Post a reply

This Haining Open Discussion On Twitter

Postby SnookerFan

What's all this about?

Snookerbacker has mentioned it, and a few of the pros are acting like they know nothing about it. A tournament currently being played in China, with tour cards up for grabs, but hasn't been advertised to all pros?

Anybody know what's going on?

Re: This Haining Open Discussion On Twitter

Postby PoolBoy

I have no idea what's going on!
The final couple of slots in the Champion-of-Champion were earmarked for the winners of the next tournaments - International Championship and China Championship.

Confused.com

Postby TheSaviour

Good. I know many people involved are awfully outspoken. By nature, naturally.

I am always going to be a fan of just seeing top-players showing their physical capabilities and skills. When just watching computer screen (or even television screen, if it is a stunt) you never know who are you dealing with. But my question always is that who is the one whose ideas are widely respected and saluted..? And whose are not? So.. You figure. Physical capabilities and practises aren´t everything there are. That´s why I support the idea of twitter. If the idea or an innovation is just good enough then just is good enough.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:Good. I know many people involved are awfully outspoken. By nature, naturally.

I am always going to be a fan of just seeing top-players showing their physical capabilities and skills. When just watching computer screen (or even television screen, if it is a stunt) you never know who are you dealing with. But my question always is that who is the one whose ideas are widely respected and saluted..? And whose are not? So.. You figure. Physical capabilities and practises aren´t everything there are. That´s why I support the idea of twitter. If the idea or an innovation is just good enough then just is good enough.

Well, I'm glad somebody said it. :gag:

Postby Dan-cat

Gouldy-balls is in this! Must be hot favourite? From a cursory glance he seems the highest ranked player. I thought Selty-balls was also in this - who right now I'd rate above Martin but can't see him.

Look - here are the results: http://www.cbsa.org.cn/news/2016/1019/133671.html

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Gouldy-balls is in this! Must be hot favourite? From a cursory glance he seems the highest ranked player. I thought Selty-balls was also in this - who right now I'd rate above Martin but can't see him.

Look - here are the results: http://www.cbsa.org.cn/news/2016/1019/133671.html

I am always going to be a fan of just seeing top-players showing their physical capabilities and skills. When just watching computer screen (or even television screen, if it is a stunt) you never know who are you dealing with. But my question always is that who is the one whose ideas are widely respected and saluted..? And whose are not?

Postby PoolBoy

What I'm seeing from the draw is that it's a 128 player tournament - and 15 players from the UK entered.

12 won their games to progress to the last-64 stage.

The losing players were Paul Davison, Jimmy Robertson and Peter McCullagh (a 'veteran' amateur!)

Through to the Last-64:

Craig Steadman
David Grace
Eden Sharav
Jak Jones
Jamie Rhys Clarke
Mark King
Martin Gould
Martin O'Donnell
Matt Selt
Ross Muir
Sean O'Sullivan
Tom Ford

Postby PoolBoy

UK players results in last-64:

Craig Steadman 4-2 win
David Grace 3-4 loss
Eden Sharav 4-1 win
Jak Jones 4-0 win
Mark King 4-0 win
Martin Gould 4-1 win
Martin O'Donnell 4-1 Jamie Rhys Clarke
Matt Selt 4-1 win
Ross Muir 4-1 win
Sean O'Sullivan 4-0 win
Tom Ford 4-1 win

Postby PoolBoy

Last 32 - results:

Ju Reti 4-1 Chen Feilong
Kwan Poomjaeng 4-1 Lee Chun Wai
Sean O'Sullivan 4-0 Wu Zhe
Matt Selt 4-1 Lyu Haotian
Martin O'Donnell 1-4 Niu Zhuang
Eden Sharav 4-0 Wang Yuchen
Martin Gould 4-0 Bai Liangning
Kurt Maflin 3-4 Huang Jiahao
Li Hang 4-2 Pang Junxu
Ross Muir 1-4 Rouzi Maimaiti
Lu Ning 2-4 Li Yuan
Xiao Guodong 2-4 Jak Jones
Mark King 4-0 Luo Honghao
Noppon Saengkham 4-2 Tang Jun
Tom Ford 4-1 Zhang Yong
Craig Steadman 2-4 Zhang Anda

Postby PoolBoy

Last 16 - results:

Ju Reti 4-1 Kwan Poomjaeng
Sean O'Sullivan 2-4 Matt Selt
Niu Zhuang 2-4 Eden Sharav
Martin Gould 4-3 Huang Jiahao
Li Hang 4-2 Rouzi Maimaiti
Li Yuan 3-4 Jak Jones
Mark King 4-3 Noppon Saengkham
Tom Ford 2-4 Zhang Anda

Postby MignonSnooker

Semis
Matthew Selt 4–3 Martin Gould
Li Hang4–3 Zhang Anda

FINAL

Stream http://www.top-snooker.com/news/3020

Scroll down to the links above the 5th photo, where it's written "Доступны трансляции с турнира: СТОЛ1, СТОЛ4, СТОЛ5" (whatever it means) then click on one of the links. I'm watching on the first СТОЛ1 > http://123.103.12.169:8088/flvvideo1/index.html

At the moment:
Matthew Selt 3(9) 2 Li Hang