Post a reply

World Snooker International Championship Last 16 !!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Sunday 23rd~ Sunday 30th of October at the Baihu Media Broadcasting Centre, Daqing, China

Last 16 of the International Championship, and defending champion John Higgins is still in it, as well as China's number 1 player Ding Junhui, European Masters Champion Jud Trump playing against a rejuvenated James Wattana, as well as the likes of 5 time World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan, Neil Robertson, plus WN1 and World Champion Mark Selby, the latter playing against recent English Open champion Liang Wenbo, in what promisses to be the tie of the round.

Who shall progress one round further and into the Quarter-Finals?

DRAW

Last 16

John Higgins v Zhou Yuelong Higgins leads 2-0
Ding Junhui v Ricky Walden Walden leads 4-2
Judd Trump v James Wattana Trump leads 5-0
Sam Baird v Shaun Murphy Never played before
--------------------------------------------------
Stuart Bingham v Ali Carter Carter leads 15-5
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Michael Holt O'Sullivan leads 5-3
Neil Robertson v Joe Perry Robertson leads 11-9
Liang Wenbo v Mark Selby Wenbo leads 4-3

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: World Snooker International Championship Last 16 !!!

Postby Andre147

Times are GMT

7:30am

John Higgins v Zhou Yuelong TV match
Sam Baird v Shaun Murphy
Stuart Bingham v Allister Carter
Liang Wenbo v Mark Selby TV match

12:30pm

Ding Junhui v Ricky Walden TV match
Judd Trump v James Wattana
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Michael Holt TV match
Neil Robertson v Joe Perry

Postby Andre147

Selby v Wenbo is a cracker, sadly it's way too early for me, but I'll watch highlights of it later.

As for Ronnie, he should and most likely will get revenge after two bad losses against Holt previously. At the WGP he started playing well from 3-0 down but it was a bit too late for that. In Shanghai, he was clearly match rusty.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:Selby v Wenbo is a cracker, sadly it's way too early for me, but I'll watch highlights of it later.

As for Ronnie, he should and most likely will get revenge after two bad losses against Holt previously. At the WGP he started playing well from 3-0 down but it was a bit too late for that. In Shanghai, he was clearly match rusty.

Hi there!

Could you give me a quick summary how Ronnie is doing so far this week? Performance / attitude?
Thanks!

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Selby v Wenbo is a cracker, sadly it's way too early for me, but I'll watch highlights of it later.

Hi there!

Could you give me a quick summary how Ronnie is doing so far this week? Performance / attitude?
Thanks!

Performance wise it's been business like, just doing enough to win his matches. Started well against Xiao and Maflin, both 2-0 up, but seemed to run out of gas a bit, and their opponents played well after that too. Ronnie played better yesterday, today if Maflin had gone 5-3 up things could have gone diferent...

Attitude been very good so far, not taking any silly risks or shots on, and playing safe when he has to.

Now plays Holt as you know.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Hi there!

Thanks!

Performance wise it's been business like, just doing enough to win his matches. Started well against Xiao and Maflin, both 2-0 up, but seemed to run out of gas a bit, and their opponents played well after that too. Ronnie played better yesterday, today if Maflin had gone 5-3 up things could have gone diferent...

Attitude been very good so far, not taking any silly risks or shots on, and playing safe when he has to.

Now plays Holt as you know.

OK, that's better than I expected to be honest.

I would love him to win this tournament, his first ranker in China for 7 years now.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
OK, that's better than I expected to be honest.

I would love him to win this tournament, his first ranker in China for 7 years now.

Yeah far too long. This is the best China tournament now, at least money ranking wise, it's equal to winning the UK Champs.

But it's still a long way from winning the tournament, I certainly won't be thinking about that being China and all.

Postby hendry_fan

Well,welll,wellll,what do i see,Yet again Ronnie is up against Holty.

It would be really something if Holty can pull off the hattrick against Ronnie and win 3 matches in a row againmst him.

COME ON MICHAEL!,make it buisness as usual,you beat him in the last 2 meetings,time to do it again,send the predictable,borin old Ronnie packin. :-D

Lovely to see Wattana in the last 16 in a ranking tourney again,i wonder when the last time he got so far in a ranker.

Whats up with Selbs,has he gotten bored with the hideous chocolate,gravy brownish looking clothing he wore for a while,this morning he,s sporting very suave black. :-)

Postby Dan-cat

I turn on and Wenbo is potting them off the lampshades. Ace! Such a beautiful player to watch.

C'mon, turn Selby over!! 2-1 with a century.

As for Holt, he can't string more than a couple of wins together. What's the point of him again?

Morning HF :)

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:I turn on and Wenbo is potting them off the lampshades. Ace! Such a beautiful player to watch.

C'mon, turn Selby over!! 2-1 with a century.

As for Holt, he can't string more than a couple of wins together. What's the point of him again?

Morning HF :)

Morning Dan-C,

I,ve never liked and have never been intrested in Holty,in fact the only time i have any interest in him is when he beats Ron.

I,m only jokin btw,Holtys a good geezer,i like him,when he beats Ron,i even :love: him.

;-) <laugh>

Postby Andre147

So far this morning all 3 favourites have won, Higgins, Murphy and Bingham, although Bingo wasn0t that huge favourite against Carter.

Selby could be on his way home.

CMON WENBO!

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:So far this morning all 3 favourites have won, Higgins, Murphy and Bingham, although Bingo wasn0t that huge favourite against Carter.

Selby could be on his way home.

CMON WENBO!

BINGHAM GOT CRUCIBLE REVENGE! :D

Carter didn't beat Bingham at the Crucible. The CRUCIBLE CURSE DID