Post a reply

Alternative proposal by John Davison "Mr Altium"

Postby Monique

http://www.110sport.tv/News/548-EXCLUSI ... CTION.aspx
JOHN Davison – the driving force behind the Altium bid to re-shape snooker back in 2002 – has entered a proposal for consideration by the membership (players) of the World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association ahead of their EGM next Wednesday.

Davison’s vision is laid out in the letter below which has now been circulated amongst the players.

110sport will, as always, bring you the reaction from the players to this proposal.

In 2002, Davison failed to sway the players towards his plans for the future development of the game. Rejection of his ofer meant the status quo prevailed, and the then Board of World Snooker survived, handing the commercial rights to World Snooker Enterprises whose involvement in the game last less than a year.

Since then snooker has survived rather than prosper.

Below is John Davison’s detailed proposal as set out in his letter.

It reads;

I welcome the chance to become the commercial partner to the WPBSA members, working with them to bring stability to the game and from that foundation, to build an exciting growing future for all of its stakeholders.

I note the points you have raised with regard to the bid process and, in particular, the importance being placed on transparency and impartiality. I would be grateful if you could please confirm that:

1. My proposal will be passed on (in full) to every individual member of the board;

2. I have now been (and will continue to be) given access to all information that has been provided or made available to any other bidder; and

3. I have now been (and will continue to be) given copies all communications made by other bidders to the Board and/or the membership in connection with any competing bid.

My understanding, based on our discussions, is that a general meeting has been called for Wednesday 2nd June 2010. Please provide me with copies of all resolutions and other documentation pertaining to any other bids that will be considered at that meeting.

In view of the tight timings involved, I would ask that the board consider the proposals outlined in this letter and respond in good faith to me before 6pm (London time) on Wednesday 26th May 2010. If I do not receive a satisfactory response before then I will obviously need to consider my options.

In summary, my offer is as follows:

Prize Money:
Guaranteed at £5.0m in 2010/11, £5.2m in 2011/12 and £5.4m in 2012/13. That is £15.6m in prize money in the next three years and minimum guaranteed growth thereafter of 5% per year. In 2010/11the guaranteed prize money for top 64, top 48, top 32 and top 16 players is £9,400, £19,800, £34,600 and £73,000 respectively.

Events:
The 2010 season will comprise of 10 ranking events, 2 invitational events and the 6 PTC events. The 2011 season will include one additional new ranking event.

Rankings:
The ranking system will be agreed between WPBSA, players and players representative bodies such as the SPA.

Insurance:
All players in the top 64 will receive full insurance for themselves and their families to cover medical costs when they are in the UK or abroad. They will also receive travel insurance as well as additional personal insurance to cover loss of income in cases where they are injured, ill, have had a family bereavement or missed an event due to a cancelled flight.

Rights ownership:
I would expect to secure the commercial rights to snooker for an initial 15 year period, at the end of which the WPBSA will be free to re-tender the rights to any commercial partner, although by that point I hope that I will have clearly demonstrated the value of reselecting me for a further period.

Share ownership:
I will acquire 63% of WSL from the WPBSA for £315,000, valuing WSL at £500,000. That purchase price will be paid to the top 64 players as a special dividend in cash immediately the acquisition is completed.

Share rights:
The remaining 37% of WSL shares will be held in a Players’ Trust administered by the WPBSA. This will be treated as the players’ equity participation in a joint investment. I expect my investment to generate a dividend income for me in the future, and for the players to receive exactly the same dividend per share that I do. Each of the top 64 players will receive an equal share of the dividends paid out for the 37% of shares held by the Players Trust. When there are dividends available to be paid to shareholders, dividend cheques will be given to the eligible players at the season end awards ceremony which we will reinstitute in the calendar.

WPBSA:
The association will receive a day 1 payment of £1,000,000 from WSL to provide it with a robust funding base and support a strong team of new Independent Directors. It will receive a further £250,000 every year, including in 2010, to enable it to promote the game at grassroots level, administer disciplinary procedures and the rules and regulations of the game.

