Post a reply

Evergrande China Championship Semi-Finals !!!!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Tuesday 1st ~ Saturday 5th of November at Guangzhou Sports Venue, China

It's Semi-Finals time and we're down to the Last 4, and again for the 2nd consecutive tournament we have Best of 17 Semi-Finals, such a rarity these days.

With WN1 and World Champion Mark Selby already being knocked out, we have Mark Allen up against 4 time World Champion John Higgins, and recently father Shaun Murphy v Stuart Bingham, in a rematch of their 2015 World Final.

Who shall progress to the Final and be one match away from the great winner's prize of £200,000?

DRAW

Semi-Finals

Mark Allen v John Higgins Allen leads 8-7
Multi-session matches Higgins leads 2-0

Shaun Murphy v Stuart Bingham Murphy leads 11-3
Multi-session matches Murphy leads 3-1

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Evergrande China Championship Semi-Finals !!!!!

Postby Andre147

I fancy Allen to win his first multi-session match against Higgins, playing the best Snooker of the tournament thus far.

For the other one... toss of a coin...

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Bingham and Murphy. That reminds me.

Alex0paul wrote:All the idiots cheering on Bingham last night have got their drab, one sided final

:evilgrin:

Sheesh. A Snookerfan never forgets!

Sorry. :emb:

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Scoring errors again. At least it looks like they've fixed the camera wobble. Allen pulls one back.

Long matches! Love it.

Yeah, what's going on with that? From what I've watched, nobody is ever sure what the score is.

Postby TheRocket

masterdoctorgenius wrote:JH and Ronnie cant play well at the same time it seems these days. when the one is playing well the other is in a slump and vice versa.

True. Thats why they keep avoiding each other. With the amount of tournaments though I expect a big ROS-Higgins match soon.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:JH and Ronnie cant play well at the same time it seems these days. when the one is playing well the other is in a slump and vice versa.

True. Thats why they keep avoiding each other. With the amount of tournaments though I expect a big ROS-Higgins match soon.

They were supposed to be playing in this tournament, but Ronnie pulled out.

Postby PoolBoy

TheRocket wrote:

I was looking to see if Higgins wins this, where he would be in the Champion of Champions - he'd be in the opposite half of the draw to Ronnie - so they could only meet in the final next week....so the wait will very likely go on!