Post a reply

Shanghai Masters Last 16 !!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 19th of September - Sunday 25th of September at the Shanghai Grand Stage, China

A few surprise results Shaun Murphy losing 5-0 to Stephen Maguire and Ryan Day beating Neil Roberts the biggest but after a near miss Ronnie O'Sullivan still there and World Champion Mark Selby as well as Ding Junhui, Judd Trump, John Higgins and World Open Champion Allister Carter.

Who will reach the quarter Finals?

DRAW

Last 16

Michael Holt v Ronnie O'Sullivan
Ding Junhui v Mark Allen
Judd Trump v Michael White
Barry Hawkins v Stephen Maguire
-------------------------------------------
Stuart Bingham v Dave Gilbert
Allister Carter v John Higgins
Ryan Day v Mei Xiwen
Stuart Carrington v Mark Selby

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Shanghai Masters Last 16 !!!!

Postby Andre147

The ones I want to go through to Quarter-Finals:

Ronnie (obviously)
Allen
White
Mags
Gilbert
Higgins
Day
Carrington

An Allen v Ronnie match would be a dream one, both always seem to avoid each for one reason or another, and in their few encounters Allen actually leads the h2h2.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:The ones I want to go through to Quarter-Finals:

Ronnie (obviously)
Allen
White
Mags
Gilbert
Higgins
Day
Carrington

An Allen v Ronnie match would be a dream one, both always seem to avoid each for one reason or another, and in their few encounters Allen actually leads the h2h2.

Been eatin some humble pie instead of pizza Andre!. :chin:

You want Higgins to go through!. :-D

Postby Cheshire Cat

Lots of potential good matches there.

Carrington v Selby will be interesting. Carrington has probably gone under the radar in the tournament so far, but he's been scoring extremely heavily.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:So, eating a pizza is now officially called Pulling An Andre?

No.

Eating a pizza + havin a coke with it while watchin the snooker,one could say is "pulling an Andre". :-D

Postby SnookerFan

I am taping the afternoon match, and will watch it tonight. So I won't be around on the Island much today. I'll come on tonight and give my highly anticipated opinion on things.

Postby OoNebsoO

Are there perhaps some more streams for this tournament? I know that last season for some Chinese tournaments we had cameras on all of the tables -- though, not sure if it was Shanghai as well then...

Postby hendry_fan

Mags <only> made two 50+ breaks this time,a 53 and a 91 but,what the hell,he marches on and kicks out Barry Hawkins. :clap:

Selby made four 50+ers in his win against Carrington,which ink one ton,a (*120*). <ok>

Postby Andre147

Afternoon folks! :-D

Think I'll keep a close eye on Ding v Allen, cracking match that is, the best at least on paper for me.

Holt in first in the opening frame.

Postby Dan-cat

hendry_fan wrote:Mags <only> made two 50+ breaks this time,a 53 and a 91 but,what the hell,he marches on and kicks out Barry Hawkins. :clap:

Selby made four 50+ers in his win against Carrington,which ink one ton,a (*120*). <ok>

Go mags! A performance of some MAGnitude so far in this tournament.

C'mon the rocket!

Postby Andre147

Trump 2 nil ahead, Carter almost 2-0 too.

Remember last time they played Carter smashed Higgins at the World Open.