Post a reply

European Masters Last 16 !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 3rd ~ Sunday 9th of October at the Circul Globus, Bucharest

Last 16 and Both World Champion Mark Selby and 5 times World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan has progressed through two matches to get in to this round and will have tough opponents Barry Hawkins and Mark Allen respectively in the next round.

Also through areJudd Trump, Neil Robertson, Ricky Walden and India'n Open winnwe Anthony McGill.

Who will make the Quarter Finals?

DRAW

Last 16

Mark Selby v Barry Hawkins Selby leads 8-7
Alfie Burden v Ricky Walden Walden leads 3-1
John Higgins v Tom Ford Higgins leads 5-0
Andrew Higginson v Judd Trump Trump leads 8-2
------------------------------------------
Mark Davis v Liang Wenbo Liang Wenbo leads 6-4
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark Allen Allen leads 2-1
Neil Robertson v Rhys Clark Never played before
Anthony McGill v Scott Donaldson McGill leads 1-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: European Masters Last 16 !!!

Postby TheRocket

And after more than 5 bucking years we finally have another meeting between Ronnie and Allen. Just sick that two topplayers can avoid each other for so long.

A pity though, it's only a bo7. Because it has to be said that Allen is basicially the only Top 16 player out there who has never played against peak O'Sullivan.

Postby Cheshire Cat

It's a nice looking lineup.

I only caught a few matches today, but the commentary for the ROS one was dire. All this nonsense about Gilbert feeling the 'pressure', think ES forget how superbly he played against Ronnie at the World's. It shouldn't have been that hard to just say that Ronnie played well today. I thought he was flying around the table at times, such was the fluency of his breakbuilding.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:And after more than 5 bucking years we finally have another meeting between Ronnie and Allen. Just sick that two topplayers can avoid each other for so long.

A pity though, it's only a bo7. Because it has to be said that Allen is basicially the only Top 16 player out there who has never played against peak O'Sullivan.

Yes, FINALLY they meet again.

Even if it's just Best of 7, I hope both treat us to a great match, with a Ronnie win of course. :-D

Postby Gridlock

Hendry_fan...don't it seem that the Scots always are head to head? I think it would be OK if young Donaldson could get through.

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I havent seen any yet.

You haven't seen your feet.

Stop. Any more of that, and my sides will split. :|

Postby hendry_fan

Gridlock wrote:Hendry_fan...don't it seem that the Scots always are head to head? I think it would be OK if young Donaldson could get through.

Aye Gridlock. >-(

Shame that 2 of the Scottish young guns have to play against each other this afternoon,but another young gun,Clark is still in the tourney + old J Haggis is still around too. :happy:

Postby Dan-cat

hendry_fan wrote:
Gridlock wrote:Hendry_fan...don't it seem that the Scots always are head to head? I think it would be OK if young Donaldson could get through.

Aye Gridlock. >-(

Shame that 2 of the Scottish young guns have to play against each other this afternoon,but another young gun,Clark is still in the tourney + old J Haggis is still around too. :happy:

Loving this tournament. It's a great venue, the crowds are really appreciative and excited (similar vibes to Germany), loads of top players left. Too many Scots left, but you know, you can't have everything. <jokes> :dance2:

Griddy, are you able to watch?

masterdoctorgenius

Postby masterdoctorgenius

ROS has withdrawn from the china open. MJW is replacing him. hahahaha. the battle for the top 10 was for nothing.

wondering if he participates in IC. he would have been already in china before the china open so why did he withdraw?

Re: masterdoctorgenius

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:ROS has withdrawn from the china open. MJW is replacing him. hahahaha. the battle for the top 10 was for nothing.

wondering if he participates in IC. he would have been already in china before the china open so why did he withdraw?

You don't mean the China Open, do you? You mean that new China Championship thingy?

Postby SnookerFan

Just checked Ronnie's Twitter feed to see if he mentioned anything and I actually find myself agreeing with what he said about Sam Allardyce.

(Yes, that does mean I don't follow him on Twitter, cue the five or six page rant about what an bottom I am.)

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Just checked Ronnie's Twitter feed to see if he mentioned anything and I actually find myself agreeing with what he said about Sam Allardyce.

(Yes, that does mean I don't follow him on Twitter, cue the five or six page rant about what an bottom I am.)

Agreed, what a stitch up. And yes, you are a bottom.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Just checked Ronnie's Twitter feed to see if he mentioned anything and I actually find myself agreeing with what he said about Sam Allardyce.

Agreed, what a stitch up. And yes, you are a bottom.

It was just the way they said; "Do you want to come and give us a seminar on how to break FA rules?", and he goes; "Yes, but I'll have check with the FA that it's alright." Interesting that he believes the FA would give him permission to sell information on how to break their own rules. The only reason I can think that he'd believe this is if they've already informed him that they do allow this. I think he was fired for revealling FA corruption as much as anything else...

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:

Aye Gridlock. >-(

Loving this tournament. It's a great venue, the crowds are really appreciative and excited (similar vibes to Germany), loads of top players left. Too many Scots left, but you know, you can't have everything. <jokes> :dance2:

Griddy, are you able to watch?

Yep,the romanians have good vibes with the snooker.

The ref has now warned the same person a second time for his mobile phone makin a noise,*SIGH*,it seems to be a world wide phenomenon,that humans have a problem with,can,t or don,t want to put there phones on silent. :-(

Postby hendry_fan

HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!,just as i mention bout the mobile phone phenomena,yet another one goes off. <doh> >-(

Marcel Eckardt aint amused,this time he warns the whole crowd!. <ok>

Postby hendry_fan

"Too many Scots left, but you know, you can't have everything. <jokes>"

Yes,Dan,there are indeed a lot of Scots still around in this tourney,wayyyyyyyyyyyy morrrrrrrre than usual,4 in the last 16,lonnnnnnnnnnnnng time since that happened. :roll: :-)

Postby Dan-cat

hendry_fan wrote:"Too many Scots left, but you know, you can't have everything. <jokes>"

Yes,Dan,there are indeed a lot of Scots still around in this tourney,wayyyyyyyyyyyy morrrrrrrre than usual,4 in the last 16,lonnnnnnnnnnnnng time since that happened. :roll: :-)

Hahaha I wondered when you'd pick that up!! Tom Ford winning 2 - 1 though :bags:

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Hahaha I wondered when you'd pick that up!! Tom Ford winning 2 - 1 though :bags:

Did you already notice there was wayyyyyyyyyyyy morrrrrrrre Scottish than usual?

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:"Too many Scots left, but you know, you can't have everything. <jokes>"

Dammmmmmmmmmn,i,ve just realised,i forgot to buy some mars bars n double deckers,when you wrote "Fry that haggis" this morning in the European Masters Last 32 and Last 64 Heldover !!!!!!!! thread,you gave me an idea,you got me in the mood to fry some mars n double deckers.

I nipped out this morning to get some stuff but low n bhold i forgot to buy them,damn,i,m gonna have to nip out again. :mood: <laugh>