Yes or No

Yes
46%
No
33%
Maybe
21%

Total votes : 24

Re: Will Ronnie ever beat the Hitman Holt again?

Postby SnookerFan

I don't see why not.

Ronnie O'Sullivan is one of the greatest, if not the greatest, player who has ever lived. And I say that as somebody who doesn't like him.

It baffles me that there are actual fans of his that would post this sort of poll. <doh>

Postby Sickpotter

Cloud Strife wrote:Three times in a row he's lost to this muppet. We're going to be getting into bunny territory soon the way this is going.

:roll:

Muppet? Muppets don't beat players of Ronnie's caliber (even if he is showing bouts of weakness).

Muppets don't make it into the top 20 in the world.

I know you get upset whenever Ronnie loses but ease off the cheap shots.

Postby TheRocket

I think, he'll beat him the next time they play.

Saying that, who knows when the next time will be. Could be years, maybe never again. They hadn't played for 8 and a half years when they finally met in March this year.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:I think, he'll beat him the next time they play.

Saying that, who knows when the next time will be. Could be years, maybe never again. They hadn't played for 8 and a half years when they finally met in March this year.

I was almost 100% sure Ronnie wouldn't lose this time, especially being a Best of 11 format, but he somehow managed to cockerel it up!

His best chance now would be a best of 17 or something, or a first round match at crucible for instance.

Can't believe I'm actually saying Ronnie's best chance to beat Holt is in a long format <doh> this ain't no Robbo, Selby, Trump, it's Michael bucking Holt we're talking about!

Postby Sickpotter

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I think, he'll beat him the next time they play.

I was almost 100% sure Ronnie wouldn't lose this time, especially being a Best of 11 format, but he somehow managed to cockerel it up!

His best chance now would be a best of 17 or something, or a first round match at crucible for instance.

Can't believe I'm actually saying Ronnie's best chance to beat Holt is in a long format <doh> this ain't no Robbo, Selby, Trump, it's Michael bucking Holt we're talking about!

Wonder how any of you would fair againt Michael "bucking" Holt?

The chances for the higher ranked player to win drops as the match length drops.

Every single pro on the tour can reel off a few frames in a row. Holt is in the top 30 and seasoned so he's got an even better chance of doing it.

Why so shocked? :shrug:

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

"I think the main thing about facing Ronnie is not letting him effect how you play. If you can do that then you’ve got a great chance," said Holt.

Pfff... This boy has nothing accomplished and he says that.

I find it enough pretentious and simplistic to say that.

He supposedly said : " today i played well and Ronnie wasn't at top of his game and i took advantage......" it was better.

Postby Andre147

Holt didn't say anything wrong though did he?

Often players let the fact that they're playing the legend Ronnie o'Sullivan get into their head and therefore they can't produce their best game.

Happened with Davis and Hendry too, Ronnie's no diferent. If the players playing him can get that out of their heads, then as Holt says they have as good a chance as anyone.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

Have as good a chance as anyone ok. But "You've got a great chance" to win. Great difference.

If it was so simple. But it's not just in the head.

Ronnie played poor today and Holt not bad. The difference is there.

If you are not afraid to play Ronnie but that him play very well, he has most of chances to win than majority of players.

These two players aren't same category/class.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:Holt didn't say anything wrong though did he?

Often players let the fact that they're playing the legend Ronnie o'Sullivan get into their head and therefore they can't produce their best game.

Happened with Davis and Hendry too, Ronnie's no diferent. If the players playing him can get that out of their heads, then as Holt says they have as good a chance as anyone.

Exactly.

I,ve been sayin that for ages,most o the players,if in fact all o them know that themselves,but the BIG problem is,it,s always easier said than done.

No,i don,t claim to know it all,but I,ve watched most of Ronnies matches,so i know what i,m taklin about,and no,i,m not disrepecting Ronnie at all,but there have been many,many matches over the years where Ron has played breathtakin stuff,where he has steamrolled opponents,but there has also been many matches in which he really should,nt have won,especially the matches where he gave,left certain opponents chances/even plenty of chances,only that they went on to blow them/squander them,many choked,bottled shots at crucial times and when they did have a good chance,good chances to finish him off,they just could,nt get the job done.

As you say,it happened many times with Davis n Hendry.

This trio fully earned that AURA they had,thanx to it,it helped them win many matches.

I can recall Steve Davis saying not long ago,along the lines of,that most of Ronnies opponents,players are,nt scared of him anymore,at least they are,nt as scared of him anymore as they were.

Holty has obviously found a way to block off this being put off cause he,s playing a legend of the game,good on him for that.

Most of you,if not all,feel the same about certain players down at your club.

I eg,often play against the 2nd best player in my club,it,s a whole diffrent ball game if you know that you will get more chances from certain players than others,i know full well that eg,i,m not gonna get as many chances from him as i,d get from many of the other players in my club,often,even if i do catch him on an off day,and i get more chances than i usually get from him,i feel the pressure,i try n block it out,but often i go and squander them,even though of course,the pro,s play is a totally diffrent level,you can still get the feeling what pressure does,how a top player can get to your head.

Postby PLtheRef

i think the chances are he will start favourite, but then again, I think Holt would have been underdog in

Interesting point that Matt from PSB observed on twitter earlier. Holt is the first player to record three ranking wins over O'Sullivan in a calendar year since John Higgins back in 2009

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Holt didn't say anything wrong though did he?

I agree. It's just a fact that there are decent players that can't produce their a game against Ronnie because they are nervous. Shaun Murphy for example, always seems nervous.

That's not insulting to Ronnie, it proves how great he is that people are scared to play him.

Holt was right, your only chance to beat Ronnie is to play the table, not the opponent.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 12 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

Sickpotter wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Three times in a row he's lost to this muppet. We're going to be getting into bunny territory soon the way this is going.

Muppet? Muppets don't beat players of Ronnie's caliber (even if he is showing bouts of weakness).

Holt is a clown who shouldn't even be in the same room as Ronnie.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:

Holt is a clown who shouldn't even be in the same room as Ronnie.

You are a clown, and shouldn't be on the same forum as people who talk sense.

Postby Wildey

Is there a strength in depth or is there not?

Holt is in the top 32 and has been there for best part of 10 years.

if there is a strength in depth there surely Holt beating Ronnie is not that big a surprise.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Is there a strength in depth or is there not?

Holt is in the top 32 and has been there for best part of 10 years.

if there is a strength in depth there surely Holt beating Ronnie is not that big a surprise.

:goodpost:

Postby Pink Ball

Sickpotter wrote:

I forgot how fun this guy was