Cash Reserves:
There are cash reserves of c. £3,500,000 in WPBSA/WSL. Following my acquisition of WSL, the WPBSA will have £1,000,000. The remaining reserves of c. £2,500,000 will be left in WSL. Up to £1,500,000 of the reserves in WSL will be invested in the development of new ranking events. Any investment beyond this level will be funded by additional investment from the management team and WPBSA in proportion to their shareholdings. No dividends will be capable of being paid by WSL to its shareholders if it leaves less than £2,000,000 in cash in the WSL Balance Sheet.

Management Team:
The management team includes John Davison, Karl Bistany and Jolyon Armstrong whose backgrounds are as follows:

I (John Davison) am a highly successful professional investor and an Olympic athlete. I retired as a Partner in a Private Equity firm called Bridgepoint last year. If the board (or players) are interested to understand the kinds of companies in which Bridgepoint invests, go and take a look at its website which is www.bridgepoint.eu. Whilst at Bridgepoint I was involved in a wide range of investments, the most relevant and interesting being Dorna, the owner of MotoGP, where I was a Board Director. When I left Bridgepoint it had an investment fund of over £7 billion and was, as it still is, one of the most highly respected professional investment firms in the world. I know exactly what it is like to be a full time athlete having represented Great Britain in the 2000 Sydney Olympics in shooting and was elected by my fellow athletes to be the athlete representative on the BOA Athletes Commission. I now live 2 miles from where I went to my local state junior school, after which I went to my local state grammar school, then Cambridge University after which I also went to Harvard Business School. I have two young children, aged 5 and 7, and an Australian wife.

Karl Bistany is one of the most highly regarded sports rights agents in the world with over 20 years experience in the field of televised sport. Karl was the former President of Octagon CSI and represented the international media rights of major rights holders across the world including UEFA, the Premier League, the Football Association and the rugby Unions of Australia, England, New Zealand and South Africa (to name but a few). Since 2004, Karl has worked as an independent advisor to sports governing bodies, broadcasters and sponsors and his current clients include UEFA, Guinness, BT Vision, Real Madrid and the Bundesliga. Karl worked with me (John Davison) when Bridgepoint invested in MotoGP.

Jolyon Armstrong is one of the leading event and media experts in the UK with over 30 years experience at the top-level of international sports marketing, event management and communications. He has worked for some of the most famous broadcasters and brands in sports including the BBC, ITV, B Sky Sports, Braun, BMW, Heineken, Marlboro, NatWest, Stella Artois and Zurich. This has encompassed the Olympics, numerous World Cups, Formula 1, Ocean Racing, International Cricket, the Six Nations and Heineken Cup in Rugby, Stella Artois Tennis tournament and many other major events and championships. Jolyon is also a former international athlete in Basketball and was alongside me in my 2002 offer for World Snooker.

Between us we will bring to WSL a unique blend of high level business credibility and deep knowledge and experience in building long term commercial value in businesses and sports rights in particular.

We will use this to drive the development of new snooker events and increases in the value and duration of its broadcast and sponsorship contracts. We will work closely with the WSL team in Bristol, adding rather than removing staff where necessary, and with the WPBSA Board and its members, to deliver an exciting future for the game.

Why are Karl, Jolyon and I making this offer?

Well, since I last looked at snooker in 2002 it has moved backwards rather than forwards. Prize money has gone down, the number of ranking events has decreased, sponsorship and broadcast contract values have gone down. We believe that there is a great opportunity to bring long term stability to the sport of snooker and to use our business skills and experience to work with the WPBSA (and the players) to generate an investment return for ourselves along with increases in prize funds, events and dividends for the WPBSA and its members. After all, if the majority of other major sports can enjoy significant growth in revenues and media exposure why can’t snooker?

There are no additional commercial partners in our acquisition of WSL.

Please feel free to email or call me with any questions that you have about my offer or its deliverability.

Regards

John Davison

This is all well and good but Barry Hear has actually proven he is doing things concretely. This are promises ... and it's all about top 64. No involvement of the amateurs. This involvement is essential for the development of the amateur game and ultimately the survival of snooker.
Also the EGM is next Wednesday. That's short notice for the players to really weight the pro and cons. Deliberate?

