Post a reply

Hollywood style for the Jester

Postby Monique

http://www.markselby.info/viewer.html?i ... edid=12281

Mark Selby has been honoured on a Hollywood-style Walk of Fame.

Selby, who reached the semi-finals of the World Championship this month, saw his name set in stone at a special ceremony in his home town of Leicester.

He said: “I feel very privileged and honoured. There are lots of great sports people from Leicester, so to be recognised in this way is a great honour and shows how far I have come.

“I’m very proud to say Leicester is my home, and something like this is another great way of helping put the city on the map.”

Selby joins other Leicester celebrities in having plaques unveiled on the Walk of Fame, including singer Engelbert Humperdinck and Adrian Mole author Sue Townsend.

Set to be included in future sections of the walk are Sir David Attenborough, Lord Richard Attenborough, Gok Wan, Gary Lineker, DNA pioneer Sir Alec Jeffries, and Bend it Like Beckham star Parminder Nagra.

For more pictures, see the Personal Gallery

there are more pictures available on Facebook also.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 0c83d94a38

Re: Hollywood style for the Jester

Postby Wildey

its great that snooker is recognized in this way when you consider Gary Lineker,Sir David Attenborough and Lord Richard Attenborough hasn't been honered Yet.

Postby N_Castle07

The greatest was when Stephen Hendry was the first sportsman ever to have his hand prints outside the new Wembly even before any footballers.

Postby Wildey

N_Castle07 wrote:The greatest was when Stephen Hendry was the first sportsman ever to have his hand prints outside the new Wembly even before any footballers.

yes that is definitely something to tell the grand kids.

all the sportsmen thats played wembly over the years especially footballers and Hendry was the first to get a hand print.

Postby N_Castle07

wildJONESEYE wrote:
N_Castle07 wrote:The greatest was when Stephen Hendry was the first sportsman ever to have his hand prints outside the new Wembly even before any footballers.

all the sportsmen thats played wembly over the years especially footballers and Hendry was the first to get a hand print.

He really did own the Masters in the early days. I beleive they gave him the original trophy???

Postby Wildey

the masters trophy Steve Davis won in 1988 was the original trophy they brought out a new trophy for 1989 and Stephen Hendry won it nobody else got their hands on that and in 1993 they gave it to Hendry so they had to get another trophy for 1994 won by Mcmanus for the first time.

question is what happened to the original trophy in 1988 ? nothing was made of that.

Postby SnookerFan

N_Castle07 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

He really did own the Masters in the early days. I beleive they gave him the original trophy???

The master of The Masters, they called him.

Postby Roland

Wow, the Bend it Like Beckham star - what company to keep. Hollywood eat your heart out :redneck: