Post a reply

Shanghai Masters Quarter-Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Monday 19th of September - Sunday 25th of September at the Shanghai Grand Stage, China

Michael Holt for the 2nd consecutive time beats Ronnie O'Sullivan, this time with a comprehensive scoreline, 5-2, the very same happening with Ali Carter against John Hggins. Home favourite Ding Junhui continued the good form from his 6 reds World Champs title and won against Mark Allen 5-2. Maguire too, and we also saw wins from Stuart Bingham, Ryan Day and World Champion Mark Selby. Judd Trump let a 3-0 lead slip away from him and saw Michael White reel 5 frames on the trot.

Interesting to note that in the h2h Carter leads 15-4, and after Bingham's first 3 wins against him, Carter won 14 consecutive times, some of those being Championship League matches.

Who shall reach the Semi-Finals and the one-table setup?

DRAW

Quarter-Finals

Michael Holt v Ding Junhui Tied at 3-3
Michael White v Stephen Maguire Maguire leads 4-2
-------------------------------------------
Stuart Bingham v Ali Carter Carter leads 15-4
Ryan Day v Mark Selby Tied at 7-7

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Shanghai Masters Quarter-Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

Hopefully crowd favourite Ding smashes Holty and sends him packing <ok>

Maguire too I hope he wins. Don't really care much about the rest, but still Carter and Day winning wouldn't be bad.

Postby Cheshire Cat

I come home and find out the scores, and unsurprisingly there's some sour grapes in the other thread. I don't like to see OTT reactions or celebrate any player getting beaten, i'd rather congratulate Holt on being clinical and seeing the match out which Wenbo failed to do.

Selby has a golden opportunity to continue a solid early season start. There's no reason why he can't go on and win the tournament.

Postby Andre147

I don't think there were sour grapes. Holt deserved his win, he was far more composed and missed much less, simple really. That good clearance in the last frame under pressure showed us that.

But Ronnie was off the pace by a considerable margin. He looked very good until 2-1, but then let it slip.

I never liked Holt though, similar to Selt actually, both bellends. Hopefully Ding smashes him.

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:I don't think there were sour grapes. Holt deserved his win, he was far more composed and missed much less, simple really. That good clearance in the last frame under pressure showed us that.

But Ronnie was off the pace by a considerable margin. He looked very good until 2-1, but then let it slip.

I never liked Holt though, similar to Selt actually, both bellends. Hopefully Ding smashes him.

He's not played in China for a while so it might have been a tough ask for the first of the season, I was happy to see it looked like he wanted to win rather than just bored and going through the motions.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Sour grapes as in, there just seem to be people that get a real buzz out of seeing ROS lose, which I find to be a shame. Although the same is true of some of his supporters when he wins. All well and good not fancying a player, but I don't see the need to go gung-ho wishing them to get thrashed or beaten.

Can't say I mind who wins tbh. I'll go Ali Carter v Michael Holt for the final s'il vous plait! :-D

Postby Andre147

The best possible Final for me would be China's number 1 Ding Junhui against World Champion Mark Selby.

Postby SnookerFan

I'm going to log off in a minute. Not getting any taped today, but will watch the highlights on Eurosport later tonight. Might be nice to not know the results again.

By the way, anybody up at 7am tomorrow?

Postby Dan-cat

Morning :)

Bingo just went in off the final black of frame 3, making it 2-1 to him against Ali. Big frame, could have been 3-0. Some interesting shots on that final black though, including one absolute hit and hope from Ali, looked like he was going for the long double but he hit it really hard

Postby PoolBoy

Mark Selby 5-3 Ryan Day
Stuart Bingham 5-1 Ali Carter

Mark Selby v Stuart Bingham in the semis (first-to-six)

Coming-up:
Stephen Maguire v Michael White
Ding Junhui v Michael Holt

Postby Cheshire Cat

The more I watch his matches, the more I see Selby as a truly phenomenal player. If he brings at least his B game, I fancy him against most players with their A game. Admittedly, part of me wanted a ROS v Selby final. I rather like their major encounters.

Some positional shot by Mags that was in frame 2. Definite contender for shot of the tournament.

Postby Andre147

Mags through to the Semis.

He's only lost 4 frames all tournament, really playing well and trying to get his good form back.

Ding v Mags would be a great spectacle. Hopefully Holt won't spoil us that.

Postby Wildey

wish i could join in more o here but im so busy at the moment to even watch no matter post.

ive seen 3 frames all week.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:hahahah. yesterday the mental giant and took the final frame like a boss and now blobs the black off its spot. thats holt for you

Just like the black of its spot from Ronnie O'Blobivan yesterday.

Glad Holt is sent packing :wave:

Postby Cloud Strife

masterdoctorgenius wrote:hahahah. yesterday the mental giant and took the final frame like a boss and now blobs the black off its spot. thats holt for you

TBF, Holt made similar mistakes yesterday, Ronnie just wasn't good enough to take advantage.

Glad he's gone, though. He's one of those players that never seem to follow up a big win.

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:I'm going to log off in a minute. Not getting any taped today, but will watch the highlights on Eurosport later tonight. Might be nice to not know the results again.

By the way, anybody up at 7am tomorrow?

You still use video tape?

Do you own a gramophone too?