Post a reply

Player Tour Championship Entry Details

Postby Wildey

For John or anyone else thats interested
http://www.worldsnooker.com/PTC1_news(P ... ry_Details)-2236.htm?tid=166

Please download the PDF document below for details on how to enter the first four events in the new Player Tour Championship.

The PTCs are open to all professional and amateur players. Each will have a maximum field of 128 players, so if they are over-subscribed there will be pre-qualifying events.

Read the document below for full details, entry forms and payment forms.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/site_files/Click%20here.pdf

Re: Player Tour Championship Entry Details

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Cheers wild, top man. <ok>

Ken Doherty is in our club Friday evening, the owner phoned me the other day asking me if I wanted to spar with him. Its my son's birthday tomorrow (Friday) so I can't. I'll stick my head in tho as I've booked us a table at a gorgeous Chinese resturant close by. As you do..... :)
Last edited by JohnFromLondonTown on 27 May 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

quintahunter wrote:Great news it will definitely carry ranking points.

yes so winner of each of the PTC will get 2,000 points toward theire official ranking and the winner of the tv final getting 3,000 points with order of merit calculated on prize money.

Postby Wildey

so on this basis the world ranking season starting next month with a tariff of

Winner 2,000
Runner Up 1,600
Semi Final 1280
Quarter Final 1,000
Last 16 760
Last 32 560
Last 64 360

25-27 june... Player Tour Championship 1 (PTC1) Academy

so the chances of John Higgins suspension lifted by then looks Remote at the moment.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:so on this basis the world ranking season starting next month with a tariff of

Winner 2,000
Runner Up 1,600
Semi Final 1280
Quarter Final 1,000
Last 16 760
Last 32 560
Last 64 360

25-27 june... Player Tour Championship 1 (PTC1) Academy

so the chances of John Higgins suspension lifted by then looks Remote at the moment.

Sorry folks, ive not been following the snooker too much lately, what with the weather and it being the close season etc, but is this right enough then that every one of these Players Championships events will carry ranking points counting towards the official rankings?

If so this is good, as it will encourage more of the big names to attend these events.

How about the amateurs, will they gain ranking points or do they simply get money and a place on the Players Championship order of merit?

Whats the prize money structure for these events anyway, per round reached etc? i read a while back there would be a £50,000 prize fund for each of the events, 12 in total is it?

Postby Wildey

well this is how its put down officially.

Rankings
World Ranking Points: Main Tour players competing in the PTCs will receive world ranking points
from the Last 64 round in each PTC and all points earned count towards the Official World Ranking
Winner 2,000
Runner Up 1,600
Semi Final 1280
Quarter Final 1,000
Last 16 760
Last 32 560
Last 64 360

Order of Merit: A separate one year Order of Merit will be in operation for the PTC Series which is
calculated on PTC prize money won. All players will appear on the PTC Order of Merit. Players on
equal positions on the PTC Order of Merit will be ranked according to their best PTC performance
working backwards.

Players Tour Championship Final (17-20 March 2011): The top 24 players (members/non members)
on the final PTC Order of Merit who have played in a minimum 6 PTC events (3 x Europe; 3 x UK) will
qualify for the PTC Final. World Ranking Points will be awarded to Main Tour players from the L24
stage of this event.
Winner 3,000
Runner Up 2,400
Semi Final 1920
Quarter Final 1,000
Last 16 1140
Last 24 860

Places that become available should any player not wish to participate for whatever reason will be
awarded to the next player on the PTC Order of Merit. Seeds 9-24 will play in Round 1, with the
winners playing the top 8 seeds in Round 2.

Postby Wildey

there is potentially 27,000 Ranking points on offer lol

12 Tournos plus the final.

in total 20 Ranking Tournaments :eek:

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:well this is how its put down officially.

Rankings
World Ranking Points: Main Tour players competing in the PTCs will receive world ranking points
from the Last 64 round in each PTC and all points earned count towards the Official World Ranking
Winner 2,000
Runner Up 1,600
Semi Final 1280
Quarter Final 1,000
Last 16 760
Last 32 560
Last 64 360

Order of Merit: A separate one year Order of Merit will be in operation for the PTC Series which is
calculated on PTC prize money won. All players will appear on the PTC Order of Merit. Players on
equal positions on the PTC Order of Merit will be ranked according to their best PTC performance
working backwards.

Players Tour Championship Final (17-20 March 2011): The top 24 players (members/non members)
on the final PTC Order of Merit who have played in a minimum 6 PTC events (3 x Europe; 3 x UK) will
qualify for the PTC Final. World Ranking Points will be awarded to Main Tour players from the L24
stage of this event.
Winner 3,000
Runner Up 2,400
Semi Final 1920
Quarter Final 1,000
Last 16 1140
Last 24 860

Places that become available should any player not wish to participate for whatever reason will be
awarded to the next player on the PTC Order of Merit. Seeds 9-24 will play in Round 1, with the
winners playing the top 8 seeds in Round 2.

Just had a good read over the PDF link there Wild,

makes for good reading.

What we effectively have now is 1 multi event £800,000 ranking tournament with a potential maximum of up to 27,000 ranking points and £180,000 avilable to every Main Tour player who enters.

These events should become the backbone of the tour and will keep the players busy.

This should also help spearhead the charge of snooker into Europe too.

Will the PTC events be screened online?

On another matter i noticed the mention of how qualification for the 2011/12 season will be made up of. It appears the top 64 on the 2 year list will survive. Does this mean Hearn isnt introducing rolling rankings or will he be doing so? If so what will the tour newcomers start the season on?

Postby Wildey

i think Rolling Rankings will be introduced but first and i think it makes sense see how things goes with this before changing to much to soon maybe during the season they will keep a eye on how this will work with rolling rankings and try and inter-grade it for 2011/2012 season maybe.

Postby Wildey

im very happy with this idea i know its best of 5s but ranking points available reflects that hopefully same thing will happen to the World Open where they get say 4,000 or 5,000 points for the winner etc less than the china open.