Post a reply

Coral Northern Ireland Open Final !!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 14th ~ Sunday 20th of November at Titanic Exhibition Centre, Belfast

Mark King spoils Kyren Wilson's party but Barry Hawkins and feathering a cue ball broke Anthony Hamilton's Heart.

Not the final we thought would happen but the final we have got for the first Ever Northern Ireland Open and trying to get their hands on the trophy named after Alex Higgins Snookers most colourful and Charismatic Player.

Who will Win?

DRAW

Final

Mark King v Barry Hawkins
HEAD TO HEAD
Overall: Tied at 5-5
Main Tournaments: King leads 3-1

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Coral Northern Ireland Open Final !!!!!!

Postby Vallomas

It would be ironic if King's first ranking title would be the "Alex Higgins" trophy. Although he played a great match today.

Hawkins is the favourite, but after all we have seen this week, who knows?

Postby Andre147

Not sure who was the last player (MJW perhaps) to win a ranker without making a single century break, but King if he wins tomorrow and doesn't make one could be the next.

I expect a tight Final, I doubt the better player in Hawkins will run away with it.

I say 9-6 Hawkins.

Postby gallantrabbit

Would be surprised if Mark won it because he hasn`t scored all week, but he played his best match today so that`s a good sign. I think Mark gets short shrift from most snooker fans, but he`s certainly got longevity and has had more than his fair share of adversity in life so I`m sticking my neck out for the trier and hoping he goes all the way. I don`t care about his style of play. Here`s a fellow that never gives up and uses the talent he`s got to always be in and around the 16-32s. Good luck to him. He deserves his moment in the sun. Shame he`s not playing Hamilton. I`m the world`s worst featherer so hope he doesn`t let that bother him because he`s had a terrific week.

Postby Cloud Strife

kolompar wrote:Shame we are denied of the dream final. Would have been fitting if the Alex Higgins trophy was won by a player from his era.

Who is still around from that era? :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
kolompar wrote:Shame we are denied of the dream final. Would have been fitting if the Alex Higgins trophy was won by a player from his era.

Dennis Taylor? Did some punditry work this week.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Yes, but was he ever in contention to lift the Alex Higgins Trophy this week?

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Yes, but was he ever in contention to lift the Alex Higgins Trophy this week?

Yes.

Postby hendry_fan

Would love Mark King to win this,it,s <only> his third ever ranking final appearence,the last being way back in 2004.

COME ON MARK,great chance to win this and get his hands on a proper bit o silverware. <ok>