Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Group 3 !!!!!!!!

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:ronnie should be thnakful that he is in this group
if he had been in a group of Murphy/higgins/trump or Robbo/ding/bingham he would have been dead meat by now

Murphy always bottles it against Ronnie.

At German Masters 2015 he didnt, and even the Premier League Final.

Postby Cheshire Cat

TheRocket wrote:rofl
Hendry: "His first or second gear is still better than the A-game of... (takes his time) most of the players. (just avoided to say Martin Gould)

Clive had a sly jab at him earlier as well. He said 'the difference between Gould's best and his worse is.. larger than most top 30 players'.

That was savage. True, but savage.

Postby Andre147

Will be interesting to hear Ronnie's thoughts...

Knowing him he'll say he was rubbish, which he was at times, but on the whole played solid stuff today.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie fans: who do you want Ronnie to play in the semis?

Against Selby Ronnie will be automatically more focussed I think. Similar like how it was in the Masters.

It's no secret they can't stand each other , so the level of concentration and the will to win badly should be higher.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie fans: who do you want Ronnie to play in the semis?

Against Selby Ronnie will be automatically more focussed I think. Similar like how it was in the Masters.

It's no secret they can't stand each other , so the level of concentration and the will to win badly should be higher.

Agree.

The same happens when Ronnie plays Higgins, with the fact they are good friends.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Agree.

The same happens when Ronnie plays Higgins, with the fact they are good friends.

True. Even though I probably wouldn't call them friends from what I see. More like rivals who just always had huge mutual respect. That's why Ronnie would never play like a Clown against him. Just too much respect.

Postby TheRocket

masterdoctorgenius wrote:against higgins he has lost more important matches than won actually (since 2006: masters final, WC QF, UK semis, Grand prix QF)

against he had also tough losse, but also some great wins (UK semi, 2 Masters finals)

ronnie has to beat higgins in one of the TCs that would be good for my heart rate

He had many painful defeats against Higgins. No doubt. He still won their most important meeting though. The 2001 WC final. Had Higgins won it, he'd be on 5 World titles and Ronnie on 4.

So when everything is done and both eventually retire at some point , we can say this famous match in 2001 has determined in the end that ROS will enter the history book as the superior player.