Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Final !!!!!!

Postby PoolBoy

butt-hurt

Pronounced: [buht-hurt]
Usage: Slang

noun
1. mental distress or irritation caused by an overreaction to a perceived personal slight or a bad outcome.
2. Ronnie fans after a loss to John Higgins.

Further reading: See under 'masterdoctorgenius'

:win:

Postby SnookerFan

PoolBoy wrote:butt-hurt

noun
1. mental distress or irritation caused by an overreaction to a perceived personal slight or a bad outcome.
2. Ronnie fans after a loss to John Higgins.

Further reading: See under 'masterdoctorgenius'

And/or Selby.

Postby Holden Chinaski

butt-hurt

noun
2. A Stephen Hendry fan who, even though Hendry has been retired for five years, is still taking every opportunity to make fun of Ronnie O'Sullivan or his fans, just because he still hates Ronnie for destroying Hendry at the 2004 and 2008 world championships, and because Ronnie still playes great in old age while Hendry didn't age well.

Further reading: See under 'poolboy'

Postby Pink Ball

I think John Higgins is a lovely man who made a terrible mistake six years ago. He was found guilty of a very serious offence and in my opinion (and it’s only my opinion) he was punished very leniently (only suspended for six months).

He was rightly found not guilty of another more serious offence (match fixing), which was 100 per cent the right decision. You can’t jail someone for murder if they haven’t killed anyone. Get it?

But conveniently, Higgins being found not guilty of this more serious charge allowed some clowns to peddle the myth that he’d done nothing wrong and was fully exonerated. Cue a lot of obnoxiousness by snooker fans.

As a person, John Higgins comes across very well and I don’t think he deserves to have this thrown at him in terms of his worth as a person. We all make mistakes, even if this was a huge one. As a snooker player, I hate to see him winning, and I will never apologise for that. In fact, I cannot understand the mentality of people who do shout for him, or worse again celebrate his wins just to get under people’s skins. Or try to silence people who’re perfectly entitled not to respect him as a snooker player. It’s wrong, and it’s stupid.

Many of these same people try to peddle the line that Ronnie is the second coming of Satan, and chastise him for pulling out of tournaments (which is annoying, but is his right), or point to any little infraction at all as a stick to beat him with (I mean honestly, who gives a rubbish if he doesn’t want to hit a 147?). I don’t mind people disliking Ronnie for what he was like pre-Steve Peters (I’m actually in that boat myself), because he was a bit of a mong back then, and while I love watching him play I still can’t warm to him.

I’ve not posted here in a while, because I can’t stand some of the posters here for thinking they’re superior for not supporting Ronnie. I was irked by the comments of one poster who doesn’t like me (for that I can’t blame him), but said I wasn’t around Snooker Island because I don’t love snooker and I’m just a Ronnie fanboy. I’ve watched snooker for decades, and I don’t particularly like Ronnie O’Sullivan - yet one poster couldn’t think of any greater insult than to call me a Ronnie fan. That says it all for me.

Some people support Ronnie and they’re tits, others support Ronnie and they’re not tits. Some people don’t support Ronnie and they’re tits, and other don’t support Ronnie and they’re not tits.

You don’t become a good snooker fan by not supporting Ronnie O’Sullivan. Now go and buck yourselves.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:I think John Higgins is a lovely man who made a terrible mistake six years ago. He was found guilty of a very serious offence and in my opinion (and it’s only my opinion) he was punished very leniently (only suspended for six months).

He was rightly found not guilty of another more serious offence (match fixing), which was 100 per cent the right decision. You can’t jail someone for murder if they haven’t killed anyone. Get it?

But conveniently, Higgins being found not guilty of this more serious charge allowed some clowns to peddle the myth that he’d done nothing wrong and was fully exonerated. Cue a lot of obnoxiousness by snooker fans.

As a person, John Higgins comes across very well and I don’t think he deserves to have this thrown at him in terms of his worth as a person. We all make mistakes, even if this was a huge one. As a snooker player, I hate to see him winning, and I will never apologise for that. In fact, I cannot understand the mentality of people who do shout for him, or worse again celebrate his wins just to get under people’s skins. Or try to silence people who’re perfectly entitled not to respect him as a snooker player. It’s wrong, and it’s stupid.

Many of these same people try to peddle the line that Ronnie is the second coming of Satan, and chastise him for pulling out of tournaments (which is annoying, but is his right), or point to any little infraction at all as a stick to beat him with (I mean honestly, who gives a rubbish if he doesn’t want to hit a 147?). I don’t mind people disliking Ronnie for what he was like pre-Steve Peters (I’m actually in that boat myself), because he was a bit of a mong back then, and while I love watching him play I still can’t warm to him.