Re: Alternative proposal by John Davison "Mr Altium"

Postby Witz78

Monique wrote:http://www.110sport.tv/News/548-EXCLUSIVE_-_DAVISON_STEPS_FORWARD_TO_TAKE_SNOOKER_IN_SAME_DIRECTION.aspx
JOHN Davison – the driving force behind the Altium bid to re-shape snooker back in 2002 – has entered a proposal for consideration by the membership (players) of the World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association ahead of their EGM next Wednesday.

Davison’s vision is laid out in the letter below which has now been circulated amongst the players.

110sport will, as always, bring you the reaction from the players to this proposal.

In 2002, Davison failed to sway the players towards his plans for the future development of the game. Rejection of his ofer meant the status quo prevailed, and the then Board of World Snooker survived, handing the commercial rights to World Snooker Enterprises whose involvement in the game last less than a year.

Since then snooker has survived rather than prosper.

Below is John Davison’s detailed proposal as set out in his letter.

It reads;

I welcome the chance to become the commercial partner to the WPBSA members, working with them to bring stability to the game and from that foundation, to build an exciting growing future for all of its stakeholders.

I note the points you have raised with regard to the bid process and, in particular, the importance being placed on transparency and impartiality. I would be grateful if you could please confirm that:

1. My proposal will be passed on (in full) to every individual member of the board;

2. I have now been (and will continue to be) given access to all information that has been provided or made available to any other bidder; and

3. I have now been (and will continue to be) given copies all communications made by other bidders to the Board and/or the membership in connection with any competing bid.

My understanding, based on our discussions, is that a general meeting has been called for Wednesday 2nd June 2010. Please provide me with copies of all resolutions and other documentation pertaining to any other bids that will be considered at that meeting.

In view of the tight timings involved, I would ask that the board consider the proposals outlined in this letter and respond in good faith to me before 6pm (London time) on Wednesday 26th May 2010. If I do not receive a satisfactory response before then I will obviously need to consider my options.

In summary, my offer is as follows:

Prize Money:
Guaranteed at £5.0m in 2010/11, £5.2m in 2011/12 and £5.4m in 2012/13. That is £15.6m in prize money in the next three years and minimum guaranteed growth thereafter of 5% per year. In 2010/11the guaranteed prize money for top 64, top 48, top 32 and top 16 players is £9,400, £19,800, £34,600 and £73,000 respectively.

Events:
The 2010 season will comprise of 10 ranking events, 2 invitational events and the 6 PTC events. The 2011 season will include one additional new ranking event.

Rankings:
The ranking system will be agreed between WPBSA, players and players representative bodies such as the SPA.

Insurance:
All players in the top 64 will receive full insurance for themselves and their families to cover medical costs when they are in the UK or abroad. They will also receive travel insurance as well as additional personal insurance to cover loss of income in cases where they are injured, ill, have had a family bereavement or missed an event due to a cancelled flight.

Rights ownership:
I would expect to secure the commercial rights to snooker for an initial 15 year period, at the end of which the WPBSA will be free to re-tender the rights to any commercial partner, although by that point I hope that I will have clearly demonstrated the value of reselecting me for a further period.

Share ownership:
I will acquire 63% of WSL from the WPBSA for £315,000, valuing WSL at £500,000. That purchase price will be paid to the top 64 players as a special dividend in cash immediately the acquisition is completed.

Share rights:
The remaining 37% of WSL shares will be held in a Players’ Trust administered by the WPBSA. This will be treated as the players’ equity participation in a joint investment. I expect my investment to generate a dividend income for me in the future, and for the players to receive exactly the same dividend per share that I do. Each of the top 64 players will receive an equal share of the dividends paid out for the 37% of shares held by the Players Trust. When there are dividends available to be paid to shareholders, dividend cheques will be given to the eligible players at the season end awards ceremony which we will reinstitute in the calendar.

WPBSA:
The association will receive a day 1 payment of £1,000,000 from WSL to provide it with a robust funding base and support a strong team of new Independent Directors. It will receive a further £250,000 every year, including in 2010, to enable it to promote the game at grassroots level, administer disciplinary procedures and the rules and regulations of the game.

