Post a reply

Coral English Open Last 32 and Last 16 !!!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Monday 10th ~ Sunday 16th of October at EventCity, Manchester

Day 3 completed and the biggest upset of the day was World Champion and WN1 Mark Selby losing 4-3 to Liam Highfield.

With still many top players left in the tournament, including European Masters Champion Judd Trump and Runner-Up Ronnie O'Sullivan both scoring dramatic 4-3 wins over their opponents, who shall win their Last 32 match and move into the Last 16?

DRAW

Last 32

Liam Highfield v Ryan Day Day leads 2-0
Barry Hawkins v David Grace Hawkins leads 2-0
Kritsanut Lertsattayathorn v Ricky Walden Walden leads 1-0
Yan Bingtao v Mark Allen Never played before
John Higgins v Fraser Patrick Never played before
Tom Ford v Joe Swail Swail leads 3-0
Ian Preece v Mark Williams Never played before
Martin Gould v Judd Trump Trump leads 10-5
-------------------------------------------------------------
Liang Wenbo v Fergal O'Brien Wenbo leads 5-2
Ali Carter v Ben Woollaston Woollaston leads 3-1
Stuart Carrington v Anthony Hamilton Carrington leads 2-0
Jak Jones v Ding Junhui Never played before
Neil Robertson v Xiao Guodong Robertson leads 2-0
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Chris Wakelin O'Sullivan leads 1-0
Rhys Clark v Kyren Wilson Never played before
David Gilbert v Stuart Bingham Bingham leads 7-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Last edited by Andre147 on 13 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Coral English Open Last 32

Postby Andre147

Only just checked that tomorrow they'll have both the Last 32 rounds and Last 16 on the same day.

Sessions will start at 12pm, then followed by 1pm session and then the 2:30pm session will end the Last 32.

Last 16 starts at 7pm with 4 tables on, and then again at 8pm.

Re: Coral English Open Last 32 and Last 16 !!!!

Postby whitespider

I saw Xintong play Woollaston earlier this year in the China Open qualifers in Barnsley. They put it on one of the tables round the back where there was only 9 seats which were right next to the table down the side. Best view I've ever had at a snooker match. So close. Despite it only being 9 seats it wasn't full. Think most people will be checking him out after last night and he won't be banished to the back!

Woollaston did a job on him that day though. Xintongs break building was a little off and Ben was on it. As people saw last night Xintong will leave plenty of chances at the moment. Reckon it will take him three years to iron this out and develop a good safety game. Hopefully there is no over expectation on him to deliver before this. My memory is hazy but I think Ronnie's matchplay was better in his teens than Zhao's is now.

Plenty of time though - Bingtao the man to watch today. I think he will hit the top quicker. Less of a natural but his all round game is better I would say from the few matches I've seen.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Morning! Xintong was sooo good. Best break building I've seen post-Ronnie. Ace!

Typical really. I was in bed, and couldn't sleep.

May as well have stayed and watched the match.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Morning! Xintong was sooo good. Best break building I've seen post-Ronnie. Ace!

Typical really. I was in bed, and couldn't sleep.

May as well have stayed and watched the match.

You won't like it. He plays snooker like Ronnie and Trump :P

Postby PoolBoy

whitespider wrote:I saw Xintong play Woollaston earlier this year in the China Open qualifers in Barnsley. They put it on one of the tables round the back where there was only 9 seats which were right next to the table down the side. Best view I've ever had at a snooker match. So close. Despite it only being 9 seats it wasn't full. Think most people will be checking him out after last night and he won't be banished to the back!

Woollaston did a job on him that day though. Xintongs break building was a little off and Ben was on it. As people saw last night Xintong will leave plenty of chances at the moment. Reckon it will take him three years to iron this out and develop a good safety game. Hopefully there is no over expectation on him to deliver before this. My memory is hazy but I think Ronnie's matchplay was better in his teens than Zhao's is now.

Plenty of time though - Bingtao the man to watch today. I think he will hit the top quicker. Less of a natural but his all round game is better I would say from the few matches I've seen.

You did mention him in the last post on this thread from last December - as did I in the original post! viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6291#p403467
However, my other 2 players haven't done as well as I expected throughout 2016!

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Though, knowing my luck, it'll be another Ronnie vs Judd final in Manchester. rofl

At least it'll be over early, and I can get back to the hotel for a pint. <ok>

Both had narrow escapes yesterday. Ronnie was definitely flustered by him. I can't wait to see him at the Crucible! He looks like a young Buddha also. More reason to like him!

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:This thread is pinned. :shock:

What an innovative new concept.

I always use the 'active topics' link as the pins are usually out of date.

Zhao has already beaten big stars. In 2013 at the International Championship he knocked out six-times World Champion Steve Davis, at just the age of 16, who went on to say: "This boy was astonishingly good and better than anybody I have ever seen at that age - and that includes Ronnie O'Sullivan!"

Postby Andre147

Last 32 TV matches

12pm
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Chris Wakelin

NB1pm
Martin Gould v Judd Trump

NB2:30pm
John Higgins v Fraser Patrick

Also on the stream will be:

Neil Robertson v Xiao Guodong
David Gilbert v Stuart Bingham
Ian Preece v Mark Williams

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Andre147 wrote:First chance Wakelin, with Ronnie missing 2 sitters so far.

missed only 1. first was a saftey error

my bad

Postby whitespider

Dan-cat wrote:Fact fans. Zhao only has a two-year tour card because Pankaj Advani declined his.

Very true though the rumour was they would have given him a card in anycase because of his perfomances in the events that he was a top up player for. They would have just annouced Winer and Runner Up gets a tour card! :D