Post a reply

Re: Coral Northern Ireland Open Quarter Finals !!!!!!

Postby eraserhead

Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:This interview is surreal. Ronnie offering to lend Anthony money.

Can anybody remember what happened the last time Ronnie gave someone money?

#mattbalmeconman

rofl

I'd forgotten about him hope he makes an appearance in Framed.

Postby Vallomas

I'm very-very happy for Anthony Hamilton, but absolutely gutted for Hossein Vafaei, who gifted the match to Mark King. When he was 3-2 ahead, he potted a fantastic long red, which was the last one and frame ball (49-17 with only the colours remaining), but then he missed an easy pink to clinch the frame. Then he made three fouls, King fluked the blue (believe me, it was a tremendous fluke) and after a quite long battle on the pink King levelled on 3-3.

The 7th frame had a similar scenario, with Vafaei gifting the last red to King with a terrible safety shot on the last red, while he had already missed the 4th to go 3-1 up, because of a bad positional shot from the final green to the brown.

King was very nervous after the 2nd frame and what had happened there, he made many unforced errors, but Vafaei choked in the thought that he was close to win the match and progress to the semifinal. To be fair, king produced a nice 66 break under pressure on the last frame, but again, I don't think that King has any chance against in form Wilson.

I also have to say, though, that Vafaei showed some very promising skills. He has smooth cue action, but had many problems with his positional and safety game (he was weak today especially on escapes, as he made some good snookers). I am sure that we will see more from this player in the future.

Postby Dan-cat

Vallomas wrote:I'm very-very happy for Anthony Hamilton, but absolutely gutted for Hossein Vafaei, who gifted the match to Mark King. When he was 3-2 ahead, he potted a fantastic long red, which was the last one and frame ball (49-17 with only the colours remaining), but then he missed an easy pink to clinch the frame. Then he made three fouls, King fluked the blue (believe me, it was a tremendous fluke) and after a quite long battle on the pink King levelled on 3-3.

The 7th frame had a similar scenario, with Vafaei gifting the last red to King with a terrible safety shot on the last red, while he had already missed the 4th to go 3-1 up, because of a bad positional shot from the final green to the brown.

King was very nervous after the 2nd frame and what had happened there, he made many unforced errors, but Vafaei choked in the thought that he was close to win the match and progress to the semifinal. To be fair, king produced a nice 66 break under pressure on the last frame, but again, I don't think that King has any chance against in form Wilson.

I also have to say, though, that Vafaei showed some very promising skills. He has smooth cue action, but had many problems with his positional and safety game (he was weak today especially on escapes, as he made some good snookers). I am sure that we will see more from this player in the future.

Ace write-up Vallomas I missed all of Yesterday's play. Which would you say was the best match? I will watch it

Postby Vallomas

Dan-cat wrote:Ace write-up Vallomas I missed all of Yesterday's play. Which would you say was the best match? I will watch it
[/quote]

I was focused on Vafaei vs King match, as I'm rooting for the Iranian, but I guess that Allen vs Hamilton was a match of better quality.

From the Vafaei vs King is worth to watch the second frame, with the nice break of the Iranian and the controversy in the end (which reminded me the infamous O'Sullivan vs Robidoux friction in '97 Worlds). And the sixth frame, which was gifted to King after a series of mistakes by Vafaei.