Post a reply

European Masters Last 128 and Last 64 !!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 26th ~ Wednesday 28th of September at the Guild Hall, Preston

The European Masters is a new tournament on the circuit but has roots going back to 1989 when it was played in Deauville, france where it was known as the European Open and won by John Parrott beating Terry Griffiths 9-8 in the final.

Alex Higgins played with a Broken leg and was hopping round the table and sweating buckets in beating Les Dodd in the first Round But the event was a comercial flop with hardly any spectators.

27 years on Snooker on the continent is massive with well suported events. Buckarest in Romania will play host this year but before that two rounds will be played at the Guild Hall in Preston.

Ronnie O'Sullivan, Judd Trump, Neil Robertson, Shaun Murphy and World Champion Mark Selby will be hoping to book their spots in the main Draw.

Who will Get on that plane?

DRAW

Selected Last 128 Matches

Mark Selby v John Astley
Dechawat Poomjaeng v Fergal O'Brien
Peter Ebdon v Jamie Cope
Martin Gould v Jamie Jones
Sam Baird v Zhao Xintong
Ding Junhui v Yu Delu
John Higgins v Nigel Bond
Stephen Maguire v Andrew Higginson
Judd Trump v Aditya Mehta
Jack Lissowski v Mike Dunn
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Lyu Chenwei
Graeme Dott v Andy Hicks
Joe Perry v David Grace
Tony Drago v Jak Jones
Matthew Selt v Peter Lines
Allister Carter v Ken Doherty
Luca Brecel v Zhou Yuelong
Chris Wakelin v Scott Donaldson
Stuart Bingham v Craig Steadman

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: European Masters Last 128 and Last 64 !!!!!!!!

Postby Dan-cat

I remember hop along Alex well that was hilarious, and very committed. JV even adapted his impression routine at the Crucible that year to include it. He sat in the chair, doing all his usual Alex tics, swigging a drink and smoking... Stood up slowly and then hopped to the table. Hilarity ensued

Postby eraserhead

Some of the culture the players can look forward to in Preston, theres a dog made of sand on the street most days. :D

No Ding I see, would have liked to watch the newly crowned Shanghai masters champion, oh well plenty more on offer.

Postby pasunegirafe

eraserhead wrote:Image

Some of the culture the players can look forward to in Preston, theres a dog made of sand on the street most days. :D

No Ding I see, would have liked to watch the newly crowned Shanghai masters champion, oh well plenty more on offer.

Isn't that sand dog fake though? Think I read somewhere they're just moulds with some sand on it :|

But yay more snooker next week! :D

Postby Andre147

Non stop Snooker action!

Shame Shanghai Masters Champion isn't there, but we can kinda forgive him can't we...

Runner-up Selby is though, as well as Ronnie and most of the other top players.

Postby Vallomas

I really enjoyed Shanghai Masters even if I didn't have time to post here, but it's Qualification time and I am back.

Does anyone know what happened to Hossein Vafaei? I see that he quit from this tournament and I wonder if it's because the usual visa problems or if he quit from the tour...

Dale played quite good snooker to beat Thor Chuan Leong and we all wait for Jimmy White later.

Postby Dan-cat

Vallomas wrote:I really enjoyed Shanghai Masters even if I didn't have time to post here, but it's Qualification time and I am back.

Does anyone know what happened to Hossein Vafaei? I see that he quit from this tournament and I wonder if it's because the usual visa problems or if he quit from the tour...

Dale played quite good snooker to beat Thor Chuan Leong and we all wait for Jimmy White later.

It was a great tournament, I managed to catch 3 or 4 matches, first tournament this season really that I've been able to.

Has anyone got a picture or a video of hop-along Alex? I can't find any

Postby LC

Snooker overkill this next month, I know people moaned when there was lack of tournaments, but having them so close together sort of devalues the previous tournament winner, no time to reflect or revel in the victory it's on to the next and the next , it becomes like Groundhog Day

Postby SnookerFan

LC wrote:Snooker overkill this next month, I know people moaned when there was lack of tournaments, but having them so close together sort of devalues the previous tournament winner, no time to reflect or revel in the victory it's on to the next and the next , it becomes like Groundhog Day

What would you say is the correct amount of snooker tournaments?

Postby Andre147

Am I correct in saying some of the Last 64 matches will be held over to the venue?

Atm I can see Ronnie's and Selby's matches (if they win their opener) being played at the venue.

Postby PoolBoy

After a morning of comprehensive 4-0 wins for Mark Allen, Barry Hawkins, Stuart Bingham and Marco Fu, there have been a number of 'surprise' results:

Joe Perry 3-4 David Grace
Michael white 3-4 Rory McLeod
Rob Milkins 2-4 Elliot Slessor

Postby Forza_Bajen

LC wrote:Snooker overkill this next month, I know people moaned when there was lack of tournaments, but having them so close together sort of devalues the previous tournament winner, no time to reflect or revel in the victory it's on to the next and the next , it becomes like Groundhog Day

This is more like a qualification, even if it is a part of the tournament this time you can see it as a qualification. The real tournament is at another place.

Always nice to see some snooker! Tonight we will see Ronnie and Neil! :party:

Greetings from Sweden! :moose:

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Am I correct in saying some of the Last 64 matches will be held over to the venue?

Atm I can see Ronnie's and Selby's matches (if they win their opener) being played at the venue.

Yea 2 Matches from last 64 being held over Selby and Ronnies Matches even if they lose in the last 128 i presume.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Am I correct in saying some of the Last 64 matches will be held over to the venue?

Yea 2 Matches from last 64 being held over Selby and Ronnies Matches even if they lose in the last 128 i presume.

So how does that work then? Even if Ronnie and Selby lose their Last 128 matches, they'll get their Last 64 matches held over to the venue?

Are they getting a bye through to the Last 64? But I see they are in the draw and have opponents for the Last 128.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:They are both playing tonight

Yeah, and their matches with their respective opponents are the only 2 matches held over to the venue. The rest of the players will play their Last 64 match tomorrow.

Postby kolompar

SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

Shaun Murphy ‏@Magician147
When did everyone start playing like Moses on a Yamaha from frame 1 round 1? #toughschool

That's an unusual Biblical reference.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:Ronnie loses the opening frame. :chin:

You have a link mate?

I know you used to have a ES Player acount, I tried to login with it again but as I predicted you didn't pay the annual fee again.

No links so far. :td: