Post a reply

European Masters Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 3rd ~ Sunday 9th of October at the Circul Globus, Bucharest

Quarter Final line up with 6 players that's won Ranking Events before with Mark Davis and Alfie Burden the two players that are yet to win. could it be this week or will one of the established winners enjoy the spoils.

Who will reach the semi finals?

DRAW

Quarter Finals

Mark Selby v Alfie Burden Selby leads 5-0
John Higgins v Judd Trump Higgins leads 13-7
------------------------------------------
Mark Davis v Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 5-2
Neil Robertson v Anthony McGill Robertson leads 3-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: European Masters Quarter Finals !!!

Postby hendry_fan

Short n simple,I can,t see Selbs losin to burden,burdens had a great run by his standards,but it,ll be game over for him tomorrow against Selby.

I hate to say it,but i can,t see Higgins beatin Trump,i know it all comes down to the day,but John just does,nt seem right,and to come to think of it,he aint,there,s something wrong with his or one of his ribs.

Trump looks to have hit a good bit o form,but that really does,nt prove much at all,Judds well known to have spells where he plays to a very high standard for a couple of matches,to then suddenly dramaticaly plunge a gear,even 2 gears in the next,all the same,even if Trump does go down a gear tomorrow,i still think he,ll beat John.

I can,t see Mavis beating Ronnie,sure Mavis has improved the last few seasons,but he has,nt impressed of late,he,ll fail against Ron tomorrow.

Robbo will beat Ants,ok,they,ve only played against each other on 3 ocassions in which Robbo won all 3 of em,tomorrow will be no different,it,ll be tattie bye in Romania for the young Scot tomorrow i,m afraid,unless he wants to stick around and check it out for another day or so,seems to be a beautiful place.

:-D

Postby Andre147

Good analysis hendry_fan, agree with everything except the Higgins v Trump match.

As you so well said, Trump is well knows to play out of his skin for 1, 2 or 3 matches, but then his game rattles in the next.

Against Higgins he tends to struggle to bring his A game, so I think John has a good chance of beating him again and extend his good h2d record against him.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Good analysis hendry_fan, agree with everything except the Higgins v Trump match.

As you so well said, Trump is well knows to play out of his skin for 1, 2 or 3 matches, but then his game rattles in the next.

Against Higgins he tends to struggle to bring his A game, so I think John has a good chance of beating him again and extend his good h2d record against him.

yea but Higgins is nowhere near the player he was. He needs a few chances to kill off frames these days.

Postby Andre147

Nevertheless, I'll be rooting for Higgins once more. <ok>

I would just love one last big match like a ranking Final between the two great champs and rivals Higgins v O'Sullivan. Plus, I always liked Higgins more than Trump.

Postby sundaygirl

SnookerFan wrote:My dad wants to go up to a West Brom game when the UK Championship semis are on. Dunno if I want to go.

Watching live sport with someone you love vs watching televised sport alone apart from beer and snacks is surely a no brainier?!
Record the snooker hang out with your dad while you still can!

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:My dad wants to go up to a West Brom game when the UK Championship semis are on. Dunno if I want to go.

Watching live sport with someone you love vs watching televised sport alone apart from beer and snacks is surely a no brainier?!
Record the snooker hang out with your dad while you still can!

It wouldn't be alone, Saturdays and the snooker are usually spent with somebody else I care about.

But I see your point. <ok>

I could see about travelling back from Birmingham in time for the final on Sunday.

Postby Dan-cat

hendry_fan wrote:Short n simple,I can,t see Selbs losin to burden,burdens had a great run by his standards,but it,ll be game over for him tomorrow against Selby.

I hate to say it,but i can,t see Higgins beatin Trump,i know it all comes down to the day,but John just does,nt seem right,and to come to think of it,he aint,there,s something wrong with his or one of his ribs.

Trump looks to have hit a good bit o form,but that really does,nt prove much at all,Judds well known to have spells where he plays to a very high standard for a couple of matches,to then suddenly dramaticaly plunge a gear,even 2 gears in the next,all the same,even if Trump does go down a gear tomorrow,i still think he,ll beat John.

I can,t see Mavis beating Ronnie,sure Mavis has improved the last few seasons,but he has,nt impressed of late,he,ll fail against Ron tomorrow.

Robbo will beat Ants,ok,they,ve only played against each other on 3 ocassions in which Robbo won all 3 of em,tomorrow will be no different,it,ll be tattie bye in Romania for the young Scot tomorrow i,m afraid,unless he wants to stick around and check it out for another day or so,seems to be a beautiful place.

:-D

Astute round up HF, and you are not even letting your (brave) heart influence you!

I reckon Pants will give Robbo a good run. Got heart that lad. Robbo has a similar form trajectory to Ronnie these last couple of seasons... he's moving into prime-time

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:Nevertheless, I'll be rooting for Higgins once more. <ok>

I would just love one last big match like a ranking Final between the two great champs and rivals Higgins v O'Sullivan. Plus, I always liked Higgins more than Trump.

I just think it would be one sided at this point. Ronnie/Trump and Ronnie/Selby I'm way more excited about.

Does anyone know the results of their series of winner takes all exhibition matches? I heard Ronnie lost the first one. I *know* it doesn't matter that much it's only exhibitions yadayadayada however I'm interested...

Apparently after the first round here Ronnie said doing exhibitions around the country playing amateurs makes him very lazy with his shot selection. Looks like he's shaking that off now though.

Just rearranged all my day so I can fit the match in at 6pm!
Last edited by Dan-cat on 07 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Oh lord, only just watched a few of yesterday's matches.

Of note, something wan't all right with Mark yesterday, he looked well fed up even at 3-0 up. It showed in the performance and his body language. Bazza put in a real poor performance though.

I'll take McGill v O'Sullivan and Selby v Higgins in the semis please.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Dan-cat wrote:

I just think it would be one sided at this point. Ronnie/Trump and Ronnie/Selby I'm way more excited about.

Does anyone know the results of their series of winner takes all exhibition matches? I heard Ronnie lost the first one. I *know* it doesn't matter that much it's only exhibitions yadayadayada however I'm interested...

Apparently after the first round here Ronnie said doing exhibitions around the country playing amateurs makes him very lazy with his shot selection. Looks like he's shaking that of now though.

ronnie won the 1st series vs judd

the second series started last weekend vs selby. he lost both matches in deciders.

he was 4-0 up in the 2nd match but still lost.

think they olay 5 further matches.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:

Apparently after the first round here Ronnie said doing exhibitions around the country playing amateurs makes him very lazy with his shot selection. Looks like he's shaking that of now though.

5pm

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:Can Trump play with both hands?

By that. I mean is he ambidextrous.

He used to do it a lot more seems to favour the rest now he's a bit more mature.

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Can Trump play with both hands?

By that. I mean is he ambidextrous.

He used to do it a lot more seems to favour the rest now he's a bit more mature.

For some reason, I don't remember that.

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:For some reason, I don't remember that.

He wasn't quite as good as Ronnie is with both hands and I think he realised it.

He is right handed in everything but snooker if I recall correctly.