Post a reply

Re: 2016 Six Red World Championship

Postby OoNebsoO

I am interested even though the proper snooker is much superior. Think I fancy this more than shoot-out. Any streams though? bet365 supposedly planned to cover some matches, but nothing as of yet...

Nice preview, thecueview!

EDIT: Ah, here comes Walden on b365 now.

Postby SnookerFan

OoNebsoO wrote:I am interested even though the proper snooker is much superior. Think I fancy this more than shoot-out. Any streams though? bet365 supposedly planned to cover some matches, but nothing as of yet...

Nice preview, thecueview!

EDIT: Ah, here comes Walden on b365 now.

I remember watching some of the Six Reds on Eurosport a few years back, and vaguely enjoying it. But it tends to be closer to pool, with more of a focus on potting. Not real snooker, but alright enough to dip in and out of.

Yeah, and thanks again Cueview. :hatoff:

Re: 6 Red World Championship

Postby PoolBoy

motorhead wrote:Not sure why it's in 'SNOOKER NEWS AND WEBOSPHERE' tho...

I see what you mean! I'm going to post here then, I'm sure some nice moderator will merge the threads!

Matt Selt made a 'maximum' of 75 today in one of his group games...I've no idea how regular that occurrence is in 6 reds snooker?

Postby kolompar

I'm interested, Theppy is the defending champ :D Unfortunately I won't have time to watch much, and it's again not on Eurosport.
Not many top players entered, but it makes it more interesting, always wanted to see Brecel play this and there are lots of young amateurs too.
Also there is a Suchakree Poomjaeng, is that just Dechawat or his brother?

Postby thecueview

My bad Motorhead. I couldn't find the relevant section to put it in, and I didn't see the 'Other Events' tab at the bottom of the 2016/2017 events.

My apologies.

Postby thecueview

PoolBoy wrote:

I see what you mean! I'm going to post here then, I'm sure some nice moderator will merge the threads!

Matt Selt made a 'maximum' of 75 today in one of his group games...I've no idea how regular that occurrence is in 6 reds snooker?

I think Robert Milkins made one today too...there were 4 last year I believe.

Postby TheSaviour

Let´s see if gritty yet classy glasgowian Stephen Maguire can take it this time (again)!!

Postby OoNebsoO

Jacks are just too much for Mags.

Live score is a pain for this event. Only final results, but snooker.org had live updates for matches that started at 7:30, yet for those at 10:00, nothing yet.

Postby Andy Spark

I'm hoping to go to this event next year, combine seeing it with eating the lovely Thai food. :party:

Postby Wildey

PoolBoy wrote:Apparently it's Dechawat's older brother!

who was on the main tour for 3 seasons between 2001 and 2004 and reached the last 32 of the UK Championship in 2002 and just narrowly losing 9-8 to Graeme Dott.

Postby Wildey

OoNebsoO wrote:Jacks are just too much for Mags.

Live score is a pain for this event. Only final results, but snooker.org had live updates for matches that started at 7:30, yet for those at 10:00, nothing yet.

its hit and miss for snooker.org they work hard trying to get some info from all sources via social media and e mails but if nothing coming not a lot they can do unfortunately.

Postby PoolBoy

All the Pros have successfully negotiated their Groups and qualified for the Knockout-stage......except Rod Lawler!

Last 32 and Last 16 is first to 6 frames.
Quarters and Semis is first to 7 frames.
Final is first to 8 frames.

Postby PoolBoy

The draw:

Mark Davis v Ding Junhui
Ryan Day v Suchakree Poomjaeng (Thailand)
Noppon Saengkham v Matt Selt
Liang Wenbo v Ben Woollaston
Pankaj Advani (India) v Luckas Kleckers (Germany)
Yuan Sijun (China) v James Wattana
Luca Brecel v Michael White
David Gilbert v Michael Holt
Stuart Bingham v Mark Williams
Ishpreet Chadha (India) v Dominic Dale
Akani Songsermsawad v Ricky Walden
Joe Perry v Boonyarit Kaettikun
Stephen Maguire v Darren Morgan (Wales)
Robert Milkins v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Kritsanut 'Nook' Lertsattayathorn v Martin Gould
Mark Selby v Ivan Kakovsky (Russia)

Postby Gridlock

Dan-cat wrote:I thought Ding lost, I'm confused!

I get confused with round robins I confess! Also, I hope you aren't upset with me for being anti social. Rough times and The Avalanches Wildflowers in kinda rubbish. I am really poopie as of late.

