Post a reply

Ricky Waldens Ranking

Postby Lou147

Would anyone who knows more about rankings than me be kind enough to explain to me what Ricky has to do over the next few tournaments to get into the Masters? Hes only got 3 tournaments to do something about it if I'm not mistaken

Re: Ricky Waldens Ranking

Postby Wildey

Lou147 wrote:Would anyone who knows more about rankings than me be kind enough to explain to me what Ricky has to do over the next few tournaments to get into the Masters? Hes only got 3 tournaments to do something about it if I'm not mistaken

hes only got 2 tournaments Northern Ireland Open and UK Championship.

he is in 17th place all he can hope is to win as much matches as he can if he starts to think about things too much he will falter.

Postby TheSaviour

Ricky´s tactically sound player. Which isn´t the case with many top-16 players. That´s one reason I hope Ricky will make it. Obviously top-16 break-building wise is almost as strong as it can just possible be. Let´s take Ding for example. He even isn´t mentally strong. I know that because I am mentally strong myself. :chin: But how Ding still can take one, any, shot with a 100% concentration, AND that he hardly misses the cue ball control.

That´s just bizarre.

How he can create such a total-snooker atmosphere and situation.

It is a very tiring to watch his matches. Not to even mention when you need to be out there trying to match him. But even that doesn´t mean he would win every match or tournament. Everyone will have their off-days and bogeymens. You really can´t take seriously everything the top-player talks because they have their fantasies to win tournaments on the trot. Which is hardly going to happen. These aims with the rankings are realistic goals and stuff. That´s why I will much rather comment on these topics. Than some day-dreaming to win almost everything. Forgetting there are other as good players out there also. >-( >-(

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:Ricky´s tactically sound player. Which isn´t the case with many top-16 players. That´s one reason I hope Ricky will make it. Obviously top-16 break-building wise is almost as strong as it can just possible be. Let´s take Ding for example. He even isn´t mentally strong. I know that because I am mentally strong myself. :chin: But how Ding still can take one, any, shot with a 100% concentration, AND that he hardly misses the cue ball control.

That´s just bizarre.

How he can create such a total-snooker atmosphere and situation.

It is a very tiring to watch his matches. Not to even mention when you need to be out there trying to match him. But even that doesn´t mean he would win every match or tournament. Everyone will have their off-days and bogeymens. You really can´t take seriously everything the top-player talks because they have their fantasies to win tournaments on the trot. Which is hardly going to happen. These aims with the rankings are realistic goals and stuff. That´s why I will much rather comment on these topics. Than some day-dreaming to win almost everything. Forgetting there are other as good players out there also. >-( >-(

Well, you certainly are. :dizzy:

Postby PoolBoy

sundaygirl wrote::bump:

How many matches must Ricky win so SnookerFan and myself can watch him at Ally Pally?

I reckon quarter-finals at least!

The Provisional rankings include the money won in this tournament and Ricky is currently in 16th place - BUT, Ronnie (as holder) automatically qualifies. http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?template=35

So he'll (Ricky) have to overtake somebody. Mark Williams is over £17,000 ahead. Reaching the last 16 is 'only' worth £15,000, while a quarter-final earns £22,500. So that has to be his target. However, that's assuming MJW loses in the first round and gains nothing on his current prize-money.

It might require a semi-final! (if I've worked this out correctly!)

Postby SnookerFan

How many matches must Ricky win so SnookerFan and myself can watch him at Ally Pally?

:D

Postby PoolBoy

That's a tough match to call!
Ricky obviously needs to win to keep his Masters chances alive - the winner will play Peter Lines or Liam Highfield, so will start favourite in that one...still a chance for The Walnut!

Postby SnookerFan

Well, that worked.