Post a reply

Why all the hatred for Rob Walker?

Postby SnookerFan

I think the guy is cool.... We're always hearing that people want more razmatazz in the game, but come out and complain about him giving it; "Lets get the boys on the baize....." Personally I think he's cool, and gets busy readying the crowds before the television cameras even kick in.

Rob Walker = :bowdown:

Re: Why all the hatred for Rob Walker?

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:I think the guy is cool.... We're always hearing that people want more razmatazz in the game, but come out and complain about him giving it; "Lets get the boys on the baize....." Personally I think he's cool, and gets busy readying the crowds before the television cameras even kick in.

Second that. And a nice person also as far as I can tell ... after spending 17 loooong days with him in the media room at the Crucible.

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I think the guy is cool.... We're always hearing that people want more razmatazz in the game, but come out and complain about him giving it; "Lets get the boys on the baize....." Personally I think he's cool, and gets busy readying the crowds before the television cameras even kick in.

Second that. And a nice person also as far as I can tell ... after spending 17 loooong days with him in the media room at the Crucible.

I am really trying to resist doing a rude joke about getting his boys on your baize.....

Sorry, I am a horrible person, and was always taught to treat women with more respect then that. I shall now, of course, be commiting suicide.

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:
Monique wrote:

I am really trying to resist doing a rude joke about getting his boys on your baize.....

Sorry, I am a horrible person, and was always taught to treat women with more respect then that. I shall now, of course, be commiting suicide.

Not on the baize please ... blood stains so badly!
Rather do some community work for forums ;)

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Why all the hatred for Rob Walker? I didn't know there was any?

He comes across, to me anyway, with plenty of enthusiasm, loves the game, has a bit of charisma & also throws in a bit of humour. He's all right in my book anyway.

:huh2:

Postby Wildey

as a MC hes tops i like the enthusiasm he has for the game and hes definitely the right man especially after seeing both Rishi Persaud and John Parrott trying to do it in Sheffield and failed miserably.

as a TV Presenter what makes him a good MC is a hindrance as a TV Presenter and not a fan of him as presenter.

he did some commentary for 110sport TV with due respect he was rubbish to put it mildly as a Snooker commentator he might have enthusiasm for snooker but he has ZERO knowledge on shot selection.

Postby N_Castle07

Yeah it is all a bit over the top the way people go on about Rob Walker. There is nothing wrong with him. I don't see how a short introduction for the players can annoy people.