Post a reply

The tenth Shanghai Masters

Postby SnookerFan

What are your favourite Shanghai Masters memories?

I always remember Dominic Dale winning the title over Ryan Day. Dale played well all week.

I sometimes like reading threads from past tournaments, and was recently reviewing the Battle For Bottle. <ok>

viewtopic.php?f=529&t=5478

Re: The tenth Shanghai Masters

Postby TheRocket

The Higgins comeback in the final against Trump comes into my mind. Great match.

Walden winning his first ranker beating the (at the time) World Champion ROS in the final was quite something as well. Most people hadn't even heard his name before so that was some kind of a scent mark.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:The Higgins comeback in the final against Trump comes into my mind. Great match.

Walden winning his first ranker beating the (at the time) World Champion ROS in the final was quite something as well. Most people hadn't even heard his name before so that was some kind of a scent mark.

I remember that. I moved into a flat, and it was the Snooker final I watched. Good times.

Postby PoolBoy

Heart = Ding
Hard = Selby

<laugh>
That's the funniest thing I've ever read on here! An innocent mistake, due to auto-correct - but an absolute belter! :bowdown:

Great for Ding winning - taking the confidence and form after last weeks World Championship 6-red win, into this event.
12 rankers for him now.
And talking of 12, he's certainly now one of the top dozen players of all-time...and he's probably only half-way through his career! :hatoff: