Post a reply

Coral Northern Ireland Open Quarter Finals !!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 14th ~ Sunday 20th of November at Titanic Exhibition Centre, Belfast

The Quarter Finals line up is full of surprises the likes of Mark Williams, Mark King and Anthony Hamilton rolling back the years Williams beating Higgins in a main Ranking Event for the first time since the last 16 of the 2010 China Open and the younger brigade of Kyren Wilson and Michael White Making another move for a Ranking Tournament Win.

And then young Iranian player Hossein Vafaefi Ayouri who has had a lot of problems when it comes to even being aloud to play reaches the Quarter Finals for the first time ever in a ranking Tournament.

And Home favorite is still alive and kicking after a tense win over Gary Wilson.

Who will reach the Semi Finals?

DRAW

Quarter Finals

Hossein Vafaefi Ayouri v Mark King King leads 1-0
Kyren Wilson v Mark Williams Never Played Before
------------------------------------------------------------
Michael White v Barry Hawkins Hawkins leads 5-1
Mark Allen v Anthony Hamilton Allen leads 2-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Coral Northern Ireland Open Quarter Finals !!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Yan Bingtao only 16 and has earned £26,100 in his first year as a pro, he is only about £22,000 off the top 64 so with a further 9 tournaments to go this season i expect him to be in the top 64 comfortably by the end of 2017/2018 season.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:MJW is playing really well.

it's great watching him play like this.

This could be his best chance in a while to win another ranker. It's strange Ronnie and Higgins are still capable (and winning) titles in recent times yet MJW can't follow their act...

Hopefully this tournament turns things around for him.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:MJW is playing really well.

What's the score?

MJW leading 2:1. Kyren still pots them from everywhere but MJW is scoring better

:hatoff:

Have we seen or heard anything from Dennis Taylor today?

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Kyren just potting these mid distance and long balls without any problems. Everything just goes into the middle of the pocket.

he was like this in Shanghai last year and won it.

It's frightening when your opponent sees him play like this, without any fear, a bit like Trump when he plays his A game.

But MJW isn't a player to be phased by any of this and knows how to cope with it. I believe he can win this match and the title.

Postby snucar

SnookerFan wrote:
snucar wrote:Breaking news: British Airways flight 382 from London to Belfast has just landed. Thank you for choosing to fly with us today and we hope you enjoy your snooker.

You actually going?

I tried to but but as soon as I landed in Belfast I had some sharp pains in my lower back caused by some Mark Allen mates who immediately handed a nice deportation order to me. Next flight you'll hear from the venue is mine. :shrug:

Shame really, I had some really good questions for Allen's bird, hoping to understand what's wrong with her.

Postby SnookerFan

snucar wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
snucar wrote:Breaking news: British Airways flight 382 from London to Belfast has just landed. Thank you for choosing to fly with us today and we hope you enjoy your snooker.

You actually going?

I tried to but but as soon as I landed in Belfast I had some sharp pains in my lower back caused by some Mark Allen mates who immediately handed a nice deportation order to me. Next flight you'll hear from the venue is mine. :shrug:

Shame really, I had some really good questions for Allen's bird, hoping to understand what's wrong with her.

We've discussed this before. He has fire in his belly. <ok>

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Kyren just potting these mid distance and long balls without any problems. Everything just goes into the middle of the pocket.

he was like this in Shanghai last year and won it.

It's frightening when your opponent sees him play like this, without any fear, a bit like Trump when he plays his A game.

But MJW isn't a player to be phased by any of this and knows how to cope with it. I believe he can win this match and the title.

Yes MJW is one of those players who dont give any damn about how (good) his opponent plays. He just keeps playing the way he always does. Thats btw the reason why I think he copes better with playing Higgins than Ronnie does since a decade or so. Higgins is great but Ronnie makes him bigger than he is and honestly, I cant remember when Ronnie played his A-game the last time against Higgins.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Yes MJW is one of those players who dont give any damn about how (good) his opponent plays. He just keeps playing the way he always does. Thats btw the reason why I think he copes better with playing Higgins than Ronnie does since a decade or so. Higgins is great but Ronnie makes him bigger than he is and honestly, I cant remember when Ronnie played his A-game the last time against Higgins.

On the other hand MJW doesn't know how to play Ronnie the last 12 years or so and always keeps losing to him (not that I complain :-D ) abd has only managed since then one good win against him at the IC 6-5.