Post a reply

Re: World Snooker International Championship Final !!!!!!!!

Postby pasunegirafe

Andre147 wrote:Look who was in the crowd today watching the Final...

Makes you wonder... if he wanted to stay that long in China, why not bother to enter the China Champs?

Maybe he wants to be fresh for the CoC the week after?
But I'm surprised he's still there. Thought he would be home by now.

I wonder if he tried to help Ding like he helped Liang in his final against Trump.

Postby Andre147

If he tried then he failed miserably, just like against Holt.

Ding though payed as bad as I've seen him play. I think frame 3 set the tone for the match. He was going well on his break, lost position, played a tricky pink and missed.

I thought.. after winning the 4th frame the way he did that would give him massive confidence, but no... Ding didn't seem too bothered with the loss, he said afterwards:

"I hoped to turn the match around but I wasn’t playing well. I wasn’t concentrating on the match today so the result didn’t bother me much.”

http://www.worldsnooker.com/selby-crush ... in-daqing/

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:If he tried then he failed miserably, just like against Holt.

Ding though payed as bad as I've seen him play. I think frame 3 set the tone for the match. He was going well on his break, lost position, played a tricky pink and missed.

I thought.. after winning the 4th frame the way he did that would give him massive confidence, but no... Ding didn't seem too bothered with the loss, he said afterwards:

"I hoped to turn the match around but I wasn’t playing well. I wasn’t concentrating on the match today so the result didn’t bother me much.”

Well thats a rubbish atitude for any bucking sportsman least of all playing in front of his home crowd

He deserved to lose and that says all i need to know about his chance of being world champion .....ZERO

you got to fight and fight hard for every scrap. Selby does that when hes not playing well

Postby Iranu

I doubt he's telling the truth there, Wildey.

Didn't catch much of the first session but a good win for Mark. Good to see him winning titles playing well.

For what it's worth I'd put Selby just behind Williams and just ahead of Ding in the all-time standings at this point.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:I doubt he's telling the truth there, Wildey.

Didn't catch much of the first session but a good win for Mark. Good to see him winning titles playing well.

For what it's worth I'd put Selby just behind Williams and just ahead of Ding in the all-time standings at this point.

In terms of being World No 1 he has surpassed John Higgins

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:I doubt he's telling the truth there, Wildey.

I agree, I don't believe a word of that.

Trust me, he was desperate to win and tried his hardest to do so, but it just did not happen for him for whatever reason. He got humiliated, simple as that. These comments are simply an attempt to deflect some of the embarrassment he was no doubt feeling. Kind of like some of the stuff Ronnie used to come out with.

"Yeah, you beat me, but I wasn't trying my hardest anyway"

Childish comment, but understandable.

Postby PLtheRef

Andre147 wrote:If he tried then he failed miserably, just like against Holt.

Tongue in cheek they might prove to be but concerning for Ding if this is the case.

I always thought it'd be interesting to see how Ding reacted to the Crucible Final defeat considering that even though he managed to get Selby within his sights once or twice, he could never get level with him having had the nightmare of slipping 6-0.

The signs though have been encouraging so far. Three Finals in five tournaments entered and I'm fairly sure he's second behind Selby on the one year list. Yes today was deeply disappointing for him - possibly more so because it's an event in China but these comments don't bode well.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie and Ding in the after-party... At least Ding's smiling, that's a positive :-)

His game is in good shape, even the greats have had very heavy defeats like this one. Ding will comeback stronger and be in the business end of tournaments again. Doubt this defeat will hurt his confidence.