Cash Reserves:
There are cash reserves of c. £3,500,000 in WPBSA/WSL. Following my acquisition of WSL, the WPBSA will have £1,000,000. The remaining reserves of c. £2,500,000 will be left in WSL. Up to £1,500,000 of the reserves in WSL will be invested in the development of new ranking events. Any investment beyond this level will be funded by additional investment from the management team and WPBSA in proportion to their shareholdings. No dividends will be capable of being paid by WSL to its shareholders if it leaves less than £2,000,000 in cash in the WSL Balance Sheet.

Management Team:
The management team includes John Davison, Karl Bistany and Jolyon Armstrong whose backgrounds are as follows:

I (John Davison) am a highly successful professional investor and an Olympic athlete. I retired as a Partner in a Private Equity firm called Bridgepoint last year. If the board (or players) are interested to understand the kinds of companies in which Bridgepoint invests, go and take a look at its website which is http://www.bridgepoint.eu. Whilst at Bridgepoint I was involved in a wide range of investments, the most relevant and interesting being Dorna, the owner of MotoGP, where I was a Board Director. When I left Bridgepoint it had an investment fund of over £7 billion and was, as it still is, one of the most highly respected professional investment firms in the world. I know exactly what it is like to be a full time athlete having represented Great Britain in the 2000 Sydney Olympics in shooting and was elected by my fellow athletes to be the athlete representative on the BOA Athletes Commission. I now live 2 miles from where I went to my local state junior school, after which I went to my local state grammar school, then Cambridge University after which I also went to Harvard Business School. I have two young children, aged 5 and 7, and an Australian wife.

Karl Bistany is one of the most highly regarded sports rights agents in the world with over 20 years experience in the field of televised sport. Karl was the former President of Octagon CSI and represented the international media rights of major rights holders across the world including UEFA, the Premier League, the Football Association and the rugby Unions of Australia, England, New Zealand and South Africa (to name but a few). Since 2004, Karl has worked as an independent advisor to sports governing bodies, broadcasters and sponsors and his current clients include UEFA, Guinness, BT Vision, Real Madrid and the Bundesliga. Karl worked with me (John Davison) when Bridgepoint invested in MotoGP.

Jolyon Armstrong is one of the leading event and media experts in the UK with over 30 years experience at the top-level of international sports marketing, event management and communications. He has worked for some of the most famous broadcasters and brands in sports including the BBC, ITV, B Sky Sports, Braun, BMW, Heineken, Marlboro, NatWest, Stella Artois and Zurich. This has encompassed the Olympics, numerous World Cups, Formula 1, Ocean Racing, International Cricket, the Six Nations and Heineken Cup in Rugby, Stella Artois Tennis tournament and many other major events and championships. Jolyon is also a former international athlete in Basketball and was alongside me in my 2002 offer for World Snooker.

Between us we will bring to WSL a unique blend of high level business credibility and deep knowledge and experience in building long term commercial value in businesses and sports rights in particular.

We will use this to drive the development of new snooker events and increases in the value and duration of its broadcast and sponsorship contracts. We will work closely with the WSL team in Bristol, adding rather than removing staff where necessary, and with the WPBSA Board and its members, to deliver an exciting future for the game.

Why are Karl, Jolyon and I making this offer?

Well, since I last looked at snooker in 2002 it has moved backwards rather than forwards. Prize money has gone down, the number of ranking events has decreased, sponsorship and broadcast contract values have gone down. We believe that there is a great opportunity to bring long term stability to the sport of snooker and to use our business skills and experience to work with the WPBSA (and the players) to generate an investment return for ourselves along with increases in prize funds, events and dividends for the WPBSA and its members. After all, if the majority of other major sports can enjoy significant growth in revenues and media exposure why can’t snooker?

There are no additional commercial partners in our acquisition of WSL.

Please feel free to email or call me with any questions that you have about my offer or its deliverability.

Regards

John Davison

This is all well and good but Barry Hear has actually proven he is doing things concretely. This are promises ... and it's all about top 64. No involvement of the amateurs. This involvement is essential for the development of the amateur game and ultimately the survival of snooker.
Also the EGM is next Wednesday. That's short notice for the players to really weight the pro and cons. Deliberate?

