Post a reply

Re: Coral Northern Ireland Open - Last 16

Postby Wildey

Honestly cant believe Higgins and Ronnie lost.

i do rate Kyren BUT Playing Ronnie is doubting no matter how he plays and of late Kyren been losing to anyone last 2 events hes lost to Rhys Clark and Zak Surity so he did not come in to this event with much confidence

Postby eraserhead

I think it's a positive that Kyren was able to play like that against Ronnie. I'd rather he lose to an up and comer than Holt.

Same with McGill actually he shown he can produce against the top players on a big occasion, they both just need to start appearing in the latter stages more often.

Was watching the apprentice but surely Mark Allen should be the favourite for this no.

Postby Vallomas

Andre147 wrote:Hawkins has gone under the radar in this tournament but by all acounts he has played well.

Has a tough match v M. White next.

Mike also looks in good shape, many centuries and easy victories. It will be a good match to watch.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Honestly cant believe Higgins and Ronnie lost.

i do rate Kyren BUT Playing Ronnie is doubting no matter how he plays and of late Kyren been losing to anyone last 2 events hes lost to Rhys Clark and Zak Surity so he did not come in to this event with much confidence

Ronnie did ever so well Wild to comeback from 3 nil down with 3 amazing tons! Kyren only missed a pink in those 3 frames.

That winning break in the end.. I expected it really... it's been a trend of late for Ronnie, losing many deciding frames. Safety has cost him most of those.

Postby Andre147

I wonder what MDG made of that...

He'll probably come out saying Ronnie will never win anymore deciding frames in his life, lol...

Postby Vallomas

Anthony Hamilton shows his bottle and beats youngster Yan Bingtao by 4-3, while he was on the ropes in frame 6, needing all the colours.

Fantastic season so far for the Sheriff, who was looking in total decline the previous two seasons.

Postby Cloud Strife

LC wrote:Hardly has the crowds flocking to see him does he allen

Tournament's dead now without Ronnie. Expect to see the crowds decline further for the rest of the event.

Postby Vallomas

Poor quality in this match. Allen is playing awful snooker, but I can't see Wilson taking advantage. He has potted some difficult balls but then he struggles to build a break bigger than 20.

And many unforced errors from both...

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Anyway the UK is the one that really counts compared to all these million other recent events.

Too much bloody snooker these days.

Let's go back to the days of six rankers. Much better.

Re: Coral Northern Ireland Open Last 16 !!!!!!

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

Wihtout Ronnie, Higgins, Ding, Murphy and Selby, Trump, Robertson, Bingham because they did not play here the tournament has lost much of its favor

But it's like that.

Congratulations to the players who are in the quarterfinals.

I confess that I will only look with one eye.

My favorites for this title : Allen , Hawkins and Mark Williams.

Re: Coral Northern Ireland Open Last 16 !!!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:Wihtout Ronnie, Higgins, Ding, Murphy and Selby, Trump, Robertson, Bingham because they did not play here the tournament has lost much of its favor

But it's like that.

Congratulations to the players who are in the quarterfinals.

I confess that I will only look with one eye.

My favorites for this title : Allen , Hawkins and Mark Williams.

I dunno, man. Makes it slightly more interesting, in my opinion. Different players to watch other than the same old, same old.

Was going to watch a bit of the boxing tonight, but televised snooker has a habit of calling to me.

Like I said, I watched Hossein Vafaei Ayouri in a match in Crawley last year. (Against Dominic Dale.) I kind of feel like watching him tonight.

I'm gutted Mark Williams vs Kyren Wilson is on whilst I'm at work. That's a stand out match, for me. I want the winner of that to take the tournament.

Out tomorrow sadly, but looking forward to the final. Aeroplanes, and all.

Postby Rockettim147

TheRocket wrote:Even if Ronnie loses this game. These last two frames have shown what hes still capable of. Hes still the best breakbuilder. The only thing he does at times is making a fatal error here and there. And I think that will become less over the season. When he gets match sharper.

He might not win this tournament but I'm sure he'll win
one of the three big ones this season. And hopefully it'll be the biggest one.

Me too. I think Ronnie will win the Worlds