?

No, I don´t.

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Talking about the "overall-thinking".. Lol.

Yeah. See.

Thus guy knows.