Yet another potential spanner in the works for Hearn <doh>

Hearn has a proper plan in place now having had 6 months within the WPSBA to see what was wrong etc and start to make his changes so deserves to be given a chance now AND with 51% control which he guarantees will be relinquished back to the players, should he fail to fulfil his promises of growth and expansion.

Anyone backing this at short notice over Hearns concrete plans needs their head examined. Its all pie in the sky and mumbo jumbo to me as far as the figures etc look. Basically theyve saw what Hearn can promise and have upped the ante as a carrot to entice voters, but have no real back up to justify their promises.

Why announce this now so close to the meeting next week? All it does is muddy the waters further.

If they were genuinely concerned with the plight of snooker, then Altium would have returned long ago after their 2002 takeover bid was foiled. The games been dying a slow death all of the last decade, yet now they appear again after Hearn has already given the game the kiss of life :chin:

Postby Wildey

can i swear

buck ME <doh>

where the hell has this plank been for the last 8 bastard years

now he re apears to buck things up as payback for what happened before :rude: :wild2:

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:The EGM is on Wednesday June, 2.

that is 6 days time but now with this will it stil go ahead....

i honestly think this is not a genuine bid i think he is out to try and do to hearn what was done to him.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:

that is 6 days time but now with this will it stil go ahead....

i honestly think this is not a genuine bid i think he is out to try and do to hearn what was done to him.

i agree Wild, the whole things stinks of an anti-Hearn stunt.

Thats why unless we get the vote pushed through next week and Hearn gets the 51% control he needs, the game will continue to be rife with cretins like this guy and many others who are only interested in their own agendas, self interest and points scoring over rivals, than people who are genuinely motivated by taking the sport forward (which Hearn is)

Postby Wildey

what pisses me right off about this is only a week to go before the EGM and he comes out with this the bucking season is about to get underway hope the players has the sense regarding this as was said on TSF Just now Barry has had 6 months withing the WSA to see how to proceed this guy had nothing and yet he makes a offer a week before voting yes great timing bucking up players minds.

ill tell you one thing this would make up my mind if i was a player and vote for hearn now. but are these players that clever.

Postby Casey

I just don’t understand why people are slandering this guy. If his proposals were put through into 02 snooker would not be in the position it is. We would have had more snooker over the last 8 years to view.

If this guy is willing to put actual cash to his bid why cant Hearn? Also unless there is at least 2 million in the bank at the end of the fiscal year the shareholders don’t get paid.

Snooker needed more deals on the table and that’s exactly what it has got.

Here are some key points -

' The 2010 season will comprise of 10 ranking events, 2 invitational events and the 6 PTC events. The 2011 season will include one additional new ranking event'

In 2010/11the guaranteed prize money for top 64, top 48, top 32 and top 16 players is £9,400, £19,800, £34,600 and £73,000 respectively

No dividends will be capable of being paid by WSL to its shareholders if it leaves less than £2,000,000 in cash in the WSL Balance Sheet

The company that this guy directed up until last year has a turnover of 7 billion, so its very safe to say he has been more successful than Hearn.

This needs serious consideration

Postby Monique

Yes maybe it needs serious consideration. But can anyone give it serious consideration when there is only 6 days, including a week-end before the EGM? Is it serious to come out with this at this moment in time?
Barry Hearn has actually done things since he is at the head of WPBSA, he has secured sponsors, he has secured new events. This is just a paper and not very detailed regarding implementation to say the least. 10 ranking events? What, where, what formats? Are they secured already? It also focus ONLY on top 64. He doesn't touch the ranking system or the qualifiers questions.
How many time have we seen such promises in the past years? How many have come true? Oh, yes ... <doh> Bahrain!

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

I know that, bu isn't that 30 days from when Barry Hean had his meeting. I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

For the John Davison letter, this was issued a couple of weeks back & the WPBSA had until the 26th of May to respond ensuring all players received a copy of the letter in the interim.

