Post a reply

Re: World Snooker International Championship Final !!!!!!!!

Postby pasunegirafe

Steamroll from Selby.
10-1. Damn. Ya know, it could have been 10-0 had Selby gotten that cannon in the 4th frame :gag:.

Congrats Mark! :win: :D Solid performance, put the pressure on Ding from the start, and never let up.

Commiserations to Ding and Ding fans. I'm sure he'll bounce back quickly.

Postby SnookerFan

pasunegirafe wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Eurosport cut off the trophy presentation. What's the point? They're scheduled to be on until half-two.

I know, right? What the hell?! :wild:
Dutch commentator said (yes, ES NL finally showed the 2nd session) they can't show it because it takes too long :bump1:

Too long? They have two and a half hours to kill.

How the buck long does it take? rofl

They've both got another tournament on Tuesday...
Last edited by SnookerFan on 10 Nov 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Hes won more world titles than Robertson who in my eyes is the better player. So is Ding.

:chin:

Whats your point, bringing this now? One match changing the whole complexion now? Or are you just trolling?

I still think Robertson and Ding at their best are better players than Selby at his best.

In this tournament however Selby was by far the best player so congrats to him.

Postby PoolBoy

Well, that was an anti-climax!
I was looking forward to an afternoon's snooker with a thrilling conclusion...
Shame for Ding, but Selby was the better player on the day.

Where does that put The Jester now?

That's him currently on 9 ranking wins - he's now in the same 'bracket' as John Parrott and Peter Ebdon.
Parrott and Ebdon both won a World Championship and a UK title, each - but neither won the Masters.
Selby has 2 World Championships plus a UK title - and has 3 Masters triumphs to his name.

So, on the all-time list, I think we can now certainly rate Mark Selby in the Top 10.....

Postby TheRocket

Selby could become an all time great in near future if he wins a few more rankers. In terms of TC's he probably has done just enough. Even though one more UK would be not bad.

MJW for me will always be the greater player but its all about statistics. And statistically he could very soon equal or even overhaul Mark Williams. Especially with the amount of ranking tournaments.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Congratulations to Mark!

A very disappointing final though, similar really to the Masters in January. Ding just wasn't there at all today, posed no threat whatsoever in any department of the game, and when you give someone like Mark Selby zero reason to fear you, he's going to do the job on you.