Post a reply

Another exciting story from World Snooker....

Postby SnookerFan

The Northern Ireland Open leads the league table of ticket sales among the new Home Nations events.

The tournament comes to the Titanic Exhibition Centre in Belfast from November 14 to 20 and it will be the first pro snooker tournament in Northern Ireland for eight years.

In second place is the Welsh Open which takes place at the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff from February 13-19. Ronnie O’Sullivan captured the title last season.

Ronnie O'Sullivan
Ronnie O’Sullivan has already entered the English Open and Northern Ireland Open
Just behind Wales in third is the new English Open, which runs from October 10-16 at Event City in Manchester.

And in fourth it’s the Scottish Open, to be hosted at the Emirates Arena in Glasgow from December 12 to 18. So Scottish fans – show your support for snooker and make sure your event doesn’t fall behind! Book seats fast by CLICKING HERE

home nations leaderboardAll four Home Nations events will feature 128 players starting in the same round, with snooker’s biggest stars battling for the titles. Any player who wins all four events will bank a massive £1 million bonus.

There’s a special offer currently running of just £15 for all-day tickets for the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of each event. A limited number of tickets are available at this price.

So get booking fast and make sure you are there to see the very top stars in action!

The Home Nations events will be televised by Eurosport and the Welsh Open will also be on BBC Wales.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/northern-ir ... cket-race/

Re: Another exciting story from World Snooker....

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:The World Snooker PR machine stumbles on, like one of those automatic vacuum cleaners that crashes into walls

To be fair, it might be a tad surprising they've sold more Northern Ireland tickets than Wales tickets, and The Welsh Open is a more established tournament. But then, the NI tournament is happening sooner than the Welsh Open, so that might account for it. Also, they haven't had any full rankers in that part of the world for a while, so the novelty factor might be there.

Weird that the English Open isn't selling well. Maybe they all heard that I'm attending the latter stages. rofl

Event City didn't sell very well for the PTC finals either, now I think about it.

Re: Another exciting story from World Snooker....

Postby Cheshire Cat

Aye. Snooker is fairly popular here in Northern Ireland and as mentioned, there hasn't been a proper tourney here for some time so I imagine there's a fair few jumping at the opportunity to attend one again. I bought an all-day ticket to the final, which would make it the first Snooker tournament i'll have been able to go and see live.

Looking forward to it.