I'm meeting up with a Pro later this evening after we have celebrated my beautiful son's birthday. I'll get his take on it. <ok>

Postby Casey

Yes maybe it needs serious consideration. But can anyone give it serious consideration when there is only 6 days, including a week-end before the EGM? Is it serious to come out with this at this moment in time?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes this may have come a bit late which is unfortunate. Unless the players ask for more time, which would probably be the best option.

In terms of how the ranking events are formatted, well I don't consider that a big issue, get them penned in and then sort out the issue.

As for Davison himself, well you only have to look at his previous work to see how successful he has been. Hearn has also been very successful but seemingly not on the same scale.

The fact that the shareholders wouldn't get a penny unless there is 2 mill in the bank is a bold promise, and one that would ensure financial stability in the company.

Barry has imo done excellently since he took over, as you said new events and new sponsors. However I would like to point out, when he was 'voted' in (more or less) he didn't make any promises of events etc. it was a bit of blind faith from most people. I find it strange with Davision's background people are dismissing him even though he has presented a business case whilst Hearn was accepted with nothing in hand.

In terms of the timing, it is short notice, however did Davision want to ensure that he could deliver 10 ranking and 2 non ranking events before he put forward his plans?

If his deal was given the green light 8 years ago we wouldn't be in this position.

Postby N_Castle07

The players should have more choice so I’m pleased this has been announced. However it all looks a bit pushed to me, it seems with the odd few players and officials disagreeing with Hearn that this new option has been quickly built up and it will be hard to convince the players of its substance. Hearn will be laughing at this rather than worrying about it. I mean who the hell is going to back this? Even Ebdon will hate this option. This is a poor attempt and I don’t think anyone should be worrying about this.

Postby Casey

I have noticed on different forums people are questioning the integrity of this bid. However this is not Walker talking; look at the background of the people involved, they are not here to mess about.

It would certainly seem genuine, although a bit late. They really needed to get this in before the players meeting a few weeks back.

Postby N_Castle07

There is too many questions unanswered. The BBC want to get rid of the Grand Prix what is there proposal to uplift this event? These so called 10 ranking events; where will they be hosted? Are they sponsors? Is there a broadcasting deal on the table? Barry Hearn did a question and answer session with the players and fans, will Davison be prepared to do the same?

To me this is just mental surely they can’t expect to gather many votes from the players with this vague proposal.

Postby Casey

'These so called 10 ranking events; where will they be hosted? Are they sponsors? Is there a broadcasting deal on the table? Barry Hearn did a question and answer session with the players and fans, will Davison be prepared to do the same?

To me this is just mental surely they can’t expect to gather many votes from the players with this vague proposal.'

If he is truly keen I am sure he would hold a meeting. In terms of the GP, well I have no idea but if he gets 10 ranking events would it matter? Its either 10 without it or 9 + GP.

I agree more details are needed, but Hearn was the one that has failed to release this document to the players for several weeks now.

I do believe overall its too late and the players will almost certainly vote for Barry's plans. The one thing I suppose that has changed, before this if Hearn's plans went wrong the players could be content in that there was no other choice. However now it’s very much like 2002, were they have options, they got it wrong then.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Yes maybe it needs serious consideration. But can anyone give it serious consideration when there is only 6 days, including a week-end before the EGM? Is it serious to come out with this at this moment in time?
Barry Hearn has actually done things since he is at the head of WPBSA, he has secured sponsors, he has secured new events. This is just a paper and not very detailed regarding implementation to say the least. 10 ranking events? What, where, what formats? Are they secured already? It also focus ONLY on top 64. He doesn't touch the ranking system or the qualifiers questions.
How many time have we seen such promises in the past years? How many have come true? Oh, yes ... <doh> Bahrain!

theres absolutely nothing in the proposals regarding new players on tour how does players rank 65 + feel about their total absence from anything in the proposals.

how will davison structure a qualifying school ?

its very rushed without thinking anything through.

where will the 3 additional ranking tournaments be played ??

the season is fast approaching with the first barry hearn PTC in 27 days time and nobody knows where Davidson ranking tournaments will be held at.

Postby Casey

'the season is fast approaching with the first barry hearn PTC in 27 days time and nobody knows where Davidson ranking tournaments will be held at'

After only having 6 last year I don't think the players would complain to much. Barry hasn't identified were all his tournaments are taking place either.

