Post a reply

Re: Coral Northern Ireland Open last 128 !!!!!!

Postby Cloud Strife

PoolBoy wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Is the Jimmy and Ronnie match today?

I posted this yesterday on this thread:

Tournament schedule:

Monday: Last 128 (half the games) (first to 4)
Tuesday: last 128 (half the games) (first to 4)
Wednesday: Last 64 (first to 4)
Thursday: last 32 AND last 16 !!! (both rounds - first to 4)
Friday: Quarter-finals (first to 5)
Saturday: Semi-finals (first to 6)
Sunday: Final (first to 9)

Ok thanks. Should've paid more attention.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:He accused Bingham of having no balls and bottle and it hit back at him.
If I look at some of Allens comments I think he's just sick of not being able to really beat those topguys in the very big matches. Yes, he did it at times, even in a great fashion, I mean beating Selby so many times is no fluke but in the end he has no World, UK, Masters title in his back and just won 3 rankers over an 11 year period.

I think that really hurts him. But he'd never admit it.

I think you might be on to something.

I had an, argument is too strong a term, but discussion with him over Twitter when the English Open was on. I think I mentioned this at the time, so I hope I don't sound really butthurt by this. (Because I'm not.)

But Shaun Murphy was blabbering on about introducing shot clocks into the game, because he'd been late onto the table when another match overran. I told him I spend hundreds of pounds on snooker tickets every year, and would stop spending anything if shot clocks were introduced. Then Allen wades in and starts saying; "We all know the sort of players you buy tickets to though, don't we?"

I ask him what he means, being that I've watched many, many different players over the years live. Everybody from the Ronnies and the Judds to the Mcleods and Ebdons. And he made some comment like; "If you've paid for those sort of players, more fool you."

Again, didn't really upset me. Because I don't hold Mark Allen's opinion in any real regard. But it ended with him banging on about what an exciting player he was, and people should come to watch him because win or lose, he's always exciting. I nearly pointed out I had a ticket to his Masters Quarter Final against Joe Perry, so I knew that was a lie. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Good story Snookerfan :)

It's mad that we actually have a communication line to the players. I'm still stuck in my mid 90s pre-social networks nostalgia trip :)

Thanks man. rofl

Not really sure what my point was, now I've told it. I think the point I was trying to make was that he was so determined to announce what an exciting player he is to watch, he hi-jacked a conversation he wasn't involved in.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Dan-cat wrote:
LC wrote:Looks like buckets this week for this tournament, going in wide off the jaw time after time

I hope not. Pockets were decent at the CoC. May as well put an American pool table in and have done

As long as we don't return to the pockets of the 2009 World Championship, then it's all good.

Murphy's infamous pink. One of those things that I just can't un-see.<laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
LC wrote:Looks like buckets this week for this tournament, going in wide off the jaw time after time

I hope not. Pockets were decent at the CoC. May as well put an American pool table in and have done

As long as we don't return to the pockets of the 2009 World Championship, then it's all good.

I can name a pink in a Crucible Final that needed buckets to go in. :evilgrin:

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:So anyone knows why Allen and Joyce can't stand each other and Allen even calls him a d*ck?

Allen is a bit of a d*ck himself to be fair. Would love if he got dumped out first round here..

He accused Bingham of having no balls and bottle and it hit back at him.
If I look at some of Allens comments I think he's just sick of not being able to really beat those topguys in the very big matches. Yes, he did it at times, even in a great fashion, I mean beating Selby so many times is no fluke but in the end he has no World, UK, Masters title in his back and just won 3 rankers over an 11 year period.

I think that really hurts him. But he'd never admit it.

He has loads of talent and his best game is capable of beating anyone. Problem is he very rarely brings it to the table at the TC events.

talent alone means nothing as we know. So yeah I think you're spot on :spot on: he's sick of losing to them and not being able to win any of those big events.

Postby Cheshire Cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

I can name a pink in a Crucible Final that needed buckets to go in. :evilgrin:

pmsl

Postby SnookerFan

I know this is the pot calling the kettle black, but Allen has put on a fair bit of weight.

I know it's not my business to say, and I am hardly skinny myself, but you wonder if he'd have had more success if he was in better shape.

Postby Andre147

Cheshire Cat wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Me too. Hendry's last black for the 147 at those Worlds too should had never dropped in, but then again that was the year of the famous wide buckets.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
You lied, you mong.

Did I?

Sorry, I thought it was this eveing.

So did Jimmy last night! I think he thought Colin Murray was pulling his leg when he said it was tomorrow.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Is the Jimmy and Ronnie match today?

I posted this yesterday on this thread:

Tournament schedule:

Monday: Last 128 (half the games) (first to 4)
Tuesday: last 128 (half the games) (first to 4)
Wednesday: Last 64 (first to 4)
Thursday: last 32 AND last 16 !!! (both rounds - first to 4)
Friday: Quarter-finals (first to 5)
Saturday: Semi-finals (first to 6)
Sunday: Final (first to 9)

Ok thanks. Should've paid more attention.

Yeah, Cloud. Pay attention.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:So did Jimmy last night! I think he thought Colin Murray was pulling his leg when he said it was tomorrow.

Yeah, I could've sworn somebody was on about it yesterday, saying they played today.

Maybe I was just not particularly listening and got the wrong end of the stick.

Postby Andre147

His name's David Lilley and he's leading 2-0, so he must be doing something right,...

To be fair, you don't have to do much right in order to beat Lisowsky...

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:Jack Lisowsky's opponent today...

:lol:

And it seems, he's causing Lisowski big trouble. Lisowski is one, if not the most overhyped player ever. For years people have been saying, the guy becomes a big player, some even said he's a future world champ.

He's just an talent for an eternity.

Postby Andre147

Nigel Bond's birthday today, and he plays Wenbo on this TV table next...

would be some birthday present if he could knock out the only player in with a chance for the million..

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Nigel Bond's birthday today, and he plays Wenbo on this TV table next...

would be some birthday present if he could knock out the only player in with a chance for the million..

SELECTA! :hatoff:

#onforamillion