Post a reply

European Masters Final !!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 3rd ~ Sunday 9th of October at the Circul Globus, Bucharest

The Final brings together two of the most talented players of their generation Ronnie O'Sullivan and Judd Trump.

After emphatic wins in the Semi Final against top class opponents something has to give.

Who will win?

DRAW

Final

Judd Trump v Ronnie O'Sullivan
HEAD TO HEAD

Overall O'Sullivan leads 9-8
Multi Session Matches O'Sullivan leads 3-1
Finals Trump leads 3-2

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: European Masters Final !!!!!!!!

Postby Andre147

Like I said in the Semis thread, Trump is playing as well as he was in 2014 when he reached the CoC and UK Finals, only to be stopped by Ronnie.

Hopefully a similar outcome will happen again. Both are playing at the top of their game. We all know tomorrow is a diferent day and one of them can play not as good, Selby made that mistake today and it cost him.

The Finals between Ronnie and Judd have all been very close, but in 2 of them Ronnie found himself with a huge advantage, and even at the World Grand Prix he led Judd 7-4 only to lose the match.

We'll see what happens tomorrow. Great venue, great crowds, we are in for a treat.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Andre147 wrote:Like I said in the Semis thread, Trump is playing as well as he was in 2014 when he reached the CoC and UK Finals, only to be stopped by Ronnie.

Hopefully a similar outcome will happen again. Both are playing at the top of their game. We all know tomorrow is a diferent day and one of them can play not as good, Selby made that mistake today and it cost him.

The Finals between Ronnie and Judd have all been very close, but in 2 of them Ronnie found himself with a huge advantage, and even at the World Grand Prix he led Judd 7-4 only to lose the match.

We'll see what happens tomorrow. Great venue, great crowds, we are in for a treat.

Ronnie said in his post match that him and Judd are practice partners now and they practice together regularly. I didn't actually know that. Very interesting.

For me, ROS looks like he's on a mission this week. I haven't seen him look so focused for a very long time, and as long as he's in that sort of mood I think the opponent has it all to do.

Having said that, they're both playing superbly. Either of them winning wouldn't surprise me.

Postby TheRocket

ROS is the slight favourite but Judd has the weapons to threaten him. And the H2H clearly proves, he troubles Ronnie a lot more than Neil does or has done so far.

Whatever the result will be tomorrow. Should be a great day for Snooker.

Postby Iranu

The only match I've been able to watch this week was Sely vs Trump, so I'm a bit out of the loop.

With regard to Ronnie's form, how has his safety been? In the Worlds (the last tournament I watched extensively) that was his one major weakness. Has it returned to his normal high standards following the imcreased match practice?

Postby TheRocket

Iranu wrote:The only match I've been able to watch this week was Sely vs Trump, so I'm a bit out of the loop.

With regard to Ronnie's form, how has his safety been? In the Worlds (the last tournament I watched extensively) that was his one major weakness. Has it returned to his normal high standards following the imcreased match practice?

Safety looked allright imo. Definitely better than it was in the Worlds. If there was a weakness, it was in the long potting deparment. Missed 2 or 3 or so by some distance (hit it too thick) which gave Neil easy openers.

Other than that it was a really strong performance.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:The only match I've been able to watch this week was Sely vs Trump, so I'm a bit out of the loop.

Safety looked allright imo. Definitely better than it was in the Worlds. If there was a weakness, it was in the long potting deparment. Missed 2 or 3 or so by some distance (hit it too thick) which gave Neil easy openers.

Other than that it was a really strong performance.

His long potting has been great thoughout this tournament, only against Neil did he miss a few.

All of his departments have been pretty much spot on, and he's improved round after round. Tomorrow I hope he brings his best stuff again, he'll need it to beat Trump, who isn't scared of him and knows how to beat him.

Postby PLtheRef

Think this will be a comfortable O'Sullivan win, 9-4 or 9-5 I reckon. Trump has certainly played good snooker to reach the final and was impressive to defeat Selby by a comfortable margin such as 6-2 but O'Sullivan raised the bar to defeat Robertson 6-0.

Postby Andre147

The problem with 2 players playing superbly in the Semi-Finals, is that often one of them (if not both) can't produce that standard of Snooker again in the Final.

Not saying this will happen tomorrow, but don't be surprised if one of them is slightly off and his opponent takes advantage. Ideally for me this would be Judd of course.

Don't get me wrong though, I want a high standard Final, can be close, as long as Ronnie wins. :-D

Postby Cheshire Cat

TheRocket wrote:Bad news. Looks like Marcel Eckardt will be the ref for the match.

Is Marcel the one that, at the Grand Prix the year ROS reached the final, ROS complained about because he kept walking in front of him and moving around or something like that?

I remember thinking it was really petty at the time, and then when I re-watched the match I could /kind of/ see where ROS was coming. I think I remember a thread about him on here a little while ago, where it was said that he was an unpopular referee, or something like that.

Postby TheRocket

Cheshire Cat wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Bad news. Looks like Marcel Eckardt will be the ref for the match.

Is Marcel the one that, at the Grand Prix the year ROS reached the final, ROS complained about because he kept walking in front of him and moving around or something like that?

I remember thinking it was really petty at the time, and then when I re-watched the match I could /kind of/ see where ROS was coming. I think I remember a thread about him on here a little while ago, where it was said that he was an unpopular referee, or something like that.

Yeah, thats him. Wrote in the other thread as well that hes too slow imo and seems to be moving quite a lot while players still playing their shot.

He seems to be unpopular among several players. Even Marcus Campbell called him a rubbish ref on twitter. And McGill wrote hes clueless about Snooker. And then Ronnie obviously said these things about him.

Have to agree with these players. In my eyes hes the worst ref.

Postby Cloud Strife

If Ronnie gets into a lead I hope he pushes on and doesn't let Trump back into it. That's been a pattern of their matches recently even when Ronnie has won.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:If Ronnie gets into a lead I hope he pushes on and doesn't let Trump back into it. That's been a pattern of their matches recently even when Ronnie has won.

yeah was thinking the same.

I dont mind a close high quality match if Ronnie wins that is.

Postby Andre147

I think Alex Crisan should defintely have had the Final.

He's a great ref plus he's Romanian too.