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:'the season is fast approaching with the first barry hearn PTC in 27 days time and nobody knows where Davidson ranking tournaments will be held at'

After only having 6 last year I don't think the players would complain to much. Barry hasn't identified were all his tournaments are taking place either.

ummmm its in the callender

if the davidson scheeme gets the go ahead what is the odds 3 ranking tournaments will clash with PL Matches then its barhain farce all over again x 3

Postby Wildey

case all im saying hes been to late in the day putting this together and its a bit rushed no mention of qualifying on tour and relegation off tour its all about the top 64

Postby Casey

Well it would stand to reason he wouldn’t alter the tour promotion/relegation.

I agree this is very late in the day and whilst I think the snooker players would get a better return that what Barry has offered, their minds are made up.

At least in the unlikely event that Hearn’s plans are not passed there is a contingency, so snooker would not be doomed.

Postby Monique

case_master wrote:Well it would stand to reason he wouldn’t alter the tour promotion/relegation.

I wouldn't be so certain. It was part of the Altium deal to reduce the MT to 64 players and it was Davison behind the Altium deal. That's another thing that's "cleverly unclear" in that annoucement.

Postby Wildey

case

the great is well behind this deal and the great wants the tour cut to 48 or 32 players so im thinking this is also what John Davison wants as well.

Postby Witz78

Im sorry but the timing of this all stinks.

Why sit back for 8 years after their last bid failed when snookers been a rapidly sinking ship?

Why not re-bid for control of snooker in the last few years when all the unrest with Rodney Walker started?

Why wait until Hearns plans are about to be voted in, to drop this bombshell?

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Im sorry but the timing of this all stinks.

Why sit back for 8 years after their last bid failed when snookers been a rapidly sinking ship?

Why not re-bid for control of snooker in the last few years when all the unrest with Rodney Walker started?

one name Lee Doyle <ok>

if Lee was on side with Barry we would not have herd of John Davison this time either.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Im sorry but the timing of this all stinks.

one name Lee Doyle <ok>

if Lee was on side with Barry we would not have herd of John Davison this time either.

http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/

Bloody hell, Hendry and King have came out in support of Davidsons rival bid <doh>

Dave Hendon has called this right, Hearn came in off his own back first and is now in the midst of doing the job he started, to revive snooker so deserves the loyalty from the players to see through his plans.

As Hendon scarily points out, next week is not a simple VOTE HEARN or VOTE DAVIDSON option. Should the players reject Hearn then he walks away, then whos to say that Davidson will then get voted on when its his turn?? Then were up sh1t creek without a paddle having scored 2 massive own goals.

Hearn has the be the way to go here, everythings already planned and in place with promises of further improvement. The players could see the mythical figures being banded about by the rival bid and be greedy here, but the reality is Hearn has to get his chance now. In the event he fails to deliver, then yeah a few years down the line a vote of no confidence and give Davidson his chance to put his money where his mouth is. First come first served i say, so lets stick with Barry.

Postby Wildey

buck ME <doh>

ive never come close to walking away as i am at the moment...

endless arguaments regarding the future of snooker being pulled from pillar to post why cant these people WORK TOGETHER FOR THE BEST OF THE SPORT NOT THEMSELVES

Barry Hearn should get first crack at it he went inside the sport and put some passion that was lacking back.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:intercourse ME <doh>

ive never come close to walking away as i am at the moment...

endless arguaments regarding the future of snooker being pulled from pillar to post why cant these people WORK TOGETHER FOR THE BEST OF THE SPORT NOT THEMSELVES

Barry Hearn should get first crack at it he went inside the sport and put some passion that was lacking back.

Its the equivalent of being married to a fat old horror for ages then divorcing her and starting a relationship with a fit blonde but then just as things are about to get serious you suddenly get the hots for some supermodel who happens to walk past.

Loyalty is required here to Hearn, can the snooker players seriously turn down what he has to offer after what they have endured the last 5 years or so? The grass isnt always greener on the other side....

Too risky to turn down Hearns offer when Davisons is all just numbers without any concrete plans and little time to implement them if required.