Post a reply

European Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 3rd ~ Sunday 9th of October at the Circul Globus, Bucharest

Semi Final line up that consists 3 World Champions Ronnie O'Sullivan (5), Mark Selby (2) and Neil Robertson in 2010.

Judd Trump the odd man out but still quality beating Higgins 4-0 to reach this stage.

Who will reach the final?

DRAW

Semi Finals

Mark Selby v Judd Trump Selby leads 12-10
------------------------------------------
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Neil Robertson O'Sullivan leads 11-6

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: European Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:Trump v Ronnie final please.

No.

Selby v Ronnie Final. Contrast of styles is what I want. <ok>

Postby masterdoctorgenius

cracking line up. i want the same as andre. i want to suffer.

and ronnie approaches the game differently vs selby. he appreciates it more (unlike me ;) and found a way to dominate him like he did at the masters and welsh. but two session matches are different. one session hui next session pfui (like robbo in the welsh final)

but robbo selby, robbo trump, trump ronnie, ronnie selby, robbo selby. the final will be cracking regardless who go through

Postby TheRocket

Fluent and quick high scoring match: ROS-Trump:

Possible high scoring match and many long pots: Robertson-Trump

Rivalry/hate/needle + contrast of styles: ROS-Selby

Slow tactical slugfest: Robertson-Selby

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Fluent and quick high scoring match: ROS-Trump:

Agree, but the Robbo v Selby rivavrly has proved in the past that's not all tactical but it can have high scoring aswell, their Worlds Semi is a statment of that.

But let's put it this way: Robbo v Selby is more likely than the others to have tactical battles.

Postby Andre147

TR was right in the other thread. I think Robbo will be a diferent animal tomorrow, and play much much better. Plus the Welsh Open Final loss is still fresh on his mind.

Ronnie will have to be on top of his game to beat him I think.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:it could be a classic like their master encounter in 2010 or a one sided affair like their master encounter in 2015

both possible

yes good point. I would also add to that list the 2013 CoC Semi. Ronnie won that one 6-5. A great match it was.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:For me the tournament starts properly tommorow.

Hendry used to say that about the Worlds Semis. Given most of his opponents until the Semis back then, it doesn't surprise me. He himself admits it.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:

Hendry used to say that about the Worlds Semis. Given most of his opponents until the Semis back then, it doesn't surprise me. He himself admits it.

Stephen Hendry: "Back in the 90s I used to have a bye straight into semi finals of every tournament"

Postby Cheshire Cat

TheRocket wrote:Fluent and quick high scoring match: ROS-Trump:

I would love ROS v Selby, because in recent times I think the two of them have gone from needle to proper admiration/rivalry for one another in recent times. I believe they spur each other on and inspire one another.

Robbo v Selby is the match up I worry about. Putting aside that UK semi, Robbo still lets himself get bogged down by other players' styles instead of playing his own game, and Selby is a master at dictating the pace. It's my one criticism of the Australian, really.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Stephen Hendry: "Back in the 90s I used to have a bye straight into semi finals of every tournament"

lets be honest same could be said of Ronnie today if he applies himself

Allen his only real test so far take nothing away from Gilbert and Davis but they are out of their depth at top class level against Ronnie

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:What a cracking line up today! And I'll be able to watch both matches at full length.

Are they at 11 and 5 UK time? Confused of Shoreditch

Seems to be.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:What a cracking line up today! And I'll be able to watch both matches at full length.

Great mate! <ok>

Looking forward to it. :-D

Postby Andre147

Selby is the slight favourite given the results he's had, but Judd seems to be playing really well.

Let's see if he doesn't rattle against Mark after playing so well so far.

Postby Andre147

There's a certain standard you know Selby won't drop, whereas Trump's B game isn't as good as Selby's and that can make a huge difference if both aren't playing their A game here.

Postby hendry_fan

I,m gonna treat myself and watch both matches today.

I predicted all 4 1/4 final matches correct. :win:

See if i can do another 100%er today. :-D

Selbs v Trump.

Hmmm,as far as Judds concerned,i,ve still be waitin for him to to a Judd,in other words,plunge dramatically and go down a gear,even 2,it aint happened yet,either it,ll happen today,or tomorrow if he reaches the final,if his very good form does,nt plunge then he,ll probably collect another bit o silverware unless of course his opponent in the final delivers to a very high standard.

I have,nt seen any of Selbs matches in this tourney so tbh. :emb:,but judgin from the results,he also seems to be in good nick atm,he just like Judd,in fact any player,could either still keep the form going,or he too might plunge today or if he reaches the final.

It,s a tough call,but i,ll predict,......

Trump will beat Selbs.

I,m a bit worried about Robbo,the chips n eggs he served up last night against Ants,was very soggy to say the least,i scincerely hope he can go up at least a gear,if not 2 even 3 against Ron tnight,he,ll at least have to go up 1 gear,cause if he serves up the soggy chips n eggs again,Ron will him romp him.

Ron got off to a slow start in this tourney,but has gotten better match by match,can he keep the good form up though,or will it be his turn to plunge and be sent packin.

I predict Ron to beat Robbo this evening,i really do hope i,m wrong though,even if it,ll spoil my 100% prediction analyisis. :-D

COMMMMMMMMMMMMME ON MARK AND NEIL!! :john:

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:There's a certain standard you know Selby won't drop, whereas Trump's B game isn't as good as Selby's and that can make a huge difference if both aren't playing their A game here.

Selby has been pants for most of the last 12 months eventhough he's still been winning. He's gotten away with it for too long now. It's about time he received a hammering, and I've a feeling it could come in this match.