I’ve not posted here in a while, because I can’t stand some of the posters here for thinking they’re superior for not supporting Ronnie. I was irked by the comments of one poster who doesn’t like me (for that I can’t blame him), but said I wasn’t around Snooker Island because I don’t love snooker and I’m just a Ronnie fanboy. I’ve watched snooker for decades, and I don’t particularly like Ronnie O’Sullivan - yet one poster couldn’t think of any greater insult than to call me a Ronnie fan. That says it all for me.

Some people support Ronnie and they’re tits, others support Ronnie and they’re not tits. Some people don’t support Ronnie and they’re tits, and other don’t support Ronnie and they’re not tits.

You don’t become a good snooker fan by not supporting Ronnie O’Sullivan. Now go and buck yourselves.

Too long, didn't read.

Postby Gridlock

I watched the final via youtube, and was as I said before in alleigeience with Hendry_fan, and say congratulations Mr Higgins. I have not slogged through the 17 pages of ROS drivel but may tomorrow. Was a classic match.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I think John Higgins is a lovely man who made a terrible mistake six years ago. He was found guilty of a very serious offence and in my opinion (and it’s only my opinion) he was punished very leniently (only suspended for six months).

Too long, didn't read.

Pity Cloud, because I think you'd have agreed with most of what I've said.

Postby Andre147

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:Ronnies scared of John, always has been. That's because John has never been scared of him and Ronnie always plays better when he sees the white in their eyes.

As if Ronnie hasn't played the snooker of his life against the likes of Higgins...

Masters Final 2005.. ring any bells? <ok> Ronnie lost, end of. He's not scared of him, he just knows Higgins is more likely to punish his mistakes than most of the others players, Selby similar.

At least he won their most important match of all, the World Final, and at the end of the day that decides who is greater, otherwise Ronnie would be on 4 World Titles and Higgins on 5.

Postby Andre147

I read what you wrote Pink Ball and agree 100%!!!

Most who arent Ronnie supporters think they are superior and true fans of Snooker... LOL... as if to be a true fan of Snooker you need to have Selby as your favourite player for instance...

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Too long, didn't read.

Pity Cloud, because I think you'd have agreed with most of what I've said.

Serious question. Did John Higgins ever apologise? Did he ever stop and think, you know what I've messed up here and for that I am sorry? To this day I don't believe he has ever fully taken responsibility for what went on there. It was easier for him to play the role of victim, which he was to a low-level sting operation, but he wasn't completely blameless as you have noted.

This is where I differ with you Pink Ball. I respect him to high heaven as a snooker player. As a person? Well, you probably get the picture.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:I read what you wrote Pink Ball and agree 100%!!!

Most who arent Ronnie supporters think they are superior and true fans of Snooker... LOL... as if to be a true fan of Snooker you need to have Selby as your favourite player for instance...

To be a true fan of snooker you have to appreciate all types of Game while at the same time twiddle yourself off to your fave playing (who ever that player is) and not react in a disrespectful manor when a less talented player plays/wins etc etc.

Snooker success is built on variety.

in the 70s for example you needed the methodical giants like Reardon, Spencer and Thorburn to play off the flamboyance and Difficult Genius of Higgins.

ive been a fan of this great sport for about 36 years and its disgraceful the abuse players gets on line and btw i include Ronnie in that So what he walked off at the end of the final mountain out of mole hill springs to mind

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I read what you wrote Pink Ball and agree 100%!!!

To be a true fan of snooker you have to appreciate all types of Game while at the same time twiddle yourself off to your fave playing (who ever that player is) and not react in a disrespectful manor when a less talented player plays/wins etc etc.

Snooker success is built on variety.

in the 70s for example you needed the methodical giants like Reardon, Spencer and Thorburn to play off the flamboyance and Difficult Genius of Higgins.

ive been a fan of this great sport for about 36 years and its disgraceful the abuse players gets on line and btw i include Ronnie in that So what he walked off at the end of the final mountain out of mole hill springs to mind

Guilty, as charged.

Postby Pink Ball

No JOOL you're right. He should have apologised. But people like this forum have shut down any reasonable debate and haven't half given him an easy ride - it's disgusting actually. The same people would call Ronnie a disgrace for taking a rubbish in the famous Crucible lavatory.

Snookerbacker is one blogger who has looked at the Higgins thing very reasonably and I respect him for that.

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:No JOOL you're right. He should have apologised. But people like this forum have shut down any reasonable debate and haven't half given him an easy ride - it's disgusting actually. The same people would call Ronnie a disgrace for taking a rubbish in the famous Crucible lavatory.

