Post a reply

Re: Coral English Open last 128 !!!!!!

Postby whitespider

Anyone know whether Jimmy said something dodgy in broadcasting terms live on air last night?

I wasn't watching till later but my mate (admittedely after a few pints) reckons that Matt Smith had to cover it up quickly. It was immediately after a pre recorded interview between Jimmy and Ronnie at the top of the show.

My mate's prone to bulls*it and exaggerate so I won't say what it was in case he's doing exactly that.

No-one else in the thread above has mentioned anything so I'm assuming exaggeration is the order of the day.

In other news - really looking forward to Ronnie vs Xintong. If Xintong is playing with confidence it should be a cracker.

Postby SnookerFan

whitespider wrote:Anyone know whether Jimmy said something dodgy in broadcasting terms live on air last night?

I wasn't watching till later but my mate (admittedely after a few pints) reckons that Matt Smith had to cover it up quickly. It was immediately after a pre recorded interview between Jimmy and Ronnie at the top of the show.

My mate's prone to bulls*it and exaggerate so I won't say what it was in case he's doing exactly that.

No-one else in the thread above has mentioned anything so I'm assuming exaggeration is the order of the day.

In other news - really looking forward to Ronnie vs Xintong. If Xintong is playing with confidence it should be a cracker.

I saw the pre-recorded interview, and the only thing I can think of that might cause offence, was Jimmy asked; "I bet it's good to be playing in the UK again, isn't it?" I forget what Ronnie said, but he indicated he enjoyed playing in the UK.

I didn't notice Matt Smith covering up, or anything. I don't think there was anything that controversial.

Postby Cheshire Cat

whitespider wrote:Anyone know whether Jimmy said something dodgy in broadcasting terms live on air last night?

I remember Ronnie joking about needing a visa to get back into the UK with how much the tour is overseas nowadays, but that's about it.

Jimmy mumbles quite a bit though, so he may have said something that perhaps Matt heard, but the viewers may not have.

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:
I remember Ronnie joking about needing a visa to get back into the UK with how much the tour is overseas nowadays, but that's about it.

Jimmy mumbles quite a bit though, so he may have said something that perhaps Matt heard, but the viewers may not have.

Good of Matt to bring it to viewer's attention then. rofl