Postby PoolBoy

It seems that Luca Brecel and Mark Selby have 'swapped places' in the draw, since yesterday's initially published line-up. Similarly, Ricky Walden and Kritsanut 'Nook' Lertsattayathorn have exchanged places...!

Results:

Mark Davis 4-6 Ding Junhui
Ryan Day 6-3 Suchakree Poomjaeng (Thailand)
Noppon Saengkham 6-3 Matt Selt
Liang Wenbo 6-4 Ben Woollaston
Pankaj Advani (India) 6-0 Luckas Kleckers (Germany)
Yuan Sijun (China) 6-0 James Wattana
Mark Selby 4-6 Michael White
David Gilbert 2-6 Michael Holt
Stuart Bingham 6-5 Mark Williams
Ishpreet Chadha (India) 0-6 Dominic Dale
Akani Songsermsawad 6-3 Kritsanut 'Nook' Lertsattayathorn
Joe Perry 6-5 Boonyarit Kaettikun
Stephen Maguire 6-0 Darren Morgan (Wales)
Robert Milkins 2-6 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Ricky Walden 6-2 Martin Gould
Luca Brecel 6-1 Ivan Kakovsky (Russia)

Postby PoolBoy

Last 16:

A good mix of nationalities remain, with England, Wales, China and Thailand well represented.

England - Joe Perry, Stuart Bingham, Ricky Walden, Michael Holt.
Wales - Dominic Dale, Michael White, Ryan Day.
China - Ding Junhui, Liang Wenbo, Yuan Sijun.
Thailand - Akani Songsermsawad, Thepchaiya Un-Nooh, Noppon Saengkham.

The other 3 players are Pankaj Advani (India), Stephen Maguire (Scotland) and Luca Brecel (Belgium).

There are 2 amateurs still involved, and they've been paired together - former Tour pro, Pankaj Advani will take on Yuan Sijun, a 16-year-old schoolboy from China.

Ding Junhui v Ryan Day
Noppon Saengkham v Liang Wenbo
Pankaj Advani v Yuan Sijun
Michael White v Michael Holt
Stuart Bingham v Dominic Dale
Akani Songsermsawad v Joe Perry
Stephen Maguire v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Ricky Walden v Luca Brecel

Postby PoolBoy

Ding Junhui 6-3 Ryan Day
Ding playing himself into form at just the right time?

Pankaj Advani 6-4 Yuan Sijun
It's a snooker 'crime' that Advani isn't on the Tour - but it's by choice, rather than any lack of ability.

Michael White 1-6 Michael Holt
Holt is perhaps going under-the-radar here, but he's done well at this event in the past.

Stuart Bingham 6-1 Dominic Dale
Bingham has been in two semis and the final of this before...so, no surprise to see him progressing.

Akani Songsermsawad 6-1 Joe Perry
Impressive demolition - beating 'The Gentleman' 6-1 demands respect!

Stephen Maguire 6-2 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Maguire comprehensively de-thrones the champion!

Ricky Walden 5-6 Luca Brecel
Brilliant win for Brecel - Walden is a proven beast at this format...

Noppon Saengkham 5-6 Liang Wenbo
The main talking-point here was Noppon Saengkham's missed black for a rare (unprecedented?) break of 79!
A break in excess of the 'maximum' has only been accomplished once in (standard) professional snooker - this would have been the 6-red equivalent! Gutting!
If Noppon had potted it, he would have been rewarded with a cash sum more than 3 times what Mark Selby pocketed for winning the most recent ranking event!
Those Thai players and their missed final blacks! <laugh>

Postby PoolBoy

Quarter-finals:

Ding Junhui v Liang Wenbo
An all-China clash! Liang Wenbo was runner-up in this last season. But it would be foolish to even try to pick a favourite in this match!

Pankaj Advani v Michael Holt
This is Holt's 3rd time at this stage - and he's reached the semis previously - his experience could be key...

Stuart Bingham v Akani Songsermsawad
The under-rated Bingham has twice been a semi-finalist at this format, and has also made the final before. Must be the favourite to end the run of the young Thai player, who only turns 21 on the day of the Final!

Stephen Maguire v Luca Brecel
Despite being 'written-off' earlier in the thread, 'Mags' is quietly going about his business, and must have a great chance of regaining the title he won the season before last. That said, Luca's not in the last 8 to just make-up-the-numbers!

Should be a terrific day tomorrow with the quarter-finals followed by the semi-finals (both first to 7).
The Final is on Saturday. (first to 8).