Snookerbacker is one blogger who has looked at the Higgins thing very reasonably and I respect him for that.

Regarding the Higgins thing he was NOT Found guilty at all.

He was found guilty of being a tad nieve, snake hissed and Stupid Hands up who has not been either of those things at times i know i have.

Regarding shutting down debate there is no bucking debate its done and dusted with Snookerbacker like everyone else needs to move on from it.

Postby Dan-cat

Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:
In the mean time let's enjoy this magical game.

Hallelujah to that Incy!! Another cracking tournament. I just watched the final having been super busy all weekend (two full days of band practice, and a DJ set at a BDSM party - quite a view from the DJ booth - variety is indeed the spice of life!)

Well I didn't see this coming. Higgins playing at his best! Ronnie playing well too. Fascinating, fascinating season.

Pinkie - come back. I miss your irreverent fun. Ignore the fan-boy haters and stop taking things personally me old love.

'If half the world hate you, and the other half love you, you are doing something right' Ricky Gervais

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Hallelujah to that Incy!! Another cracking tournament. I just watched the final having been super busy all weekend (two full days of band practice, and a DJ set at a BDSM party - quite a view from the DJ booth - variety is indeed the spice of life!)

Well I didn't see this coming. Higgins playing at his best! Ronnie playing well too. Fascinating, fascinating season.

Pinkie - come back. I miss your irreverent fun. Ignore the fan-boy haters and stop taking things personally me old love.

'If half the world hate you, and the other half love you, you are doing something right' Ricky Gervais

Wait. What?

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:No JOOL you're right. He should have apologised. But people like this forum have shut down any reasonable debate and haven't half given him an easy ride - it's disgusting actually. The same people would call Ronnie a disgrace for taking a rubbish in the famous Crucible lavatory.

He was found guilty of being a tad nieve, snake hissed and Stupid Hands up who has not been either of those things at times i know i have.

Regarding shutting down debate there is no bucking debate its done and dusted with Snookerbacker like everyone else needs to move on from it.

Buddy, he was "found guilty of failing to report the illegal approach and intentionally giving the impression he was prepared to act in breach of betting rules" and fined 75,000 and suspended (very leniently) for six months. How does all this suggest he was found NOT GUILTY OF ANYTHING as you claim?

If this had been properly debated first day, you wouldn't be getting one of the most crucial pieces of information so badly wrong. You're part of the problem, pal.

Postby Pink Ball

Dan-cat wrote:
Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:
In the mean time let's enjoy this magical game.

Took nothing personally, just got tired of it all buddybold pal. Cheers for your grace though, you've always been a gentleman.

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Buddy, he was "found guilty of failing to report the illegal approach and intentionally giving the impression he was prepared to act in breach of betting rules" and fined 75,000 and suspended (very leniently) for six months. How does all this suggest he was found NOT GUILTY OF ANYTHING as you claim?

If this had been properly debated first day, you wouldn't be getting one of the most crucial pieces of information so badly wrong. You're part of the problem, pal.

failing to report a illegal approach was stupid as i said.

and if a tournament was not actually on with bravado and again stupidly he said something that was not true because there wasent a tournament and it was a leading question from a journo in which he gave an answer stupidly.

if you said to a mate "ill bucking kill you" would you expect to get arrested and charged.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:if you said to a mate "ill bucking kill you" would you expect to get arrested and charged.

Well if I meant it, then yes, you'd think so? Higgins was found guilty of giving the impression he'd breach betting rules. If I gave the impression that I'd kill someone, then that's a very serious matter. Obviously?

Postby Holden Chinaski

Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:if you said to a mate "ill bucking kill you" would you expect to get arrested and charged.

Well if I meant it, then yes, you'd think so? Higgins was found guilty of giving the impression he'd breach betting rules. If I gave the impression that I'd kill someone, then that's a very serious matter. Obviously?

If I was meeting a couple of gangster types in a hotel room, and we would talk about killing someone and how much I could get payed for it and how I would swallow the money... Yes I think I would get arrested.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

As a Higgins fan, when 'that' video first came out I was shocked and thought, that's the end for you John. However, as time went on it seemed to be only one side of the story and when the news of the world refused to hand over the unedited version I knew he was innocent of match fixing. Stupid yes but even Ronnie said in his he has been approached before. i also refuse to believe the governing body would be so corrupt to hide facts to keep a player on the tour. So I trust the governing body to have sufficient reason to find him not guilty just as I trust they had good reason to find Stephen lee guilty. If the 2 judgements had been reversed and if it was lee who was still playing I would have had no problem with that. If you can't trust what the top men in a sport are saying it's probably time to move on. That's why I'm not such a big football fan anymore.