Post a reply

Quest TV to show the English Open

Postby SnookerFan

Freeview Channel Quest TV will show the English Open.

https://sportonfreeviewuk.wordpress.com/

They only seem to be showing it live during the day, sadly. So no watching it if you work. And as I have tickets to the semis and final, this will pass me by somewhat.

However, good to see a Freeview Channel getting involved, I hope they take on all the Home Series Events.

Re: Quest TV to show the English Open

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Interesting - I wonder who will do comms? I'm looking forward to ITV coverage - that crack team of Fouldsy, Angles and Clive.

According to the second link, the channel is owned by the same company that owns Eurosport, so I wonder if it's going to be just a simultaneous transmission of sorts.

By the look of it, they started 15 minutes before the snooker on a lot of days. So I wonder if there's going to be some kind of studio analysis there too. (Maybe Eurosport are getting in Colin Murray and Co, and Quest are using that.)

We'll probably have to wait and find out.

Re: Quest TV to show the English Open

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Hearn said a few months ago that Quest would be showing Snooker this season. They are owned by Discovery Channel who own Eurosport as well (which I presume is why their coverage has had presenters and pundits recently). The Welsh open is probably off limits as it has BBC involved.