Post a reply

Re: Coral English Open Final !!!!!!

Postby TheRocket

Don't really like his antics, celebrations or so but it's fair to say he's definitely always had the ability to win a ranking title and today he's done it. Deservedly.

Postby eraserhead

Have to say though Wenbo was the better player and if he had a cooler head he could really win a lot more.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Liang is a funny guy, isn't he?

Yes, sometimes he reminds me of Michael Holt. With the difference of being a better player overall and Holt isn't the clown anymore he once was.

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:Have to say though Wenbo was the better player and if he had a cooler head he could really win a lot more.

Agree.

Right now he wont care about the 1 million crap talk.. he might even get knocked out early in Belfast. What nmatters now is he's a new ranking event winner.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Those last two frames were great. The clearances were just superb and showed tremendous bottle.

I cringed at Liang's premature celebrations, but I'm delighted for him. Selby did it against Maflin at the Crucible in 2015, Hawkins likewise at the Crucible, if players like that can show such emotion then I'm more than happy to see Liang celebrating a well deserved ranking victory.
Last edited by Cheshire Cat on 16 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:In Ireland, will they bring Alex Higgins out?

rofl

At The Masters will they bring Paul Hunter out? The trophy will also have his name.

We shouldn't joke with stuff like this though.

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Liang will join Ryan Day on 3 ranking final losses without a win.

No. :wave:

More importantly was it bland?

Postby Gridlock

First tournament I've watched proper this season, and it was sublime. Kudos to TheWenbo! Now enjoying the dram of Ardbeg! G'night mates.

Postby Andre147

ronniesrun wrote:Liang is an idiot. Needs to learn to act with a bit more decorum and not jump around like a baboon.

Idiot or not, at least he could do what Ronnie didn't manage a week ago. Win the FInal. :wave:

Liang :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:In Ireland, will they bring Alex Higgins out?

rofl

At The Masters will they bring Paul Hunter out? The trophy will also have his name.

We shouldn't joke with stuff like this though.

No, quite right.

Postby SnookerFan

ronniesrun wrote:Liang is an idiot. Needs to learn to act with a bit more decorum and not jump around like a baboon.

He does come across like he tries too hard to be funny.

Postby dale or swail

Rubbish, it is great to see a player with a bit of personality.

Postby Lou147

Cheshire Cat wrote:Those last two frames were great. The clearances were just superb and showed tremendous bottle.

I cringed at Liang's premature celebrations, but I'm delighted for him. Selby did it against Maflin at the Crucible in 2015, Hawkins likewise at the Crucible, if players like that can show such emotion then I'm more than happy to see Liang celebrating a well deserved ranking victory.

Who did Hawkins do it against at Sheffield? Was that in 2014 when he started punching the rail?

Postby Wildey

unbelievable comment <doh> <doh>

people are different and its great to see people react in different ways when they achieve something they really want.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:There's a couple of kids playing knockdown ginger in my hotel.

They're apparently teenage girls. Maybe I should've been the one knocking on their doors. :evilgrin:

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:

unbelievable comment <doh> <doh>

people are different and its great to see people react in different ways when they achieve something they really want.

If I'd been a snooker professional for 11 years, in the shadow of Ding, thought of little else, and worked as hard as he has - I'd be screaming my head off!!

So lovely to see some emotion in this often subdued game. I love that he celebrated early too. Made it even more exciting.

What a match! I had an 8 hour band practice yesterday, so avoided the internet.. watched late last night and early this morning. Loved every minute. A victory for snooker, just like last week's final.