Post a reply

Coral English Open last 128 !!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 10th ~ Sunday 16th of October at EventCity, Manchester

The Home Nations searies of World Ranking events kicks off in Manchester for the English Open, Never before has a Proffesional tournament be played in the Name of England unlike Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

The Winner will pick up a Cheque for £70,000 but if someone wins all 4 home nation events they will pick up a cheque for 1 million which makes motivation easy for these events.

Mark Selby as World Champion and World no 1 will be heading a field that consists of Ronnie O'Sullivan, John Higgins, Mark Williams, Judd Trump, Neil Robertson and Ding Junhui.

Who will Get the Home Nations off to a flyer and reach the Last 64?

DRAW

Selected last 128 Matches

Mark Selby v Gary Wilson
Barry Hawkins v Javk Lisowski
Andrew Higginson v Nigel Bond
Ricky Walden v Robbin Hull
Sean O'Sullivan v Scott Donaldson
John Higgins v Michael Wild
Eden Sharav v James Wattana
Marco Fu v Martin O'Donnell
Mark J Williams v David John
Zhou Yuelong v Jimmy White
Judd Trump v Ken Doherty
Liang Wenbo v Graeme Dott
Robbie Williams v Fergal O'Brien
Allister Carter v Luca Brecel
Ben Woollaston v Cao Yupeng
Peter Ebdon v Stuart Carrington
Joe Perry v Matthew Selt
Ding Junhui v Mitchell Mann
Neil Robertson v Hamza Akbar
Michael Holt v Xiao Guoddong
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Jimmy Robertson
Anthony McGill v Jamie Cope
Kyren Wilson v Wayne Townsend
Alan McManus v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Stuart Bingham v Robert Milkins

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Coral English Open last 128 !!!!!!

Postby PoolBoy

SnookerFan wrote:When is the Judd Trump vs Ken Doherty match?

It's scheduled for next Tuesday (11th October).
It says 2pm CEST which I think means 1pm UK time?
If I remember correctly, SnookerFan, you're going to the latter stages in Event City, Manchester?
I'm Jealous!

Re: Home Nations English Open last 128 !!!!!!

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:i would be happy if he wins one

Me too.

My hopes won't be too high for this first one though especially after just returning from Romania, regardless if he wins or loses the Final.

If he wins one of these I'll be very happy. He did win the old Scottish Open, Northern Ireland Trophy and of course the Welsh Open.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:

Me too.

My hopes won't be too high for this first one though especially after just returning from Romania, regardless if he wins or loses the Final.

If he wins one of these I'll be very happy. He did win the old Scottish Open, Northern Ireland Trophy and of course the Welsh Open.

i think Ronnie used the European Masters as practice and to fine tune his game for a crack at the £1,000,000

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Me too.

i think Ronnie used the European Masters as practice and to fine tune his game for a crack at the £1,000,000

Yes. No way he'll let the opportunity for the biggest paycheck in snooker history slip just like that.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Me too.

If anyone could do it, Ronnie is the man to make that achievment.

Let's not forget it was only 3 years ago that Ding won 5 ranking events in that season, and 3 of them consecutively. It's possible, but unlikely I'd say.

Postby PLtheRef

SnookerFan wrote:Be funny if there's a shock winner of this tournament.

Then the person on for the million pound bonus is Wayne Townsend, or something.

I'd love for someone to win the first three, and reach the final of the Welsh which goes 8-8 and deeply close! (Perhaps the harsh bit inside me suggests, win the first three, go 8-8 and go in off potting the black handing over the 9-8 victory)

Postby kolompar

SnookerFan wrote:Be funny if there's a shock winner of this tournament.

Then the person on for the million pound bonus is Wayne Townsend, or something.

Yeah, I thought the same. World Snooker will probably be hoping someone like Ronnie wins it.

Postby PoolBoy

A 'different' winner in this would also help to fill another slot in the Champion of Champions!

With Judd (and Ronnie) having already qualified, the win yesterday means there are still 3 spaces up-for-grabs with just the 3 tournaments to go before the CoC begins.
    English Open
    International championship
    China Championship

Apparently, any remaining spaces will be taken by using this season's points ranking list. At present, (but it could change) the top 'unqualified' players are:
Joe Perry, Michael Holt then Stuart Bingham.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I do love the CoC. Great venue, great coverage, loads of analysis and the best commentary team currently working in the game.

The venue is good, and looks great on TV. I was slightly disappointed when I attended. The hotel, bars and snooker hall were all in one indoor area. You'd have thought the fans would've interacted more with each other, and been more excited for it. Everybody in my hotel was a snooker fan, snooker player or part of the ITV commentary team. And yet the atmosphere felt flat somehow.

But yet, as an event I like it. ITV are good and you feel their analysis is aimed at hardcore snooker fans, whereas the BBC aim it more at casuals who will just be dipping in and out.