Post a reply

Re: European Masters Final !!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:Ronnie's recent record in big deciders is pretty lame, it has to be said.

Enjoy Eastenders and Emerdale next week <ok>

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:It was written in the stars. Well done Trump.

snake hissed right now.... :irk: :irk: :irk:

Well done Trump.

Postby Lou147

The Trumpernaut has done it! Deserved it over the final and did so well to win the last 3 well played mate

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Ronnie's recent record in big deciders is pretty lame, it has to be said.

Enjoy Eastenders and Emerdale next week <ok>

I'll wave at you from Manchester.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:To be fair Judd was overall the better player today. Still Ronnie should have taken one of his chances in the 18th frame.

That green SO... that green... wont forget for a while..

Postby Cloud Strife

Snooker Overdrive wrote:To be fair Judd was overall the better player today. Still Ronnie should have taken one of his chances in the 18th frame.

Even at 8-6 I was never that confident Ronnie would close it out, and unfortunately that's how it's turned out.
Last edited by Cloud Strife on 09 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Let me put it this way: better Ronnie losing this decider than the one in the UK final.

only positive right now.

but still....

Postby eraserhead

Strange match but Trump was able to take his chances.

On to the English open.

Well done Judd :trumpet:

Postby kolompar

Good win for Trump, though he needed a bit of luck to come back. Now let's see how long he can keep up this form. He's beaten Selby and Ronnie here, only has to beat Bingham now to prove he's the best.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Many many ranking events still to come. Ronnie will get to 29 eventually. Hopefully next Sunday.

If this defeat doesnt hurt his confidence, then yes.

Otherwise it will take him a while to get over this one.

Postby TheRocket

It's worrying in Ronnies case that the last high standard final he play was in the 2014 COC. Usually he plays his best Snooker in the finals.

And for the third time in a row he played quite rubbish in the final against Judd who himself looked very twitchy at times.

Postby pasunegirafe

Oh, it was best of 17? How did I not see that? I only watched a few framea but didn't pay much attention to the score...

Also, why is Tiriac there? Weird. He's boss of the Madrid Masters (tennis).

Anyway, congrats to Trump.

Postby Andre147

This will take a while for me to get over...

Well done Trump, but absolutely snake hissed right now :irk:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Many many ranking events still to come. Ronnie will get to 29 eventually. Hopefully next Sunday.

If this defeat doesnt hurt his confidence, then yes.

Otherwise it will take him a while to get over this one.

It's not like he bottled it, actually he didn't do much wrong in the last three frames. So he won't take it too hard.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:

Even at 8-6 I was never that confident Ronnie would close it out, and unfortunately that's how it's turned out.

Well to be fair he was only one fouled red away from having a great chance to do that.

Judd did very well to stop Ronnie having any easy chances. Found his form at the right time.

Postby TheRocket

The thing is, even though Ronnie was unlucky in the last three frames Trump still had to play three perfect frames which he did. Three frames full of skills where he potted balls from everywhere. So it actually doesn't feel as painful as it should be probably. It doesn't feel like let's say the Masters final 2006 or 2010.